Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

kw0134 posted:

Do you have links to this? I'm now morbidly interested in the stories behind Confederate furry.

https://slate.com/human-interest/2021/11/nazi-furries-deradicalization-efforts.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How's your clime?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Putting Trump on stage in front of a crowd and having him give a speech in his current state is elder abuse, and I for one am disgusted by it

There are way better ways for people to abuse him that don't show his gross mug on a television

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I think he'd actually be doing better attending debates and having targets in front of him to provoke him to be a catty bitch towards than letting him ramble at a crowd that will cheer for anything

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe Clime is the name of the foreign dignity.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

great big cardboard tube posted:

I think he'd actually be doing better attending debates and having targets in front of him to provoke him to be a catty bitch towards than letting him ramble at a crowd that will cheer for anything

Watching some of these clips, the crowd actually doesn't seem to give a poo poo about a lot of what he's saying.

They went loving ballistic when that one guy started heckling Trump though. They want blood, they don't actually give a gently caress about windmill rants.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Powershift posted:

Imagine leaving your house to listen to this.

Like getting all ready driving to an arena, parking, waiting in line, listening to Macho Man on repeat for an hour because he's late, just to see his brain poo poo itself in person.

better yet, imagine giving your life for this shitstain lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Brain: JUST FINE AND NOT A HOAX

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

“I did what I did. You’ll just have to deal with it.

And I’ll do it again.”

Just loving LOL

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Buce posted:

better yet, imagine giving your life for this shitstain lol

And all just "to own the libs"

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Oh, I love getting a chance to see foreign dignity since the United States has none.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

The rightwing fight against EV will go down in history as one of the weirdest things in modern history, there are legit criticism that there are infrastructure concerns with widespread adoption but the entire thread seems to be "I hate rich liberals and they they seem to like these cars and therefor the must be loving morons."

There is absolutely no coherent rightwing political reason to hate EVs and yet they have an absolute burning hate for them because rich people in California or something?

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 21, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Trump is still the most presidential?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Three Olives posted:

The rightwing fight against EV will go down in history as one of the weirdest things in modern history, there are legit criticism that there are infrastructure concerns with widespread adoption but the entire thread seems to be "I hate rich liberals and they they seem to like these cars and therefor the must be loving morons."

There is absolutely no coherent rightwing political reason to hate EVs and yet they have an absolute burning hate for them.

Because then they'd have to admit they were wrong about electric vehicles going back decades.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Trump is still the most presidential?

Very presidential and regarded

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Three Olives posted:

There is absolutely no coherent rightwing political reason to hate EVs and yet they have an absolute burning hate for them because rich people in California or something?

it's projection. they think liberal identity is attached to EVs the way chud identity is so often attached to MANLY TURKCS. so evs must be destroyed.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

the article posted:

She said, “They’re people without a lot of power in their own lives, so the fandom is a place where you can exert that power. Or at least, you can also find more friendships and connections with other people.” Some Nazi furries, especially those in the higher ranks, really believe they are on a path to a white ethnostate. Others are merely grifting. But a lot of them find themselves trapped.
Feels like a repeated theme wrt to right-wing groups.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I just got a bunch of frost on my clime.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_leY_LgOuQ

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Climewire

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Three Olives posted:

It's also a great example of them being complete liars when they bring up personal freedoms, and "I don't care what you do in the comfort of your own home".

I've got a Right Wing co-worker who constantly brings up our EV, like he's going to make me feel bad about it or something. I've shown him the charger app's data to prove that he's talking out his rear end when he says it costs 5x as much as a gas vehicle, I've shown up to work with it on some of the coldest, snowiest days with no problem, and I've even offered to take him for a quick ride to show him that it doesn't feel like a Prius from 10 years ago. Dude just enjoys being a shitheel.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Plenty of chuds love Teslas because they love Elon and it's conspicuous consumption, but they hate EVs because woke. It's weird

I'm in swamp rear end florida and every third loving car is a Tesla I swear to christ.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

jesus christ lol

the shading

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Because then they'd have to admit they were wrong about electric vehicles going back decades.

