Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
As one of those dangerous fake girls who are ruining women's sports, I have some few human rights that are hanging by a thread atm so forgive me a bit of anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I do think Trump going on about how he personally killed Roe v Wade will hurt him since the GOP as a whole really wants to keep running with that football.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

emSparkly posted:

As one of those dangerous fake girls who are ruining women's sports, I have some few human rights that are hanging by a thread atm so forgive me a bit of anxiety.

Don't worry, just melt down those hundreds (thousands?) of gold trophies you've easily won and move to a better country. That's a thing you can do, right?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

You don't have the change the oil on electric cars? That's wild.

Oil in cars exists in 3 places. The engine (not in an EV). The transmission (not in modern EV's with direct motor drive). The differentials (only in EV's without a motor on each drive wheel).

The engine is the thing you change oil in regularly. Transmission oil is only changed every 75k to 150k miles depending on manufacturer and design. Differential oil is never touched by most people, although should in theory be changed at fairly high mileage/time intervals.

So yea, a modern EV basically doesn't have any "oil", only bearing lubricants on the axles probably.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

More like an internal cum butt-stion engine am I right?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Any Republican has a better than 50% chance at winning the presidency because the whole stupid Electoral College system favors the Republican Party. You should be afraid Trump could win again, because we now know that losing the popular vote by 2.8 million equals an EC win and losing by 7 million equals a loss and the tipping point is somewhere in between.

Could Trump lose by 5 million votes and still win? 6 million? Who knows! They say Biden actually won by 40,000 votes in AZ, WI, and GA, does that mean Trump could win with a 6,959,999 popular vote deficit? Who knows!

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Donald Trump can lick my balls.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Sorry but there's a real chance that Trump wins the white house. Anyone calling that doomerism is just sticking their head in the sand

Oh I know it's still very much possible I just could do with a lot less "Trump is definitely going to win" poo poo. It gets really loving tiring and I could really use people around me right now who don't act like all there is for the future is an inevitable slide into some kind of nazi hellscape before climate change kills us all.

There's so, so goddamn much of it. Just this relentless attitude of "Things are terrible and can only get worse. LOL. Isn't that funny?"

It's not.

It's not loving funny. It hurts and it's just dragging everyone else down too and goddamnit I am so loving tired.

Nothing is ever going to get better if all we ever do is sit around talking about how poo poo everything is.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Captain Fargle posted:

Oh I know it's still very much possible I just could do with a lot less "Trump is definitely going to win" poo poo. It gets really loving tiring and I could really use people around me right now who don't act like all there is for the future is an inevitable slide into some kind of nazi hellscape before climate change kills us all.

There's so, so goddamn much of it. Just this relentless attitude of "Things are terrible and can only get worse. LOL. Isn't that funny?"

It's not.

It's not loving funny. It hurts and it's just dragging everyone else down too and goddamnit I am so loving tired.

Nothing is ever going to get better if all we ever do is sit around talking about how poo poo everything is.

it depends. alot of it is news media trying make it a giant horse when a ton of americans still dont think trump will be the nom and even more arnt paying attention. part of it is also weird uber terminal online lefty types and terminal online chud type poo poo.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

QuarkJets posted:

Sorry but there's a real chance that Trump wins the white house. Anyone calling that doomerism is just sticking their head in the sand

Saying Trump has a chance, even a 'real one' is not doomerism. Acting like his win is inevitable and how all one can do is laugh as everything burns is.

People talk about how part of the alt right came from the likes of 4chan who irony poisoned themselves into actually being racists and nazis because they just kept repeating the same poo poo over and over and BE CAREFUL WHO YOU PRETEND TO BE, and unfortunately, that's not limited to places like 4Chan. You can see traces of it in this very thread. That's why people need to give hard pokes and go "Enough with the nihilism, it's not a one size fits all joke, hell it's actually a very 'precise' joke, so learn timing instead of spamming.'

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it depends. alot of it is news media trying make it a giant horse when a ton of americans still dont think trump will be the nom and even more arnt paying attention. part of it is also weird uber terminal online lefty types and terminal online chud type poo poo.

I remember in the lead up to the 2004 election some article saying "There are three kinds of people in the States now. Ones who think Bush is Satan, ones who think Kerry is Pinocchio, and ones who don't care, they just want to know the latest gossip about Brad and Jennifer or whatever was the way too much attention couple at the time." I suspect in 2024, there's still a large amount of the third, but also a larger amount that can reached one way or another.

But yeah, the media wants attention, and will do anything to get it, so, perhaps they present you information, but it might not be anywhere close to what they say it is.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm going to google the price of a Ford Mach-E and if it's over $75,000 then 3O is getting a 6er for the rest of the night

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Okay you win this time Three Olives

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

priznat posted:

Star Wars is actually for children

We're all somebody's children.

