Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009
There are already a bunch of YouTube edits of Alex Jones set to the Warhammer 40k universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oavy7VNDCM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Froghammer posted:

:siren: Alex thinks the Chaos god from Warhammer are real :siren:

I mean, we really should have guessed this back when he stumbled down the rabbit hole of defining the difference between... was it Draculas, Renfields, and gremlin-wraiths or something like that? I just recall him getting completely lost in specifically categorizing his enemies into his own little RPG-like caste system where it was explicitly clear that he wasn't using it as some metaphor to describe their personalities.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

The moderator completely losing his poo poo had me laughing so hard.

So did Jordan screaming over Alex's 4 minute "Let me just add some context then I'll stop talking..." tangent with a whole lot of "WHY ARE THEY LETTING HIM TALK?!? SOMEBODY STOP THIS!!!" as if Jordan was at the debate table while everyone calmly indulges Alex's drunk rambling.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

red19fire posted:

It always makes me lol when Alex reads a headline and instantly says THIS IS JUST LIKE THE MATRIX or one of the like three other movies he’s ever seen. Just zero intellectual curiosity.

It must be nice to believe in predictive programming and think watching blockbuster movies counts as doing serious research about the world around you.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I started listening to Coast to Coast AM in the 90's when I was a teenager, so I was completely underwhelmed by his cosmology. Always have been. AJ has basically made a role playing universe out of the late 90s/ early 2000s movies Frailty, Fallen,The Arrival, Constantine, End of Days, The Devil's Advocate, plus whatever sci-fi books he read as a child before getting his first concussion, and some Boomer New Age bullshit he probably picked up from his parents when they were in a 'phase'.

edit:

Alex Jones is living inside Beyond the Black Rainbow. gently caress, now I all I can think about are weird fiction horror movies that would blow Alex's mind.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 19, 2024

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Fred is on posted:

It must be nice to believe in predictive programming and think watching blockbuster movies counts as doing serious research about the world around you.

This was the worst part of dating an infowarrior it was really hard to enjoy movies like Cloverfield.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Honestly, today's episode was an all-timer. Space weirdos, aliens, naked begging for money, not ever getting to covering the Iowa caucus despite telling his audience he was going to like five times, the works. Classic Alex.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

0konner posted:

This was the worst part of dating an infowarrior it was really hard to enjoy movies like Cloverfield.

That was the worst part?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Xakura posted:

That was the worst part?

Yeah. Loose change was easy to dismiss as just like “oh that’s just some weird poo poo they’re into”. But when they got more into how mainstream movies were all promoting “quarantine and kill” narratives that was worse.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Froghammer posted:

Honestly, today's episode was an all-timer. Space weirdos, aliens, naked begging for money, not ever getting to covering the Iowa caucus despite telling his audience he was going to like five times, the works. Classic Alex.

Agreed, my disdain for AJ’s uninspired worldbuilding aside, this was classic four quadrants episode.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Froghammer posted:

I needed it after the J6 DEBATE episodes. Took me several days to get through each of those and by the end it was starting to feel like I'd never listened to anything else.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Incredible that a 3 hour ‘debate’ needs a 7 hour companion podcast to make it digestible.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jesus, Dan, Jordan. Take a break! Please!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
It is kind of crazy that Alex veers hard into the occultism after Dan and Jordan complain that they can’t find any good Wacky Wednesday content…

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Clarke slander makes me angro

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

"Knighthood
edit
On 26 May 2000, he was made a Knight Bachelor "for services to literature" at a ceremony in Colombo.[14][b][50] The award of a knighthood had been announced in the 1998 New Year Honours list,[13][51] but investiture with the award had been delayed, at Clarke's request, because of an accusation by the tabloid the Sunday Mirror of paying boys for sex.[52][53] The charge was subsequently found to be baseless by the Sri Lankan police.[54][55] According to The Daily Telegraph, the Mirror subsequently published an apology, and Clarke chose not to sue for defamation.[56] The Independent reported that a similar story was not published, allegedly because Clarke was a friend of newspaper tycoon Rupert Murdoch.[57] Clarke himself said, "I take an extremely dim view of people mucking about with boys", and Rupert Murdoch promised him the reporters responsible would never work in Fleet Street again.[58] Clarke was then duly knighted"
pre total shitshow Murdoch
Source wikiopidio
BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/74938.stm

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

rotinaj posted:

The modern day of scifi authors would send him into a screaming tizzy
If Alex had to read The Locked Tomb or the Broken Earth trilogy there's a legitimate chance he'd have an aneurysm

Froghammer fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 20, 2024

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Making him read ann leckie's work and watching him immedietly sputter out learning the Human empire of the Radchaai only use she/her pronouns and are monogendered.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
We’re just recommending media to each other now, aren’t we?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I was imagining him just trying to read a China Mieville book.

Aloud.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I thought it was bizarre he just played that whole Rachel Maddow clips, uninterrupted, and then had almost no commentary on it. "oops this clip actually makes me look real bad, ummm... demons!!"

