Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

miasmacloud
Oct 10, 2007

(u‿ฺu✿ฺ)

Junpei posted:

Honestly it sounds like some of you just dont like Persona at all at this point
I like Adachi. I hope he gets a cameo in P3 Reload. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

Honestly it sounds like some of you just dont like Persona at all at this point
i like plenty of aspects of persona and think it could be and has been good so i am sad it is not

criticizing something doesnt mean you think its valueless

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
fair enough!

anyway when Metaphor comes out if there are romance options I'm smooching Hulkenberg

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Persona Non Grata (Persona Not Wanted)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.powerpyx.com/persona-3-reload-trophy-list-revealed/

P3R's trophy list dropped. Some interesting new info can be gleaned: there's references to rescuing missing persons, "Dark Spots" you can encounter in Tartarus, as well as "Twilight Fragments" you can use.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junpei posted:

https://www.powerpyx.com/persona-3-reload-trophy-list-revealed/

P3R's trophy list dropped. Some interesting new info can be gleaned: there's references to rescuing missing persons, "Dark Spots" you can encounter in Tartarus, as well as "Twilight Fragments" you can use.

The first two are from previous versions of the game. People would wander into Tartarus and you had to rescue them by the next full moon or they died. A couple of Social Links would have this happen and could be permanently lost. Dark Spots are floors which are blacked out so it is harder to navigate. Twilight Fragments are a new thing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Maybe Jose will show up and we'll get more Jose lore

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ytlaya posted:

Maybe Jose will show up and we'll get more Jose lore

I doubt it, but Jose is a good boy so here's hoping

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

ImpAtom posted:

The first two are from previous versions of the game. People would wander into Tartarus and you had to rescue them by the next full moon or they died. A couple of Social Links would have this happen and could be permanently lost. Dark Spots are floors which are blacked out so it is harder to navigate. Twilight Fragments are a new thing.

thanks I blanked on those sorry

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Were they ever officially called Dark Spots? I know the 'dark floors' existed but I don't know if there was ever a canon name to them.

Gonna be most interested in the level up list for each character, I know the game will be 'easier' by virtue of all the QoLs, but still.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Did they get rid of the awful quests that required you to talk to a part member on a specific day for an item

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Zokari posted:

yeah like 90% of this thread is complaining about persona games

The flaws of the Persona games are what keep people talking all these years later.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Zokari posted:

yeah like 90% of this thread is complaining about persona games

That's every thread

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here is the PV Last Surprise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1kZsFVwp-0

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hey guess what!!

https://twitter.com/dankmemebunny/status/1748853281399484469

Christ!!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Which dev in Atlus has an physical abuse fetish?!!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I feel like that had to be an animation test or something, it’s just too absurd

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonna find out in an even earlier build the gang just pulls their guns and start blasting him.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hey at least now we can say every game had, at some point, a guy punching another guy, I think? P4 had Yosuke and MC punching each other at SL10.

I don't think it's ever shown on-screen in P3 but Akihiko is a boxer, so it's probably a given.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you can have akihiko attack the strega guys if you want

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the 2011 build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpYdEjvAg3k

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Can't believe they ditched the fight club side content

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In the 2010 build Ann throws Ryuji off the 16-foot Hell In A Cell through the announcer's table.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Being ryuji really is suffering

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
Can't believe there's wanton sadism and slapstick in my insanely Japanese game set in modern Japan.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

I don't think it's ever shown on-screen in P3 but Akihiko is a boxer, so it's probably a given.

shinjiro headbutts a guy if that counts

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I for one am shocked a bunch of teenagers are largely horrible to each other

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frytechnician posted:

Can't believe there's wanton sadism and slapstick in my insanely Japanese game set in modern Japan.
i understand the concept of slapstick that scene is just an incredibly terrible execution of it

DeathChicken posted:

I for one am shocked a bunch of teenagers are largely horrible to each other
i understand the concept of writing teenagers who believably needle and get mad at each other that scene is just an incredibly terrible execution of it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like i said earlier my favorite scene in tales of vesperia, a game i am somewhat mixed on but generally think has a really good group dynamic, is basically the exact same scene, its just actually written well

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Of course the comments are filled with people that don't get the issue. Aside from obvious troll posts, that is.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
On P5:

Should I hyper focus on certain relationships or can I spread them out?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

virinvictus posted:

On P5:

Definitely want to do kawakami’s early because of her bonus that lets you do more on nights where you’d otherwise have to rest

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Keeping people relatively even is advisable if you want to max everyone, but there's definitely things you should prioritize anyway. Fortune Rank 5 and Temperance Rank 10 are pretty essential, for instance. There's also Confidants that stop being available before the end of the game (like Sun, which is usually only available on Sundays and ends in November, plus Justice and Councillor, which stop being available at the same time).

It's not like, that hard to max everyone, but I'm saying that with several playthroughs of experience and knowing what basically every activity in the game will do to raise social stats.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

I mean, what this actually proves is that there was an influential person on the team who saw that scene and went "Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with you people?!" So they toned it down, and then that was still too extreme so they toned it down again. By which point it seemed so much milder by contrast that it was deemed acceptable. So if anything, it's kind of reassuring that this opposing force exists?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

virinvictus posted:

On P5:

There are definitely ways to optimize social linking, but I honestly wouldn't stress out too much about it, go for your faves and whenever you finish one and/or get roadblocked you can just pivot to someone else who's available.

There's a relative time limit on a few SLs (I think Justice, Faith, Councillor and Sun have earlier cutoffs), but if it's your first blind playthrough you're probably not max ranking everyone anyway.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maL1PDVsGpo
haha someone at the marketing department decided they needed to make a trailer specifically for america

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

cock hero flux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maL1PDVsGpo
haha someone at the marketing department decided they needed to make a trailer specifically for america

lmao this rules

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

I mean, what this actually proves is that there was an influential person on the team who saw that scene and went "Jesus Christ, what the hell is wrong with you people?!" So they toned it down, and then that was still too extreme so they toned it down again. By which point it seemed so much milder by contrast that it was deemed acceptable. So if anything, it's kind of reassuring that this opposing force exists?
i mean alternatively someone higher up on the team really wanted this scene and everyone kept telling them it was weird

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am pretty sure the intent of the Ryuji scene was that it was supposed to be like older comedy anime where someone yells Baka and hits a character really hard and then there's a cartoon bump on their head/they turn into a twinkle in the sky/etc, but Persona is just a hair too realistic for that to work the same way as it does in Ranma or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its also kind of a matter of timing. most scenes like that happen in goofy situations but the p5 scene happens in a high stakes situation. like in one piece, nami beats luffy up when he does something stupid in a comedy situation, she doesnt beat him up after he risks his life to save her from arlong.