Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I've been sticking with the Bret Hart book, and I'm glad I did. It's improved a lot since it moved on to his WWF stuff, and it would be interesting to find out the actual honest to god truth behind some of these stories.

Like when Bret dropped the title to Yokozuna at WM9 so Hogan could come back to win it immediately from Yoko, he thanked Bret after the match and told him "I'll return the favour, brother". And then when it came time for him to drop the title to Bret, he flat out refused because he didn't see Bret being on his level.

In the book this is presented as it actually being Vince's idea; Vince didn't want Hogan to drop the belt to Bret even though he himself initially pitched the idea, and then blamed Hogan for it, lying to Bret about Hogan's attitude. When Bret confronted Hogan about it, he was genuinely hurt that Bret believed it, and swore up and down that it wasn't his idea, going as far as physically pulling Bret into Vince's office to confront him, at which point Vince flat out lied he had never even said the match was going to be a title match, despite doing precisely that numerous times.

The thing is, I could totally see that being true. Vince has always been a backstabbing shithead who loves nothing more than blaming others for his bad decisions, and he probably wouldn't have though Bret would confront Hogan about the issue and have his lie exposed. But then again Hogan has never been the world's most reliable guy either, and if it hadn't been for the physical confrontation of Vince, I would totally have believed the official story of Hogan refusing to do a job and then lying to Bret about it.

Also kinda funny that if the book is to be believed, Shawn, Razor and co originally pitched the idea of the Kliq to Bret and wanted him to lead it. But is the book to be believed? At this point it's becoming a meme of Bret doing something, and then $LEGENDARY_WRESTLING_FIGURE coming up to him with tears in his eyes to shake his hand and tell him that nobody had ever done the thing half as good as he just had.
I do find it incredible that there's a real chance Hogan was being honest for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I can buy that Shawn and Razor wanted Bret in the kliq when he had more stroke in the company than they did. I can also buy that they’d stab Bret in the back whenever it was convenient

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I do find it incredible that there's a real chance Hogan was being honest for once.

It's like when Biden's story about Corn Pop turned out to be true

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Who finishes 2-10 behind The Big Dog?

Because I love and respect the wwe goons I made sure and voted for you. Roman Reigns was #3 behind Beepie and Lexis King. Behind the Big Dog I put, as I know you would, the Tribal Chief, the Samoan Superman, the Head of the Table and The Aknowledged One. Cody did not make the list.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did Hogan work himself into a shoot?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/justin_sofok/status/1748807363128185251?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i wonder how Phony Phil feels about his fellow co contractors in UFC spouting off homophobia and transphobia. he’s gotten real quiet on progressive issues as of late!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i wonder how Phony Phil feels about his fellow co contractors in UFC spouting off homophobia and transphobia. he’s gotten real quiet on progressive issues as of late!

Happy he's free of the Cabal's cultural marxism, op

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

UFC fighters are homophobic and transphobic, but none of them share a bank account with their mom, so it's impossible to tell if they're good or not.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Um punk is a white hat who is working to change the system of TKO from the inside. Trust the plan. Punktriots are in control.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Seams posted:

Um punk is a white hat who is working to change the system of TKO from the inside. Trust the plan. Punktriots are in control.

this post checked as TRUE by real Chick Magnets

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Seams posted:

"what do my knuckles say"
"LA-LI-LU-LE-LO"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

"what do my knuckles say"
"LA-LI-LU-LE-LO"

No wonder Cody and Omega don't like him.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WWEgames/status/1749206431075913748?s=20

shameless

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I like how it says "win the title"
:lol:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Miching Mallecho posted:

I like how it says "win the title"
:lol:

They never said WHICH title so when he wins the probably soon-to-be-vacant "Roman is Too Big and Scary For me" Pissbaby Championship he can declare he finished the story

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it's missing innings 4 through 9

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also very funny that they're referencing the checklist thing but will cover literally none of the actual things from said list in whatever Showcase mode they do for him

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/codyrhodes/status/1749136062956408973?s=46&t=W6NPBJptIQzvL9lh6thCeQ

Incoming Peak...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
two aew stars going to main event night 1 of wrestlemania

also the rumble is this saturday and one of the world champions is apparently badly injured, they should just have the rumble be fore the vacant title

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1749209194727690747?s=20

he appears on it in 2024 too

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

That clown music should be his new theme song

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Majinfoose posted:

That clown music should be his new theme song

"I can't believe they made you Doink, man."