The French Army posted:

I am a turbo Warhammer nerd and have seen this from the inside. Hardliner chud dickheads are trying to keep newcomers out in order to prevemt the "tainting of their fandom". To this I said what would have happened if the old guard 20 years ago had kicked you out? What would have happened to all of your good sci fi fascism times if those greybeards didn't let you in? Without new blood any community will die, which means it becomes the duty of veterans to introduce newbs and make sure they have a good time.

I suspect too many of them would just ignore the question, and if you forced them to answer truthfully, the answer would be something like "Well they didn't, and I don't care, this is MINE and if it dies, I don't care, because it's MINE, KEEP OUT." They'd rather cuddle a corpse than share...something, I couldn't think of a good analogy.

Ah, I know. They're basically Skaven. Except even stupider.

Cornwind Evil fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 21, 2024

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Do you remember that scene in Billy Madison where the kid pees his pants so Adam Sandler covers for him and splashes water on his pants so it looks like he did it too? Then, tells the other kids that everyone his age pees their pants because it's the coolest. So, then all of the other kids start pissing their pants too?

That's what would happen with chuds if Trump diarrhea dumped himself live on stage during a rally.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Captain Fargle posted:

It's not.

Yeah, I very much believe Trump has a pretty good chance of winning, but I hate the idea that it's inevitable or that we deserve it. It's terrifying enough that every fourth year of the rest of our lives is going to be an existential struggle against a nightmarish enemy. We don't need to be reminded every day that the worst can come to pass.

Besides, I was also convinced in January of 2021 that no major legislation would pass, we'd still be in Afghanistan, and 2022 would be another 2010. Nothing is inevitable. We hosed the fuckers before, and survived them when we couldn't. Don't let the bastards grind you down. I don't have many non-CHUDS in my life, so lord knows I need y'all.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Remy Marathe posted:

Donald Trump can lick my balls.

Bills. Bulls. Bowls. Why is Trump telling us a story about having a dog lick his bowls clean, right after telling us he aced his cognitive tests?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-poll-raises-alarm-bells-texas-election-1862204

Don't....don't give me hope.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

emSparkly posted:

:same: And so's my wife. Hypervigilance sucks to start with, and the existential dread of a potential cleansing by Trump makes for a ton of dread. Rational or not.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

nine-gear crow posted:

I think more and more fandoms are also finally starting to have reckonings with the right-wing shitbags that have infiltrated their spaces since 2014/2016 like the furries did earlier this decade. Star Wars, for example, is currently undergoing a widespread internal movement to maybe finally flush all the loving misogynists and incels out to sea after the biggest Star Wars YouTuber had some chud psychologist on his show and she went "Women don't like Star Wars, it's not a space for girls, there should be fewer women in Star Wars, not more" and he nodded along and went "Yep, keeping women out of my sacred space wizard cartoon is Priority 1", and so now female and non-incel male Star Wars fans are rising up and going "gently caress you, you gatekeeping weirdo(s), Star Wars if for everyone" in a way that hasn't really been seen before.

Do you have a link with further information?

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

I think we've seen this same polling thing before with McConnell and other safe staters. They're not particularly well liked so the polls are roughly even in the low 40's at first, but things go about how you'd expect them too later in the year when people start falling in line.

Would be funny as hell to see Cruz lose though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

With all the CRIMES, is it safe to say that Trump is the most corrupt president in US history (more than Nixon) and most immoral president in US History (Kennedy, Clinton insert other presidents who people considered at one point immoral)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

most immoral president in US History (Kennedy, Clinton insert other presidents who people considered at one point immoral)

The US has had presidents that owned other human beings.

Jackson gets points for the Trail of Tears, but really it's just monsters all the way down the line.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 21, 2024

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The US has had presidents that owned other human beings.

Also one that nuked a couple of cites.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

redshirt posted:

New Nikki Haley NH ad says she's gonna fix the economy. And finally close the border.

she say which border?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Renreeja posted:

whats trump got going for him this time?

Mostly the same thing he had going for him in 2016 and 2020: the country is full of very stupid people.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Depends how you define immoral.
Trump openly does things that society at large considers immoral at the time he is doing/did them. Yeah, he's never owned a slave but that's more lack of opportunity than lack of will, and the presidents who did own slaves did so at a time when it was seen as morally acceptable.

