Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

unironically, comedy is harder than most other forms of storytelling, so makes sense

This was proven in the Dragon Ball Super episode with Arale Drslump and Vegeta was like "she's a gag character, she's too strong!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the who woyld beat goku debates critically miss that goku is a gag character and therefore inestimably powerful

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

As Goku, so Luffy

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

sb hermit posted:

binged watched the first two eps of bravern and I’m sold

may not get anime of the year (that will certainly go to dungeon meshi) but will get a special mention

You misspelled Frieren. But yeah, bravern great (and deranged), dungeon meshi great (and deranged, differently so)

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

OnimaruXLR posted:

The only shonen series that ends with a marriage that I can think of that was pretty satisfying is Fullmetal Alchemist and a certain other series that has been disqualified from consideration due to the author being a real creep

Hes not loving Voldemort. You can say his name. Are you talking about Kenshin? I honestly wouldnt know, Ive never read it and I have no idea if theres marriages at the end

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
i remember spoiling myself on kenshin and lmao that he marries the kendo lady but runs off to adventure for years at a time and comes back occasionally

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Has One Piece gotten any romantic pairings?

Like Sanji and Nami

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The closest is Hancock having a big crush on Luffy but Luffy is too adventure-brained for that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

None of the Straw Hats are in love with any of the other Straw Hats outside of your fanfiction no. They're all in committed relationships with Adventure.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
new style of pirate manga where they all authentically have a wife in every port

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres some romance involving side characters and ussop has his childhood friend girl but theres nothing between the main cast no

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Luffy and Boa Hancock maybe? Kind of one sided because Luffy's first love is adventure.

Edit: Almost the same post. Neat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also Sanji did get almost married but that was against his will

but also maybe they actually like each other?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

GateOfD posted:

Has One Piece gotten any romantic pairings?

Like Sanji and Nami

Luffy, Zoro and Sanji all have love interests but theyre: One Sided with the man not interested, One Sided with the man not interested, Magically Forced To Forget About Her. So theres no romance in the present but they have people to conceivably get married to without it sounding out of left field.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

watched episode 1 of Bucchigiri.

eh..i don't get it.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

GateOfD posted:

watched episode 1 of Bucchigiri.

eh..i don't get it.

it's epic ftw, op

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Man, I like Aoi Yuki Birdshow, but it feels like it's moving towards a dreadful place. Why is every woman the guy meets 20 years younger than him?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
because it's anime, duh

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My favorite part of bleach is how it's a series constantly about Ichigo getting powers to rescue his kidnapped friends, then sacrificing them to beat the bad guy, only to get them back, then get new powers, to sacrifice them to beat the bad guy again.

Waffleman_ posted:

The closest is Hancock having a big crush on Luffy but Luffy is too adventure-brained for that

Also it's weird because she's like thirty and he wasn't even twenty when they met.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Love is a hurricane

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Love is a giant robot who cannot and will not shut up about how much he loves you.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1748706125183390166

This was a pretty decent OAV that quickly got forgotten cause Birdie Wing came out soon afterwards.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think it was forgotten because nothing happened in it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Though to be fair how do you make a golf anime interesting?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Larryb posted:

Though to be fair how do you make a golf anime interesting?

Birdie Wing was mentioned literally two posts above you

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Make it so that playing golf kills them.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

symbolic posted:

Birdie Wing was mentioned literally two posts above you

Never heard of it until just now honestly but based on the wiki description it sounds weird enough to be worth checking out. I stand corrected then

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Even if you don't go as crazy as Birdie Wing you can use a lot of trick they use for Baseball anime to make it exciting along with having more personal conflict since it's 1 person vs many

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
My point was that nothing happened in the ova because it was literally 14 minutes long total

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the same way you make anything interesting, with characters and conflicts.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Endorph posted:

the same way you make anything interesting, with characters and conflicts.

Isnt Birdie Wing also set in an already established universe from another anime? Or is that only Dumbbells?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Kuroda likes to reuse some names, there's not a particularly deep connection between his shows that have Nafrece in them.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Madlax cinematic universe isn't a real thing but the writer of Birdie Wing loves reusing the same country so it's a very funny meme

So no, Birdie Wing doesn't take place in an established universe despite it having Char and Amuro

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like to believe it does along with the My Hero Academia movie Kuroda wrote.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Man what the gently caress is that Sasaki and Peeps ED.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

haypliss posted:

Man what the gently caress is that Sasaki and Peeps ED.

To save everyone googling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjs9ydbC3C8

:pwn:

Note that they didn't use this ED at all until episode 3, I'm guessing because the character most prominently featured in the ED only just introduced this episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:oh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Posted a week ago:

nielsm posted:

Sasaki and Peeps - could you at the absolute minimum have made the coworker girl 19 or something, and not a 16 year old high schooler? I'm sticking with it for now because bird, but with how the two other girls that appeared this episode look, I'm afraid it'll just go downhill from here.

LOL you jinxed it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm gonna be the weirdo and say I appreciate that ending. Yeah, the CG definitely looks dated as hell but it has a wacky charm to it as a one off thing for a goody ED Sequence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol yeah thats cursed but in an interesting way