Like, I know people want to pin some crazy ideological belief on me, but 100% of the reason I drive an electric car is, I don't like buying gas or taking my car to the dealership for an oil change and being told I need a new belt or whatever. That is 100% the reason I drive an electric car, I don't like buying gas and having my oil changed, there is zero political ideology attached to it, I just don't like buying gas. And what I have heard for the last 3 years is how much conservatives hate buying gas too, so...

an AOL chatroom posted:

It's also a great example of them being complete liars when they bring up personal freedoms, and "I don't care what you do in the comfort of your own home".

I've got a Right Wing co-worker who constantly brings up our EV, like he's going to make me feel bad about it or something. I've shown him the charger app's data to prove that he's talking out his rear end when he says it costs 5x as much as a gas vehicle, I've shown up to work with it on some of the coldest, snowiest days with no problem, and I've even offered to take him for a quick ride to show him that it doesn't feel like a Prius from 10 years ago. Dude just enjoys being a shitheel.

My god, yes, this constantly. Like, seriously, listen to yourself, do you think I am loving insane? No, I am not paying $100 a week to charge my car, do you really think I am too liberal to drive an GLS? Because I would in a heartbeat for that kind of money.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

Three Olives posted:

Like, I know people want to pin some crazy ideological belief on me, but 100% of the reason I drive an electric car is, I don't like buying gas or taking my car to the dealership for an oil change and being told I need a new belt or whatever. That is 100% the reason I drive an electric car, I don't like buying gas and having my oil changed, there is zero political ideology attached to it, I just don't like buying gas. And what I have heard for the last 3 years is how much conservatives hate buying gas too, so...

My god, yes, this constantly. Like, seriously, listen to yourself, do you think I am loving insane? No, I am not paying $100 a week to charge my car, do you really think I am too liberal to drive an GLS? Because I would in a heartbeat for that kind of money.

Yknow sometimes you have good points

But

gently caress you 3 Olives.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

3O do you actually drive a GLS

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
But does the car make toast? I need to know.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

emSparkly posted:

But does the car make toast? I need to know.

in that it catches fire and burns everything inside -- yes

e: oh we're talkin different elec vehicle

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kw0134 posted:

Feels like a repeated theme wrt to right-wing groups.

I think more and more fandoms are also finally starting to have reckonings with the right-wing shitbags that have infiltrated their spaces since 2014/2016 like the furries did earlier this decade. Star Wars, for example, is currently undergoing a widespread internal movement to maybe finally flush all the loving misogynists and incels out to sea after the biggest Star Wars YouTuber had some chud psychologist on his show and she went "Women don't like Star Wars, it's not a space for girls, there should be fewer women in Star Wars, not more" and he nodded along and went "Yep, keeping women out of my sacred space wizard cartoon is Priority 1", and so now female and non-incel male Star Wars fans are rising up and going "gently caress you, you gatekeeping weirdo(s), Star Wars if for everyone" in a way that hasn't really been seen before.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Toxic Mental posted:

He drives a ford mach-e. Come join us in the EV thread. We razz each other but we’re all friends. Just about everyone there agrees musk is a fuckhead, and those that don’t stay quiet or get laughed at. I have a bolt. They’re good cars!

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
EDIT: ^^^^^^^^ I should check that thread out.

EDIT: Just got done checking it out and didn't understand any of the acronyms. :(

Wait, EV's don't require gas or oil changes? :confused:

Outpost22 fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 21, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Star Wars is actually for children

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
You don't have the change the oil on electric cars? That's wild.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

He used the word "clime" correctly, but then Trump-corrected himself because he did it by mistake.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Worried every day if I can make it to work and how much it is going to cost me.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Guildenstern Mother posted:

You don't have the change the oil on electric cars? That's wild.

Chevrolet once sent me an offer in the mail to change my oil. So who do you trust more?

edit: I have an electric car.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 21, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Three Olives posted:

Worried every day if I can make it to work and how much it is going to cost me.

:rolleyes:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

priznat posted:

Star Wars is actually for adult-shaped children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

How's your clime?