Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Finally, reached the Ancient King in BB2. Dropping him was a lot easier than many of his minions.

Syndicate created as GoonCamp.

It tells me that isn't a valid ID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Shwqa posted:

It tells me that isn't a valid ID.

I mean, I made it. Whether it lets anyone in is another thing.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Shwqa posted:

Number 1) elf executioner. Give yourself acrobatics and as many knife throws/ backstabs as possible and aim for preemptive stick, evasion, critical hit chance, and final strike. The idea is that you use high critical ability that can strike multiple times and preemptive strike. The final strike removes an hp stack, and the executioner ability doubles it. If the battle actually starts, then you acrobatics for 50% evade.

I've unlocked the elf but don't understand where knife throws/backstabs or final strike stats come from. Acrobatics? It's like I'm playing a different game, I don't recognize any of these functions.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I've unlocked the elf but don't understand where knife throws/backstabs or final strike stats come from. Acrobatics? It's like I'm playing a different game, I don't recognize any of these functions.

Throw Knives is a purple skill. You can reroll your way to it, or purchase Errand Boys from the Darkmoon Company for easy crafting access to it. It's a three-hit attack based on Dex/Int that's cheap and low cooldown, with an alt mode that costs 10% of your current soulstones and hits like a truck.

Acrobatics is a blue skill that's also craftable via Errand Boys, so pony up some gold and join Darkmoon when you can and spend a few union points on Business Establishment to get it.

Final Blow is a stat that you can get on equipment, from the mod points grid during an adventure, or as part of your class. Executioner has +30% base for it, for example. When it activates, when you score a critical hit, it eats one HP dot from your opponent.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Sorry I did have some skill names wrong. Here is the example on the discord.

Basically, you want 1 skill being acrobatics. That gives you 50% evade for 5 turns. It's pretty handy for an evade build. Elf gets a buff if they dodge when they are immune to all damage except void the turn after they dodge.

Throw blade is a 3x attack that is quick so it doesn't use up your turn.

Quick shot and backstab are both preemptive abilities, so if those skills are not on cool down at the start of combat, you will use them before the enemy can attack. Executioners start with backstab, but it seems like players prefer quick shot on the leader boards.

Edit: elf also doubles the strength of any skill without runes, so unless you are in the late game with 4x spaces and high rarity runes, don't bother with those on your attacks.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 21, 2024

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Buriedbornes2: Is the capture skill supposed to put the enemy in jail or is it supposed to give mod points? I tried and beat the monster dungeon once and it was a ton of fun, but I don't know how to fill up the jail any faster

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

can we head off the two weeks of buriedborne2 chat in this thread and just have yall make a new thread for it before it starts

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
god loving forbid someone talk about an android game in the android game thread

Rapner
May 7, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

god loving forbid someone talk about an android game in the android game thread

When one game dominates the platform wide thread, then that's what should happen

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Posts about it will die down in a week and this thread isn't busy enough otherwise for it to matter, you'll live

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Yeah we should talk more about royal match's homoeroticism

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
It rocks reading posts about a completely incomprehensible game like Buriedbornes that I'm never going to play, not even joking.

People say a bunch of arcane stuff about it and I get to imagine what the game is like without having to actually play it while continuing to plink away at my Shop Titans and Merge Mayor treadmills and saving real Video Game Experiences® for dedicated devices.

This post is completely unironic. It'll phase out after a couple weeks like every other flavor of the month.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah we should talk more about royal match's homoeroticism

Every board has dog accomodations but we never see a dog. :thunk:

Just asking questions

Silius
Apr 24, 2010
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.AdamTilinger.KyenTheTSkeletonAmulet

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

oh, rad

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

delfin posted:

I mean, I made it. Whether it lets anyone in is another thing.

This is what a syndicate code looks like

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Can you at least copy/paste that guid?

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Can someone post a really basic guide on how to unlock the elf executioner race/class combo, it's not very clear to me (I never played the first one either so just assume I have 0 knowledge of any systems etc in the game generally)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

multistability posted:

Can someone post a really basic guide on how to unlock the elf executioner race/class combo, it's not very clear to me (I never played the first one either so just assume I have 0 knowledge of any systems etc in the game generally)

Sure thing. There are two main ways to unlock things; by spending union points and as dungeon clear rewards.

