Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonSays
Aug 4, 2006

Simon is the monkey's name
If I felt like I needed to "lighten" my coffee, I would simply drink better coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SimonSays posted:

If I felt like I needed to "lighten" my coffee, I would simply drink better coffee

I love that for you!

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

Megabound posted:

Strange about oat milk, have you tried a barista branded one? I use this in a macchiato all the time and have no issue with splitting:

Oat milk is the GOAT alternative milk cause it tastes better than regular milk in coffee.

yeah I picked up the Chobani barista oat milk and at least when I’ve heated it and done some minor frothing it still seems to break. I may be overheating it before adding it to the coffee, or the lighter roasts I’m using may just be too acidic.

I’ll get around to trying some darker roasts and see how things go. It could be that one of the other barista oat milks will work better, too.

oh no I get to drink more coffee :ohdear:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Megabound posted:

milk in coffee

absolutely not

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
milk, cream, creamer, hot cocoa mix, bourbon. Who gives a poo poo. drink it how u like it.

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

SimonSays posted:

this is like saying both “don’t drink cocktails, simply only drink top shelf liquor neat”. where by “like” I mean “equally loving goony and stupid”

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
there was a time that i really loved adding a small twist of orange peel to my cortados, too. i dare anyone to try it and say it's not kind of a lovely little thing

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

lousy hat posted:

yeah I picked up the Chobani barista oat milk and at least when I’ve heated it and done some minor frothing it still seems to break. I may be overheating it before adding it to the coffee, or the lighter roasts I’m using may just be too acidic.

I’ll get around to trying some darker roasts and see how things go. It could be that one of the other barista oat milks will work better, too.

oh no I get to drink more coffee :ohdear:

I've never tried the Chobani but I have tried a few and the So Good has been the best to me.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
trip report: carefully monitored milk temp while I heated it, still broke when I poured it in.

second cup, did everything the same but I put in maybe 1/16th of a teaspoon of baking soda. I’d been using light roast central american bean. it foamed quite a bit, but the oat milk didn’t break when I poured it in.

obviously the better answer is to get better-suited beans but I’ve got a bunch to get through for now

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Chris Knight posted:

I see some fresh brew
and I want to drink to black
no cow or soy for me
I want to drink it black

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

everything got all hosed up this morning and idk what the coffee sitch is gonna be

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
hopefully the coffee maker at the office is working correctly today

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

i got a drip! in the basement! above the furnace! i discovered it late last night!

you bet i'm having a lot of drip (coffee) this morning

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

sorry the above post is a lie to make the drip quip work, i'm actually having an aeropress

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I just finished a coffee. my head still hurts

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

smokin'!!!

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
my wife got me a roaster for xmas and i finally used it to roast up some costa rican beans; fresh roasted coffee is so choice

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
having coffee at work before lunch

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
would you look at that. its time to drink coffee

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had coffee this morning!!

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
having coffee right now

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm having coffee

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
doing laundry with the forbidden after 7 bean

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

used my grinder to grind cumin yesterday and didn't clean it out well enough this morning so my cuppa tastes a little smokier and more fragrant than usual

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had coffee today

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Corla Plankun posted:

used my grinder to grind cumin yesterday and didn't clean it out well enough this morning so my cuppa tastes a little smokier and more fragrant than usual

is it good

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Corla Plankun posted:

I tend to prefer creamer but you do you if you like cumin coffee

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the espresso machine i got my gf is real good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
a truly thoughtful gift, imo

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s a rancilio silvia and it looks really good on the countertop as well

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it also means any time you want to get her a gift, you can just buy her more espresso accessories for you to use with the machine

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
the pepe silvia classico

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

it's better than I expected but not great, I was just too lazy to clean it with soap and dry it out and paid the price

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

this is in Soho right?

just working my way through a big cafetière. Good start to Sunday

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Jonny 290 posted:

milk, cream, creamer, hot cocoa mix, bourbon. Who gives a poo poo. drink it how u like it.

being obnoxiously holier tha. thou about dumb poo poo like food opinions that aren’t regarding ketchup on hotdogs is a goon tradition

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bump_fn posted:

being obnoxiously holier tha. thou about dumb poo poo like food opinions that aren’t regarding ketchup on hotdogs is a goon tradition

I disagree.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
all beans are beautiful

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Megabound posted:

I'm having coffee

that's a nice-looking cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

having the extremely forbidden 10pm coffee on a work night. hail satan.