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I had to stop and make sure that wasn't a clip that Dan started playing to rebut Alex. Maybe check the content of clips before playing them, Crew.

fake edit: i am not mad at the crew.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Marsupial Ape posted:

We’re just recommending media to each other now, aren’t we?
Watch On Cinema At The Cinema

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Ok, hear me out: how long before AJ is so desperate for money that he finally catches up to 2018 and tries to run an actual play RPG live stream? Could you imagine Alex Jones as a Dungeon Master?

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Marsupial Ape posted:

Ok, hear me out: how long before AJ is so desperate for money that he finally catches up to 2018 and tries to run an actual play RPG live stream? Could you imagine Alex Jones as a Dungeon Master?

Paranoia? I'd watch.

Wouldn't pay, but I'd watch.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He never left the Satanic Panic and 100% thinks that Dungeons and Dragons is a satanic plot to steal the souls of children

That said, yeah he'd probably love Paranoia

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I don’t think I’ve ever heard AJ mention role playing games. It’s football that AJ thinks is Satan’s game.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
What with his chronic inability to distinguish fiction from reality, it's probably for the best that Alex doesn't get into D&D

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Froghammer posted:

What with his chronic inability to distinguish fiction from reality, it's probably for the best that Alex doesn't get into D&D

I think you’re missing the point of this exercise.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

He’d definitely be a ride-or-die second edition Advanced Dungeons and Dragons guy. Probably lots of Dark Sun, with creepy Gor poo poo bolted on.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Marsupial Ape posted:

You step into the throne room, where you witness hundreds and hundreds of dark elves in a circle performing a satanic dance. They turn and start hissing at you. "Nyeeeeh, nyeeeeh, you will never get our precious Orb of Gartak, because we hate your freedoms and your prospeeeerity! What we love is transgenderism, Klaus Schwab and open booorders!" As they speak you see them putting children in tubes, your children, and, and, and, and this is confirmed, this is all over the mainstream news. They ADMIT that they put hundreds of thousands of children in tubes, hundreds of thousands in every state, every day, and... you don't want to know what they're doing to these children, folks. It's bad. I won't go into it, but just imagine the worst thing they could do to children, and it's worse than that. (Ten second pause.) Now I have a question for you: Will you retreat like the cowards the elites think you are, or will you FIGHT? WILL YOU STAND UP TO DEFEND EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND BEAUTIFUL AND PURE? WILL YOU GRAB THESE DIRTY KOBOLDS BY THE SKULL, politically, non-violently, AND STOMP THEIR GUTS OUT? ROLL FOR INITIATIVE! But first, I need to tell you about the once-in-a-lifetime deals we've got going on all magic items, all gold purchases half-off and double patriot points with the coupon code "PALADIN"--

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Fred is on posted:

You step into the throne room, where you witness hundreds and hundreds of dark elves in a circle performing a satanic dance. They turn and start hissing at you. "Nyeeeeh, nyeeeeh, you will never get our precious Orb of Gartak, because we hate your freedoms and your prospeeeerity! What we love is transgenderism, Klaus Schwab and open booorders!" As they speak you see them putting children in tubes, your children, and, and, and, and this is confirmed, this is all over the mainstream news. They ADMIT that they put hundreds of thousands of children in tubes, hundreds of thousands in every state, every day, and... you don't want to know what they're doing to these children, folks. It's bad. I won't go into it, but just imagine the worst thing they could do to children, and it's worse than that. (Ten second pause.) Now I have a question for you: Will you retreat like the cowards the elites think you are, or will you FIGHT? WILL YOU STAND UP TO DEFEND EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND BEAUTIFUL AND PURE? WILL YOU GRAB THESE DIRTY KOBOLDS BY THE SKULL, politically, non-violently, AND STOMP THEIR GUTS OUT? ROLL FOR INITIATIVE! But first, I need to tell you about the once-in-a-lifetime deals we've got going on all magic items, all gold purchases half-off and double patriot points with the coupon code "PALADIN"--

The best post?

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 21, 2024

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Fred is on posted:

This should be in the OP of the thread.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
TRUE CLERIC VITALITY

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

He plays a ranger that is literally just Aragorn. His favored enemy is “globalist” and he will start shouting if you try to argue it doesn’t apply.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
This Periapt of Proof Against Liberalism gives me +2 to Will saves whenever the globalists try to recruit me to their side

Also I get double Patriot Points when I shop at infowarsstore.com

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Hed play the gently caress out of Gor and Mage WOD

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Fred is on posted:

I hate how much I can hear this in Alex's voice lol

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Every time jones says "confirmed!!" that's when you know he's about to drop an extra big pile of bullshit. Also I wonder how many times he's used the exact same stack of papers on his desk to tell you what's really going on. Is it just the same stack of papers every day or does he rotate in stacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Mercury_Storm posted:

Every time jones says "confirmed!!" that's when you know he's about to drop an extra big pile of bullshit. Also I wonder how many times he's used the exact same stack of papers on his desk to tell you what's really going on. Is it just the same stack of papers every day or does he rotate in stacks?

No they are consistently a new batch of headlines I assume just whatever the crews pulled from zero hedge that day plus any mainstream headlines he can yell about.