Elf is the easy part. Spend 300 gold to join the Sworn Solidarity Society; you'll want to join all of the various unions eventually, and once they're purchased you can switch from one to the other for free, so don't hesitate.

Once you're in the SSS, click Order, then click Progress to view the various rewards. You earn Union points through adventuring; whatever union you are currently a member of will award you points as you progress and hack away at things. Once in a while, a union rep will pop up as an in-dungeon event and give you fetch quests to choose from, which are often more trouble than they're worth or ludicrously involved.

So, go dungeon-diving for a while and build up points, then come back to the SSS to spend them. The middle one gives you Livelihood Support at level 2 (which, as previously noted, lets you craft a skill in-dungeon whose burst mode gives you a nicely beefy Spirit Wolf), and Elf at level 5. That means 1500 union points in all to reach level 5, so get crackin'. (After that, Druid from that union isn't bad, either, as it starts you with Thorn Armor and it's also fairly cheap to unlock.)

Now, Executioner is a dungeon reward. As you progress through the dungeons and successfully clear them, you will unlock a variety of new classes and races. I would like to tell you which one unlocks Executioner, but the Rewards panel for each dungeon only shows you what you haven't unlocked yet, so just go through them in order. The icon at the bottom right of the world map lists the dungeons in order; Highway - Caves - Spire - Nightmare - Temple - Slums are the first six in increasing order of difficulty.

norp posted:

Can you at least copy/paste that guid?

Now that I know that that's the secret...

62a16a4a-8651-4cf9-bdfe-96adbc6816e1

Then we can all whisper rude things at each other.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

delfin posted:

Now, Executioner is a dungeon reward. As you progress through the dungeons and successfully clear them, you will unlock a variety of new classes and races. I would like to tell you which one unlocks Executioner, but the Rewards panel for each dungeon only shows you what you haven't unlocked yet, so just go through them in order. The icon at the bottom right of the world map lists the dungeons in order; Highway - Caves - Spire - Nightmare - Temple - Slums are the first six in increasing order of difficulty.

Having just unlocked this, it's Temple.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

delfin posted:

I copied this guid and it says no such syndicate

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

delfin posted:

Sure thing. There are two main ways to unlock things; by spending union points and as dungeon clear rewards.

Elf is the easy part. Spend 300 gold to join the Sworn Solidarity Society; you'll want to join all of the various unions eventually, and once they're purchased you can switch from one to the other for free, so don't hesitate.

Once you're in the SSS, click Order, then click Progress to view the various rewards. You earn Union points through adventuring; whatever union you are currently a member of will award you points as you progress and hack away at things. Once in a while, a union rep will pop up as an in-dungeon event and give you fetch quests to choose from, which are often more trouble than they're worth or ludicrously involved.

So, go dungeon-diving for a while and build up points, then come back to the SSS to spend them. The middle one gives you Livelihood Support at level 2 (which, as previously noted, lets you craft a skill in-dungeon whose burst mode gives you a nicely beefy Spirit Wolf), and Elf at level 5. That means 1500 union points in all to reach level 5, so get crackin'. (After that, Druid from that union isn't bad, either, as it starts you with Thorn Armor and it's also fairly cheap to unlock.)

Now that I know that that's the secret...

This is really helpful, thanks!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

cirus posted:

I copied this guid and it says no such syndicate

I don't know that I was expecting their password system to be straight out of a bad NES game AND buggy, but... NussyGames.

Try this one, which is the latest one that "Syndicate ID copied to your clipboard" produced:

a77e2898-9a37-47e1-8c2a-87b49a4f8252

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I enjoy when the thread gets a flavour of the moment game and many posts appear because that is usually what is required for me to overturn my laziness and give something a shot. I also appreciate a bit of discussion as it usually shows that a game has some sustained drawing power.

thuly posted:

It rocks reading posts about a completely incomprehensible game like Buriedbornes that I'm never going to play, not even joking.