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I heard he tore his tricep for the first time when he was trading that hat back and forth.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Bozo has been banned from Smackdown

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm trying to win an Uno deck here and I work with loving children. This Bozo couldn't run a one ring circus.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I heard a young CM Punk say, "Oh gently caress, a clownputer? gently caress that, probably got no games", before tearing into a muffin and trying to fight a kid.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I don't think CM Punk should have to state an opinion on what happens in UFC that's like a dude at KFC having to answer for something that happened in Taco Bell and yea the brands are a BIT closer but sheeeeesh

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I finished the Bret Hart book. Thanks for the recommendation, Erin. In the end it was actually a fascinating read that confirmed some things I strongly suspected about Bret's time in the WWF, and especially the WCW. It also ultimately didn't ruin my image of Bret, even though I don't approve of the poo poo he got up to on the road, and think his depiction of his relationship with Julie is a bit let's say one-sided. But of course it is just his version so I guess it would be.

The big takeaways from the book are...
- Vince is a massive shithead (no poo poo)
- Shawn is a huge whiny baby and shithead (no poo poo)
- Triple Paul is a huge whiny baby and shithead (no poo poo)
- Bischoff lucked into getting WCW over for a while and then crashed and burned almost immediately (no poo poo)

The book's pacing was a bit strange in that he devoted drat near 30% of the book to his youth and time in Stampede Wrestling, and then in the WWF just pretty much skipped over entire years in a couple of pages. Would've been fascinating to get more info on that, and especially on the dysfunction that was the WCW. Because holy poo poo.

One of Bischoff's brilliant plans was to turn Bret face at the start of a Nitro by helping Sting, and then have him turn heel again by the end of the episode by double crossing Sting for reasons that he couldn't even explain to Bret. It's frankly amazing that poo poo show lasted as long as it did.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Who hasn’t double-crossed Sting during their careers?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Gonz posted:

Who hasn’t double-crossed Sting during their careers?

Tony Khan

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Yet.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Grem posted:

I don't think CM Punk should have to state an opinion on what happens in UFC that's like a dude at KFC having to answer for something that happened in Taco Bell and yea the brands are a BIT closer but sheeeeesh

He also commentates for CFFC on Fight Pass, op.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Grem posted:

he seemed to have an opinion on a lot of things before going back to The Fed just an observation

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Paying2Lurk posted:

He also commentates for CFFC on Fight Pass, op.

Commentary there was where he first teased coming back to WWE btw

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Punk and Bozo vs. Jack Perry and Krusty would have sold out Wembley, but Tony Khan wouldn't force Perry to do business.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Want to own Paige's WWE paperwork, including contracts, pay stubs, memos, and even private letters to her family and brad maddox? Now you can, for only three thousand dollars!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1862616314...ABk9SR9iN1YOmYw

The seller isn't Paige, btw. It's some guy who bought her storage unit and is now selling her gear and private effects to fed stans. A cool situation all round.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYD7qLTYh6g

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like highlighting how much Dusty cribbed from Billy Graham would be something to avoid?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Want to own Paige's WWE paperwork, including contracts, pay stubs, memos, and even private letters to her family and brad maddox? Now you can, for only three thousand dollars!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1862616314...ABk9SR9iN1YOmYw

The seller isn't Paige, btw. It's some guy who bought her storage unit and is now selling her gear and private effects to fed stans. A cool situation all round.

Kind of hosed up to sell Brad Maddox’s DNA without his consent

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Kind of hosed up to sell Brad Maddox’s DNA without his consent

what do you mean by this?