Trump is probably not the most immoral president by the standards of applying moral values retroactively - which you should, mind - but I'm pretty sure he's easily the most immoral president when assessed by the moral norms of their period.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Trump had the choice of admitting he was wrong or letting hundreds of thousands Americans sicken and die. He chose the latter. I don't even know how to begin rating that on a moral scale.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

BigHead posted:

Even if he's elected he only gets four years, and the other two branches of government did their job to keep him in check last time. He can do a lot of horrible damage but it's finite and changeable.

That's the best I got for assuaging your fears sorry.

the judges he appoints will be loving the country the rest of our lives

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

BigHead posted:

Even if he's elected he only gets four years, and the other two branches of government did their job to keep him in check last time. He can do a lot of horrible damage but it's finite and changeable.

That's the best I got for assuaging your fears sorry.

they barely did, and round two he will have the ones he appointed already there and make it faster.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

ford mâché

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

BlackIronHeart posted:

Trump had the choice of admitting he was wrong or letting hundreds of thousands Americans sicken and die. He chose the latter. I don't even know how to begin rating that on a moral scale.

To be fair, so did Reagan. The handling of COVID-19 and of HIV/AIDS are almost 1:1.
"You remember that time the president tried to weaponize a deadly pathogen against his political enemies?"
"Which one?"
"The one that had a simple and nearly 100% effective prophylactic that people chose not to use because of political reasons."
"Which one?"
"The one that Dr. Fauci played a role in botching the response to."
"Which one?"
"The one in the 2020s, not the 80s."
"Ahh."

But yeah. It's a tough contest to say who was the most evil president but I really don't think any president openly falls short of then-contemporary societal and moral norms the way Trump does. Like that's entirely his appeal. The whole reason Trump is a thing is because he's willing to do publicly and openly the thing other Republicans only do implicitly and via dog whistles.

Every president and presidential candidate is evil, but only Trump is truly openly evil, and that's really appealing to other evil people.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Okay but can we agree Trump is our dumbest President?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

What about presidents who were ok with doing things that were obviously evil under contemporary social and moral norms, but kept them secret (or tried to)? The covert interventions in the developing world authorized by Eisenhower, JFK, and Johnson were more or less directly responsible for millions of deaths and the destitution of many more, it just wasn't openly known until 25 or 50 years after the fact. Reagan and Bush's involvement in Central America is one of the root causes for instability in that region to this day, and that was only significant because they got caught after being directly told by Congress to stop.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

APAB

All Presidents Are Bastards

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

What about presidents who were ok with doing things that were obviously evil under contemporary social and moral norms, but kept them secret (or tried to)? The covert interventions in the developing world authorized by Eisenhower, JFK, and Johnson were more or less directly responsible for millions of deaths and the destitution of many more, it just wasn't openly known until 25 or 50 years after the fact. Reagan and Bush's involvement in Central America is one of the root causes for instability in that region to this day, and that was only significant because they got caught after being directly told by Congress to stop.

Not to mention Nixon-Kissinger sabotaging Johnson's Peace Talks with Vietnam and dropping multiple world wars' worth of bombs on Cambodia and Laos. The body count of their actions is still increasing to this day.

On the bright side, this is your daily reminder that Kissinger is dead.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Asterite34 posted:

Okay but can we agree Trump is our dumbest President?

The guy is an amazing genius at conning people.
Like it might not be a thing you can test on a piece of paper but he is the Michael Jordon of Grifting

I say this because I know that there are bunch of presidents that nobody knows about who would probably might just be 1 bad gene away from being inbred in affluence, or at their core is just the dumbest mother fucker but was hidden by really skilled rhetoric.

And I Don't know enough about that pre-civil ware president who was a big loving screw up.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

APAB

All Presidents Are Bastards
APAB

Also people were really dumb
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/i4TICZ67Ws4

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 21, 2024

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

bobjr posted:

I do think Trump going on about how he personally killed Roe v Wade will hurt him since the GOP as a whole really wants to keep running with that football.

Seems doubtful, at least not in areas it would matter

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Seems doubtful, at least not in areas it would matter

Overturning Roe v Wade turned out to be unpopular in Kansas and Ohio. It’d be nice if Dems could make the case, “when you elect Republicans, things like this happen.” And Trump having sound bites out there literally bragging about how HE overturned Roe v Wade should be a layup.

Trump supposedly wants a female VP because he feels he lost ground with suburban women in 2020, but Roe v Wade repeal is broadly unpopular with more than just urban/suburban women, it’s unpopular with a decent chunk of rural women as well.

If it turns off voters in KS and OH, then it sure as poo poo can move the needle in AZ, WI and GA.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

And to think we vote for these guys out of some sense of harm reduction. There are people all over the world who want us dead because we exist as Americans and they might have a point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
Post itt every time you lol that trump is going to be president in 2024