Also this. Idle Game chatter effect.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

delfin posted:

I don't know that I was expecting their password system to be straight out of a bad NES game AND buggy, but... NussyGames.

Try this one, which is the latest one that "Syndicate ID copied to your clipboard" produced:

a77e2898-9a37-47e1-8c2a-87b49a4f8252

Confirming this one works.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

A lot of times, I don't even check out a game until it floods the android game thread.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shwqa posted:

A lot of times, I don't even check out a game until it floods the android game thread.

Happy birthday, Shwqa!

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Kheldarn posted:

Happy birthday, Shwqa!

Is it that time of year already? Happy birthday Shwqa!!

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Happy birthday, Shwqa!

It's in September you fools.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Happy birthday, Shwqa!
You remembered :unsmith:

Funny enough, I was celebrating my partner's birthday today.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Any tips for Necromerger or Idle Apocalypse? I use ad guard and I don't want to bother turning it off just to watch in game ads so progress is pretty slow so far, especially Necromerger.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Any tips for Necromerger or Idle Apocalypse? I use ad guard and I don't want to bother turning it off just to watch in game ads so progress is pretty slow so far, especially Necromerger.

Buy the ad free upgrade? Idk what to say other than yeah it's going to be slow when you turn off the "go faster" button entirely.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Also this. Idle Game chatter effect.

Agreed. This game is like when someone tried to explain plots from Aqua Teen Hunger Force or Upright Citizens Brigade and it just sounded too crazy to be a real thing on TV. But it was.

I'll probably check it out soon or never but it sounds wild.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Goddammit I'm hooked on the match game

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I beat Magical Research, even the ultimate challenge more. I am lost, adrift at sea, without this idle clicker game with a lovely UI.

I tried BuriedBones again and got a little into it, it has the worst kind of roguelike progression through levels where it will throw off build trash at you constantly, but it's fun. There are some issues I have with the combat though; hitting max bravery when an enemy has one hp left in a HP level is very annoying, and the second enemy in a stack getting a free hit is dumb.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Eat The Rich posted:

Goddammit I'm hooked on the match game

No ads is huge. I really expected it to be one of those annoying games that forces ads after every level, but it's really on Merge Mayor levels of pleasant casual game with fun QoL

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Are you talking about Royal Match? I frankly don't believe you. Any game that advertises that heavily has to be full of ads, doesn't it?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Farquar posted:

Are you talking about Royal Match? I frankly don't believe you. Any game that advertises that heavily has to be full of ads, doesn't it?

No ads. Yet somehow not a gatcha either.

The secret to their mtx is items and coins. Coins get you extra turns when you run out and items help clear the board. You get plenty of both for free through normal play. The trick, however, is that around level ~200 you get access to the super light ball, where the lightball has a double effect on everything. You lose it when you lose your winning streak and don't get it back until you clear 10 rounds. The problem is that the super light ball is broken as all gently caress, so suddenly you start burning through all your resources trying to keep your streak going as long as possible. Once you get a taste of those balls, it feels really bad to lose it.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is this the game you guys are talking about?

Renegret posted:

No ads. Yet somehow not a gatcha either.

The secret to their mtx is items and coins. Coins get you extra turns when you run out and items help clear the board. You get plenty of both for free through normal play. The trick, however, is that around level ~200 you get access to the super light ball, where the lightball has a double effect on everything. You lose it when you lose your winning streak and don't get it back until you clear 10 rounds. The problem is that the super light ball is broken as all gently caress, so suddenly you start burning through all your resources trying to keep your streak going as long as possible. Once you get a taste of those balls, it feels really bad to lose it.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Mobile Gaming > Android Gaming Megathread: Once You Get A Taste Of Those Balls, It Feels Really Bad To Lose It

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

Is this the game you guys are talking about?

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Mobile Gaming > Android Gaming Megathread: Once You Get A Taste Of Those Balls, It Feels Really Bad To Lose It

Good title. Mods?

And yes it's that game.