Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
ah, so I should just completely disregard the multi target hipfire lock on thing and focus instead on scoped shots. I can do that, I'm addicted to holding L2 anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Best way to buff Hierarchy, imo, make shots fired through the ring apply 34 scorch.

doomfunk posted:

ah, so I should just completely disregard the multi target hipfire lock on thing and focus instead on scoped shots. I can do that, I'm addicted to holding L2 anyway.

Do the hipfire homing shot to prime a target, then aim and shoot that same target again.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I like Hierarchy Of Needs. It may not be the best bow, but it's fun to use.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

ah, I see now what I've been underwhelmed by all along: I clearly didn't read the loving text on the exotic.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

EVGA Longoria posted:

Given the general state of the sandbox (exotic primaries are so much better than legendary primaries it's really hard to justify running most legendary primaries), you probably want to pick up one of the exotic bows from the kiosk first.

Stares at u down the scope of my Rufus Fury.

My Strand laser rifle will never go away.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

TopHatGenius posted:

Stares at u down the scope of my Rufus Fury.

My Strand laser rifle will never go away.

HCs and Autorifles are the 2 real exceptions IMO, since they've received recent buffs.

Still hard to justify running Rufus over QSS as your primary weapon, unless you need an exotic heavy.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

doomfunk posted:

ah, I see now what I've been underwhelmed by all along: I clearly didn't read the loving text on the exotic.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Destiny 2 Lightfall: I see now what I've been underwhelmed by all along: I clearly didn't read the loving text

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

doomfunk posted:

you can set off other people's causality arrows, just just prime groups of enemies and let your friends kill them, getting chains of explosions going on groups of enemies.

Lots of options.

As for Heirarchy of Needs - I use it in any battlegrounds content where I need to stand in an area and kill lots of enemies. You can drop a well and use the homing arrows for decent DPS or to ignite groups of trash. I swap between it and Polaris Lance on a Phoenix Protocol build this season.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Hierarchy is a great GM bow. The problem Hierarchy has is it's about standing in the back of the map in one spot and shooting everything, and right now it's just outclassed by Polaris at that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

How does Polaris exist. How does Bungie allow it to exist

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Polaris is a very mediocre exotic scout rifle that happens to do the best job of any weapon in the game at taking advantage of Season of the Wish's seasonal artifact perks.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

life_source posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Destiny 2 Lightfall: I see now what I've been underwhelmed by all along: I clearly didn't read the loving text

:mods:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MJeff posted:

Polaris is a very mediocre exotic scout rifle that happens to do the best job of any weapon in the game at taking advantage of Season of the Wish's seasonal artifact perks.

Plink plink plink plink plonk

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I was looking at some of my old screen shots, came across this one and it made me smile :unsmith:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I feel like Polaris Lance has been a great for a while even without the current artifact mods (which does give it ultra steroids). I've been using it for GMs in previous seasons just how how potent the darn thing is. It may not be a speed runner candidate, but its reliable.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
quote != edit

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well its just like Graviton Lance in seasons of void.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

MJeff posted:

Goldtusk has some use against Crota if you don't wanna gently caress around with Surrounded strats, but when you can just two phase him with everybody using Lament, it's not that big of a deal.

I regularly hit over 6 mil with Goldtusk just by mashing R1 and never need to worry about ammo for the 2nd phase.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Failson posted:

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/imponent-i?highlight=core

This is a favorite of mine. From what I gather, the Awoken were rediscovering nuclear energy, and somehow created a sentient reactor that hunts. It crawled out of the Awoken home singularity and has been plaguing Awoken ever since. Maybe it's dead now, since Sjur survived an encounter, and there's a Lost Sector called Aphelion's rest?

We never did get an indication of what the cloaked statues in the Pyramids are supposed to be, did we?

I suspect that's just a reference to the Demon Core incident:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_core

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

It's confusing because one of the lore entries makes it sound like the core was created in the distributary, another links the core to the aphelion, and another makes it sound like it's a whole race called the aphelion. But there's supposed to be no link between the distributary and realspace.

Calus' lore makes it sound like there's a whole planet of these things and he uses it to make weapons, but that whole book is exaggeration and a parody of DPRK hyperbole.

Unless an aphelion somehow got into the distributary on the Yang Liwei, and they tried using it as a reactor until it broke free. Or, it was created in the distributary and it followed them when they left. But the techeuns make it sound like it was a creature primarily of realspace.

Somebody put the Battuta signal up, I'm curious if there was ever more to it.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 21, 2024

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still have an itch to lose in Trials lol

I won't but it's very annoying to me

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I still have an itch to lose in Trials lol

I won't but it's very annoying to me

why, i'm currently losing in trials right now! it sucks!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Skill issue, It's easy to lose 7 games in a row and not get to the lighthouse. I do it multiple times a weekend.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Calus's victory wine filling my mouth

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I actually like Trials as long as I don't get invested in going to the Lighthouse. Matches are pretty fast, when I'm getting curbstomped it's not fun but they're usually over pretty quickly, and if you play for a decently long session the giving and taking of curbstomps balances out more or less.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I was on some medications that made me very drowsy last time Trials was on and I decided to go for it thinking I was out of it enough that I'd probably get some rank progress and some random loot anyway even if I lost.

With the Mercy passage I got to 5/7 before hitting flawed despite nodding off for a minute in one of the matches. Bless those players for carrying me and also I'm sorry lol

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

okay ticuu's is good. I get it now

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
We have Polaris Lance at home

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

doomfunk posted:

okay ticuu's is good. I get it now

This is why you always have to ask questions, folks. :v:

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Another week of bonus gambit ranks

Another 2 and 1/2 rank resets

Still no subsistence/onslaught breakneck

6 total rank resets this season. Kill me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Never gambit

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
No judgment but I can't imagine putting that kind effort in for a legendary primary right now.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There’s a roll for just about anything you need it for. Plus it costs only one engram to focus this season.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Probably a lot of reasons why not, but it's still weird to me that we never get a new Lost Sector after the initial patrol space debuts.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They couldn't even keep up with Adventures, there was no chance of that unfortunately

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
I actually kinda enjoy IB: Tribute...? I ran a handful (3 per character) of them today and it wasn't bad at all.

I suppose if I get all the challenges done on each character by the end of the week I will hate it. I noticed that you can choose IB: Control if that floats your boat.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Sestze posted:

I actually kinda enjoy IB: Tribute...? I ran a handful (3 per character) of them today and it wasn't bad at all.

I suppose if I get all the challenges done on each character by the end of the week I will hate it. I noticed that you can choose IB: Control if that floats your boat.

Is Tribute the game mode they premiered earlier in the season that was buggy or something so they had to pull it? I don't think I got a chance to play it.

Man, Legend Starcrossed sucks. Or maybe I just hate the Vex because I also hated that other exotic mission with the vex, Avalon or whatever it was called. I'm glad I could get all 4 catalysts in one go because I do not see myself ever loading the Legend version of this again.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tribute wasn’t buggy, just hardly anyone knew or cared how to play it so there were a lot of lopsided matches and nobody was having any fun. It got changed to Eruption after a day or two

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Sestze posted:

I really enjoy it! People really get punished for overextending and controlling the tribute points is valuable of itself. I've swung a few games by killing someone holding 10 crests near a high value tribute point and immediately getting 30points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Legend Starcrossed does in fact kind of suck. I can't put my finger on it for most of the mission, just the way the enemies and the rooms are structures is very annoying to play against.

I can articulate it better for the boss, the shape of the room relative to the boss' attacks is loving rear end.