Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wow they actually got past the starting line with qwop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

AlternateNu posted:

Puxweil's Chrono Trigger run was still a loving masterclass.

Lol was that the one where it was him and one person on couch just being super chill and nonchalant while the crowd was EXPLODING

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

with this in mind, what are the best GDQ endings? The Chrono Trigger endings were good, I remember Earthbound being really great and Undertale was one too, right?

undertale was especially memorable to help recover after The Incident, but i'm still a big fan of chrono trigger due to puwexil being such a class act and the huge energy that was in the crowd then

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Give me your money

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I think this may be the best GDQ ever. This was an awesome run to end on, and the production all event long was amazing.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zurai posted:

I think this may be the best GDQ ever. This was an awesome run to end on, and the production all event long was amazing.

absolutely an all timer for me; even thought there weren't a ton of big runs i was interested in for the last few days, there were still a ton of incredible runs early in the marathon and the whole thing was organized so drat well

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

KKKLIP ART posted:

with this in mind, what are the best GDQ endings? The Chrono Trigger endings were good, I remember Earthbound being really great and Undertale was one too, right?

undertale and chrono trigger are high up there

smrpg is still my pick just because it and its end credits are perfect as a wrap-up for an event like this, even though they snuck a surprise sm64 run in as a bonus afterward.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Vermain posted:

undertale was especially memorable to help recover after The Incident, but i'm still a big fan of chrono trigger due to puwexil being such a class act and the huge energy that was in the crowd then

My GDQ lore isnt great, what was The Incident?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

site posted:

Lol was that the one where it was him and one person on couch just being super chill and nonchalant while the crowd was EXPLODING

puwexil has done that twice iirc. chill is his only speed.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

super metroid race immediately before where people were doing the waluigi "waaahs" in the crowd and someone got on the couch with a mic and told them to go get hit by a bus. just the most rear end in a top hat-clenching moment possible that got saved by the undertale runner being such a gem

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

puwexil has done that twice iirc. chill is his only speed.

He's a great runner of basically anything he runs.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

KKKLIP ART posted:

i think that was the same gdq where idiots passed around maga hats and later on one of their friends told people to jump in front of a bus

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lol this poor runner's brain is spaghetti by now, i can't imagine how exhausting a run like this must be on top of the adrenaline from having nearly KOed your run

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Vermain posted:

super metroid race immediately before where people were doing the waluigi "waaahs" in the crowd and someone got on the couch with a mic and told them to go get hit by a bus. just the most rear end in a top hat-clenching moment possible that got saved by the undertale runner being such a gem

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i think that was the same gdq where idiots passed around maga hats and later on one of their friends told people to jump in front of a bus

That's right. I remember the Super Metroid one now but didn't know about the MAGA hats.

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
I missed most of this run, came in right at Antlion. How is it Krile takes no damage from most attacks?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

KKKLIP ART posted:

That's right. I remember the Super Metroid one now but didn't know about the MAGA hats.

maga hats was during the very first run and those three all got kicked out. the other guy was a friend of theirs so real big shock that he also sucked.

on a related note, one of the maga idiots later outed rwhitegoose as a neo nazi, they were the one that leaked the discord logs. a beautiful case of letting stupid fight stupid.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm awake to see the finale, looks like FFV had some shenanigans earlier.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TeaJay posted:

buddy,

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

61k viewers holy moley

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TeaJay posted:

We have such sights to show you.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

OMEGA GET hosed

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

what a truly legendary run, hats off to that guy for keeping his cool for loving three hours

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
And that is game. gently caress yeah.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Perfect end to probably the best gdq in years.

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls
I'm not interested in FF5, so I went to catch up on the Awful Block and managed to come back right at antlion. This has been gripping and a phenomenal ending to a great event. Everyone killed it from the runners to hosting and tech. Really looking forward to the next one!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TeaJay posted:

you need to watch the vod asap

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I missed so much stuff this event anyway, but I'm looking forward to catching up.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

is uyama gonna give us a goooooooooooal, i know he's not the head honcho anymore but

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

TeaJay posted:

FFV is ALL shenanigans

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

so loving good

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Vermain posted:

what a truly legendary run, hats off to that guy for keeping his cool for loving three hours

i genuinely can't believe he was able to be that composed during the closing run of the marathon as it looked so totally hopeless.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
The Undertale finale is going to be my GDQ finale of all time, forever, with Chrono Trigger as a close runner-up, but this is probably an easy third place. That antlion was the true hero of FFV.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

YorexTheMad posted:

I missed most of this run, came in right at Antlion. How is it Krile takes no damage from most attacks?

Guard reduces physical damage to 0, and Cover lets the Knight (Krile in this case) take hits for people on low HP. It's extremely useful on low-level runs, especially in FF5 when you can forcibly Berserk a lot of bosses.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

that's a bold loving way to end the marathon but i'm glad as hell they did it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hell yea, a call to action for palestine

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Yoooooo. Gaza callout.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006