Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

All the talking heads I listen to have been talking up Stroud, how amazing he is. And the game he's been fine, but man what a difference between what I was told to expect and good actual performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Gully Foyle posted:

Does he know how? Always seems to prefer diving forward.

he got that dawg in him

how the gently caress do we still have a good running game??? our first 2 RBs died in september!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Carillon posted:

All the talking heads I listen to have been talking up Stroud, how amazing he is. And the game he's been fine, but man what a difference between what I was told to expect and good actual performance.

He's been playing actually pretty well, especially for a rookie QB, the Ravens are just flat out the better team.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

he got that dawg in him

how the gently caress do we still have a good running game??? our first 2 RBs died in september!

A Hill Called Justice

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Grittybeard posted:

They hung in for a while, but the Ravens are just better is my read. Like it's not a choke job, it's just...well this is what was probably going to happen.

Yeah, I think they've got like 70% the talent of the Ravens squad. They needed to play perfectly + multiple miracles to win. Instead, they've had a bunch of penalties, some offensive misses, and only one miracle.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Grittybeard posted:

They hung in for a while, but the Ravens are just better is my read. Like it's not a choke job, it's just...well this is what was probably going to happen.

That sounds about right.

It was a great job for a team this young and coming off a horrible season last year just to get to the playoff, let alone win a playoff game.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Carillon posted:

his offensive line is getting blown up in 2 seconds

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

:schotty:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

shotgun runs should not be this successful

Carillon posted:

he absolutely torched cleveland's very good defense last week

this is just an expected outcome of facing a near-historic defense

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Calvin Dook

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
A Dalvin Cook sighting!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ravens have depth. No matter how they put as RB they just carve up defense.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Texans Cook’ed

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
It was good seasons Texans but Ravens ain’t gonna Ravens

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

let dalvin cook

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ravens just going to bully ball the rest of this game out.

You can see the Texans wilt kinda here, this poo poo was absolutely not working in the first half.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

bruhhhh :rip:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
209 yards rushing. Goddamn.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Carillon posted:

I mean, the only teams seemingly able to stand up to Baltimore this season so far have been AFCN teams, it's hardly surprising, but I don't think it's a knock against Stroud

Houston at least made it a half

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
Texans Toasted by Cook

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
:fork:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Texans ran into a buzz saw. It’s not their fault.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Ayup

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

This is the platonic ideal of a time eating drive

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Really feels like #4 could've just kept running forward there for another 5-10 yards instead of whatever that was

edit: wait, was that intentional to eat up clock? if so, drat

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
All there is left to root for in this one is the clock running so less commercials

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

Really feels like #4 could've just kept running forward there for another 5-10 yards instead of whatever that was

There was a player ahead of him outside of camera view. He tried for the juke to hit the open lane for the TD, didn't account for a player catching up to him from behind.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Syntaxed posted:

All there is left to root for in this one is the clock running so less commercials

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Syntaxed posted:

You know they get all the commercials in no matter what

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Syntaxed posted:

Texans Toasted by Cook

The real embarrassment

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ravens are just methodical. They keep getting first downs and that clock is just getting closer and closer to game over.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Was it just me or did the eagles-bucs game have a large number of commercials

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shindragon posted:

Texans Run D suuuuuuucks.

3rd beat in the league. Ravens with Lamar can run the ball.like no other.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

good ol lamar

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
has anyone said lolmar

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
:fork:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lamar demeatrice jackson

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sorry Texans, you're cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8m1Rk0oCU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, this turned into kind of an rear end-whipping, didn't it.