Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

2024 Sent is great. I mean, he was always great but this is on a different level

getting a consistent not-sleeping schedule has made him more powerful than ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Switched back to the QWOP screen and it was all hurdles from donations

:lol:

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Hasn't been called out here, but the fact that the runs also show up on YouTube within hours of the run completing, including custom thumbnail, is just amazing. Runs missed over night you can literally watch the next morning. It didn't use to be this quick.

Also donated for Bortz. Cmon bortz!

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

25% of the total donation in the last 3 hours is gonna be kinda rough, though I expect they might make it anyway because GDQ be like that.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the current rate of donations is crazy high, i hope it keeps up until 2.5 million

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Speaking of which, anyone know when the 10.5 meter hurdler happened so we can watch it?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Agent355 posted:

25% of the total donation in the last 3 hours is gonna be kinda rough, though I expect they might make it anyway because GDQ be like that.

rpg closers in the past have led to some truly bonkers donation explosions in the last couple hours of gdq before, so

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I hope this isn’t a stall to 500k

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008

TheMopeSquad posted:

Speaking of which, anyone know when the 10.5 meter hurdler happened so we can watch it?

Somewhere in Awful Block, I think. I ended up falling asleep after Sneak King but that was when chat said it happened. Even played Snake Eater too, apparently.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

TheMopeSquad posted:

I wanna say it was between Gravity Rush and Spark the Electric Jester.

Either that or just after Awful Block

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Flesnolk posted:

I hope this isn’t a stall to 500k

yes they are going to stall for 430k dollars for an incentive attached to the end of a 2 and a half hour run at the point of the marathon that typically brings in the largest donation rush. you figured it out.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

man these pixel remasters look so good, except the font choice which looks like a placeholder they never replaced

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Time for Blue Mage!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Hasn't been called out here, but the fact that the runs also show up on YouTube within hours of the run completing, including custom thumbnail, is just amazing. Runs missed over night you can literally watch the next morning. It didn't use to be this quick.

And they're linked on the schedule page, which I think is something they added within the last couple of days. The new schedule page itself has been a great and active development imo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that does bring up a request i've always had: can the schedules be archived on the site in perpetuity, especially with direct links to the vods/runners? i'd love to use it to watch old marathons especially with youtube's ui getting worse and worse, and as far as i can tell the schedule on the gdq website gets wiped once the next schedule happens

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i've been moving the last four days so have missed basically everything, but i am home, i have beer, i am ready to finish out gdq live

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

site posted:

i've been moving the last four days so have missed basically everything, but i am home, i have beer, i am ready to finish out gdq live

watch mario 64 drum% as soon as agdq ends

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I'd never played FFV before this year, but I saw this was the AGDQ finale and finally went ahead and beat the Pixel Remaster. While it's definitely my least-favorite SNES-era Final Fantasy primarily because of the tone, it was clear while playing it that it would be hilariously busted as a speedrun. ZIC3 is going to do terrible, terrible things to this poor game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i don't think they meet the omega superboss milestone, donations have slowed down quite a bit since the start of the run. they'd need about 3k a minute from here and they are only at about 1k a minute.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

yea i guess they'll just hit 2.25m at best

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
YO! They had a Theatrhythm cabinet in the arcade at GDQ? HELL YEAH!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

flatluigi posted:

that does bring up a request i've always had: can the schedules be archived on the site in perpetuity, especially with direct links to the vods/runners? i'd love to use it to watch old marathons especially with youtube's ui getting worse and worse, and as far as i can tell the schedule on the gdq website gets wiped once the next schedule happens

Previously you could use https://new.gdqvods.com/ to look up an event; by default they list the vods in order. It would be nice if GDQ themselves also archived it though.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
Did Larian drop a big donation? I know they probably ponied up a fair amount as a sponsor but that game was so huge, they got a prime spot to advertise it & an awesome run, I was almost expecting something stupid like $250k

Shardy
Jun 21, 2000
I'm a sticky snake!
https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/events/

Bids > "Back to Main Index" button (bottom of page) > Select another Event

Might be a little easier to find between events, can't remember though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well that helps a bit, maybe it'll get people donating more

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
There's the sponsor donation

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

bus hustler posted:

Did Larian drop a big donation?

Aaaaand there it is.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

2.3m is possible now for sure

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Loving this couch and runner energy so far.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Agrias120 posted:

Loving this couch and runner energy so far.

i agree but i have the feeling we arent going to hear much from them here on out. seems like its donation reading o'clock

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Not having the cutscenes speeds the run up but it means we miss a lot of the "Saturday Morning Cartoon" vibe that is FF5's story.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Countblanc posted:

i agree but i have the feeling we arent going to hear much from them here on out. seems like its donation reading o'clock

Yeah...

There's a long way to go on that incentive still so I feel like it's going to turn into a huge amount of 'c'mon guys we can do THIS! we have a donation from...' instead of talking about the run.

Which is fine, it's a fundraiser and all, still tho.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

the last run of the marathon is always like this. it's fine, the charity number going up is good

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i still doubt it gets met

like, if it gets to 2.4 million you'll see a huge rush to 2.5, but i don't even think it makes it to 2.4

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

There's still 90 minutes, doesn't seem that far off. And they can always stall at the end.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

don't admit things about your wedding on the internet that you can't take back

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
And now we throw money at all our problems

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cernunnos posted:

And now we throw money at all our problems

weird my problems are all still problems and i feel empty inside

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Shardy posted:

https://gamesdonequick.com/tracker/events/

Bids > "Back to Main Index" button (bottom of page) > Select another Event

Might be a little easier to find between events, can't remember though.

Nemo2342 posted:

Previously you could use https://new.gdqvods.com/ to look up an event; by default they list the vods in order. It would be nice if GDQ themselves also archived it though.

yeah i'm familiar with both of those, but it'd be nice to have the real nice official schedule on the actual website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I forgot this song was sick.