Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

At least that's better than the finance bros who's "advice" is doing illegal poo poo or the entire advice is just become hyper leveraged on a piece of property.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Nenonen posted:

The Finnish word for money raha literally means a fur pelt, although the etymology comes from a Germanic loan word and is lost from current use. Especially squirrel pelts were used as money in the ancient times. Ten pelts were tikkuri and four tikkuris or 40 pelts were kiihtelys.

In northern Finland the willow grouse (riekko) was also known as rahalintu or money bird because its feathers were similarly used as units of barter.

Finland is a World of Warcraft-rear end country, it seems. Imma go out and murder ten pigeons to buy a new hammer to hammer pigeons with.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I've eaten squirrel several times and it's just meat. Doesn't taste great on its own but I've had delicious squirrel chili and some fine breaded and fried squirrel nugs. It's just meat. You're only getting tiny bits off the squirrel so that limits your options.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gonna start hunting all of the animals in my neighborhood for their pelts

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-sfrec7c9o

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I've eaten squirrel several times and it's just meat. Doesn't taste great on its own but I've had delicious squirrel chili and some fine breaded and fried squirrel nugs. It's just meat. You're only getting tiny bits off the squirrel so that limits your options.

I've found the most efficient way to eat squirrel is to braise them and make a stew, with the whole carcass in quarters. Then just shred it off the bones when its cooked enough. I have a hard time getting enough meat off them any other way.

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

muscles like this! posted:

At least that's better than the finance bros who's "advice" is ... just become hyper leveraged on a piece of property.

Rich Dad Poor Dad? Man, gently caress that guy :jerkbag:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

null_pointer posted:

Rich Dad Poor Dad? Man, gently caress that guy :jerkbag:

He was probably the genesis of it, but there's a whole genre of TikTok videos of people giving financial advice that boils down to poo poo like "Take out a gigantic loan to buy property then take out more loans to pay off the loans you've already taken! Its free money!"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Repeat until you’re dead and it becomes someone else’s problem!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

:aaaaa:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

more KITHposting pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ves445x6to

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Heath posted:

Hell yeah Toobin'

HawkHill
Aug 15, 2015

Like it.

And if we can stand one more -- "I can only count to four" -- The Muppet Version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ccGjar4Es

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Been staring us in the face the whole time

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I've found the most efficient way to eat squirrel is to braise them and make a stew, with the whole carcass in quarters. Then just shred it off the bones when its cooked enough. I have a hard time getting enough meat off them any other way.

I just eat meat from the store with my wife in our bed

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

a sexual elk posted:

I just eat meat from the store with my wife in our bed

What kind of weird store do you shop at to get braised squirrel quarters?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

sleepy gary posted:

What kind of weird store do you shop at to get braised squirrel quarters?

We just buy it from the Meat Man who rings our door, even though he really looks like Warren Buffet with a mustache

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

davidspackage posted:

We just buy it from the Meat Man who rings our door, even though he really looks like Warren Buffet with a mustache

I wish we had a meat man that came to our door. We have a fish man but he's often out of fish by the time he gets to us.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I'm getting this as a tramp stamp

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Aramoro posted:

I wish we had a meat man that came to our door. We have a fish man but he's often out of fish by the time he gets to us.

Why does he still ring your doorbell if he's out of fish

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

davidspackage posted:

The Meat Man?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nMqY5cVu7c

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The time cost involved in separating a squirrel carcass from its value is greater than the amount you could possibly make from it. You wouldnt walk past 5 bucks because it costs nothing to pick it up. But it costs 15 bucks in labour to prep a squirrel for sale so by walking past it you're saving 10 bucks.

Cannot believe that a billionaire would forget about labour coats.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Drone_Fragger posted:

What about opportunity coats?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

The time cost involved in separating a squirrel carcass from its value is greater than the amount you could possibly make from it. You wouldnt walk past 5 bucks because it costs nothing to pick it up. But it costs 15 bucks in labour to prep a squirrel for sale so by walking past it you're saving 10 bucks.

he has enrique separate his squirrel carcasses for him

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Amphigory posted:

He buys and sells fish, duh. Haven't you ever played video games?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Drone_Fragger posted:

Really now

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Forget the Oracle of Omaha, he's the Sage of Squirrel Carcases

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
"Warren Buffet" should be eating rabbits when you think about it though.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Amphigory posted:

In case I want to order fish for next week.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

davidspackage posted:

Well in my case the meat man was in the neighborhood and some squirrel deliveries fell through and he had a couple cases that he would have had to throw out if I hadn't been there to take em for a discount. Hate to see it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

People still getting their meat from the meat man like it's the 1950s, just go to the store and get the especiales like a normal person

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

davidspackage posted:

No way, he looks like this

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/gCcGaAY.mp4

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Love to be sponsored by, uh, "Software"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
an eating squirrel:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ante posted:

Love to be sponsored by, uh, "Software"

It's S Software. The S stands for software.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Empty Sandwich posted:

an eating squirrel:

Gah, a giant squirrel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dXFS6piv58

Basically the same sketch