Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
A successful season regardless of what happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Gave a good fight on the road to one of the best teams in the league, a good way to go out if things hold for the 4th quarter.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

it was a successful season but jesus losing like this is awful. wonder how many more false starts they have in them for the fourth quarter.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Awful?

They went into a hostile environment against the team favored to win the Super Bowl.

poo poo happens.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yeah im not saying the team is bad im saying that the experience of watching them get demolished is a really lovely one. it sucks! i hoped the game would at least be competitive. oh well future is bright and season was great.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol Houston is never doing anything with demeco near the franchise

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

Lol Houston is never doing anything with demeco near the franchise

this matches their most successful seasons ever :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

3 points on offense is pretty brutal

Terrible penalties tonight

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hopefully the texans can add some more pieces in the off-season and also tank dell will make it through a whole season next year.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

also i think it's pretty clear demeco is a good coach...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

hopefully the texans can add some more pieces in the off-season and also tank dell will make it through a whole season next year.

Maybe don't use him as a blocker on goalline runs

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Yeah, great season. Found out the QB can play, found out the coach can coach. Now just add some talent. With the second best QB in the division, things are looking up!

edit: Trevor Bust

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

With tears in my eyes: CJ Bust

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Trevor wishes he was as much of a bust as CJ.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It would be difficult to imagine a better season compared to expectations and keep it within the realm of plausibility. Couldn't be happier overall. If we nail this draft like we did the last one, watch the gently caress out

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

We also won the “No one gives a poo poo about this but me” decision to trade our pick versus the Browns to get Will Anderson Jr.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

You know I was rooting for the Texans, AFC South solidarity or something? But really I can't ever root for the Ravens after they were hunting Chris Johnson back in his good years. gently caress them birds.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans were playing with house money at this point and I'm happy they were able to accomplish this much one season after being the worst team in the league

But man. Impossible not to be bummed once they get here and come up short. Hoping for a bright future

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

tangy yet delightful posted:

You know I was rooting for the Texans, AFC South solidarity or something? But really I can't ever root for the Ravens after they were hunting Chris Johnson back in his good years. gently caress them birds.

are u imagining something to be mad about

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ghost Dog posted:

you are talking to a Titans fan, it's their whole existence.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

EvilBeard posted:

you are talking to a Titans fan, it's their whole existence.

getting mad kicks rear end

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

getting mad kicks rear end

don't put in the newspaper that I got mad

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
cj bust, chokes when it matters most

put him in the bust box with trevor, richardson and mayo boy

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

One of bust!
One of bust!

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

more like cj gooddraftpick

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ghost Dog posted:

It's a crystal clear memory in my mind Mr. Ghost Dog. And am I holding a grudge? Yes indeed.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
i thought ghosts were supposed to be the ones holding grudges

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

tangy yet delightful posted:

It's a crystal clear memory in my mind Mr. Ghost Dog. And am I holding a grudge? Yes indeed.

i remember them tackling him normally

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The other nice thing about this season is it might make the Texans an attractive free agent destination with how good both Stroud and Ryans came off looking

IDK, looking for bright sides after a painful loss. The offense getting held to 3 points was a real rude awakening to how far the team still is. Just pure domination from the Ravens D

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean young QBs are going to have rough games. Hell Stroud has had worse games against worst teams. It will be fine

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Real excited for Mike Macdonald as the titans hc

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Texans line finally came home to roost. They'd actually held up well the last couple games against good defensive fronts, but with all the shuffling this year, the Ravens and all their looks finally confused them and led to a lot of blown assignments.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
No More Mikes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

1 more mike

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Intruder posted:

Not a fan of the Texans deciding not to gameplan for Lamar Jackson running the ball

i'm gonna defend houston and say they did, along with everyone else who plays against lamar. it just doesnt work

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

also stroud is a loving stud and houston is going to be in a conference title game somewhere in the next 3 seasons.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Honestly before the season started I thought we were good for 6 wins and wouldn’t be able to point to which 6 I thought were winnable. This is the first time in ages I’m feeling actually hopeful about this team. Even in the OBrien days, there was always something obviously wrong - the QB situation at first, then the O Line, trading away Hopkins for a bucket of piss, mortgaging the future for Tunsil. Even on the year we blew it to the Chiefs in the divisional round, most of the wins in the crazy streak in the regular season seemed more lucky than actually being a good team.

I’m excited to see where they go moving forward, and also to keep spamming ‘big willy style’ in here

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1749593738639212749

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Hey don't worry, nothing bad ever happens when you hire a Bengals OC.

Just ask the Commanders if you don't believe the Browns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

just glad its not slowik