Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Watching Spring Breakers with friends who had no idea what it was going to be and a pretty full theater that mostly had no idea what it was going to be was an amazing experience. My friends were fairly shocked, but over all glad they saw it. I saw a lot of other people walk out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
It’s a cliche but literally every Jackass movie I’ve seen in theaters has been an incredibly memorable experience, blasts all around. Also Pineapple Express on opening night was good, or any classic (first 2 dozen or so) Warren Miller was a solid vibe if you have just the right crowd, which are generally the exact fools who show up to a live Warren Miller screening in the first place

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah Jackass 1 and 2 were both truly epic college audience experiences. Hell even American Pie 2 in a packed theater was a great experience.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Thanks for the recs, I'll look through them. I've had this knot/back/shoulder/pec pain for the last year and the consensus is I hosed something up in that area. It's been awful since at it's worst I feel it in my chest and since it's all on my left I've gone in to the ER a few times thinking I'm having a heart issue only to be told that it's muscular. I need to call the PT folks too but I'll do a lot for a little extra relief or at least something that feels good.

do you get pins and needles / numbness in your hand because I managed to get a nerve in my neck impinged or w/e they called it, and it drove me loving insane for two months, seriously I couldn't do poo poo, even drive let alone pushups and riding a bike. I'm about 90% now and they only thing that worked besides painkillers was a acupressure mat.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Fat Jesus posted:

do you get pins and needles / numbness in your hand because I managed to get a nerve in my neck impinged or w/e they called it, and it drove me loving insane for two months, seriously I couldn't do poo poo, even drive let alone pushups and riding a bike. I'm about 90% now and they only thing that worked besides painkillers was a acupressure mat.

Sometimes but it's usually because I lean hard to my left when sitting. I also sleep mostly on my left side, carry all my bags on my left side, have a weirdly pointed left foot and walk kind of funny due to a childhood injury. It's all incredibly frustrating. I can still lift when I work out and do push ups but after it can feel like I over stretched something.

On movies the last one I saw in theaters was Batman vs Superman and we all collectively regretted our choices.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah Jackass 1 and 2 were both truly epic college audience experiences. Hell even American Pie 2 in a packed theater was a great experience.

Snakes on a Plane in theaters was a good time

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
Bad Boys 2 was the most fun I've had in theaters.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

oh pfft back in 1980 or somewhere Apocalypse Now came out and at the time i was going to Big School in Sydney. My new friends gave me this thing called a purple maze and holy christ did the film ever come alive. So ok they gave some yokel from a cattle station lsd for shits and giggles. It was loving awesome.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Just came back from a Distant Worlds Final Fantasy concert. They did the Phantom Train song and had a video playing in the back. When Sabin suplexes the train everyone started hootin and hollerin. Excellent concert.

harperdc posted:

I saw that opening night, and it was a packed theater. People started smoking weed in there, despite this being 2004 and weed still being illegal everywhere. Everyone lost their poo poo at "I've had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane" line. Top theater moment for me.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 21, 2024

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a sexual elk posted:

Finally got around to the newest D&D movie, and I really liked it. The first D&D movie way back when was the only movie I’ve walked out of in the theaters. Prolly helps I started reading the D&D Drizzt books recently at my wife’s request. “You can’t read Star Wars all the time”

Talk about a lateral move

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I saw Hostel in a packed theater on opening night and, even though the movie was kinda bad, the girl I was dating at the time was a blast and the vibes were good in the theater. A memorable experience all around.

The best movie experience I ever had was seeing 22 Jump Street in a packed theater opening weekend with my wife and a couple friends. Just nonstop laughs for 2hrs. I hate copaganda but holy poo poo do I love the Jump Street films.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I cut high school to watch The Ring with my buddy and we both screamed out loud when the horse falls out of the boat

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Talk about a lateral move

You, my good sir, are a lateral move

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I feel like my most memorable movie going experience was seeing The Blair Witch Project. Packed house and tons of screams, it was a ton of fun, but it’s one of those movies that is probably only good once.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
One of my favorite things about living in New York is having so many wonderful independent theater options, I'm sure having to rely on the multiplex experience would have killed my enthusiasm for going to the movies as it has for so many. Nitehawk (a dinner/drinks mold ala Alamo Drafthouse) is my favorite theater I've ever been to.

Best movie-going experience, which is fresh on my mind, would be the month, probably 8-10 years ago now, when Nitehawk did John Carpenter/Kurt Russell flicks as their midnight movies. On three consecutive weekends I saw Escape From New York, Big Trouble in Little China, and The Thing. Big Trouble in Little China was, in particular, probably the most fun I've ever had at the movies. They're doing the series again in February and I already got tickets to see Big Trouble again.

Worst movie-going experience would probably be the first Michael Bay Transformers movie, the only movie I've ever walked out of in actual disgust. I was pretty drunk, and I'd made the mistake of hyping myself up by watching the animated movie right before, so I was getting pretty pissed off at how manifestly terrible was. I made it to when Optimus Prime says "my bad!" before I threw my hands up (literally) and left. I'd been dating my now-wife for a year or two and I had to reimburse her for her ticket.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Air Skwirl posted:

Watching Spring Breakers with friends who had no idea what it was going to be and a pretty full theater that mostly had no idea what it was going to be was an amazing experience. My friends were fairly shocked, but over all glad they saw it. I saw a lot of other people walk out though.

This was a good one as well. My wife and I were the only ones in the theater vibing with the movie and laughing and having a good time. For a long time afterwards we'd randomly say "spring breeeaaaaa-aaaaak."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

a neat cape posted:

I have never laughed harder in my life than seeing the first Jackass movie in a crowded theater. So good.

This but the Borat movie, and with my dad no less.

harperdc posted:

I also did this opening night with some high school buddies. Great experience at the time but I don't think I thought about that movie after leaving the parking lot that night.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The Human Centipede at the Birmingham Film Festival circa 2009 was elite

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Seems to always be one week every winter where it gets really cold. Otherwise we usually hang in the 20s and 30s for a high and teens for the lows.

So far this is shaping up to be the second winter in a row where the average temperature is 15-20, but we never actually spend any time there. We're once again oscillating between miserably cold stretches that then heat up to freezing to dump freezing rain or godawful heavy snow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The first Matrix for me when I was in highschool.

I saw it with my dad. For some reason my mom made him buy me khakis before, so he booked tickets to a theater near an old navy. I did not know what this movie was about, only that the teaser trailer looked cool. I was a pretty sheltered middle class white kid growing up and this theater was not our usual nice, lily white regal experience. We were the only white people in the audience. It was the most fun I'd ever had in a movie. Everyone, ourselves included were screaming at the screen the entire time. We started chanting "bullshit" when Morpheus was captured. So much fun.

Independence day on a friday night premier was incredible. Multiple "USA" chants, cheering, all that poo poo. When they asked "who can even fly this thing?" someone yelled out "THE FRESH PRINCE CAN" which was the funniest moment of my life up to that point.

Snakes on a Plane midnight premier two miles from Georgia Tech. Obviously people screaming the entire time, but like 20 people showed up with multiple bed sheets attached end to end in a bad snake costume. Lots of people throwing rubber snakes.

More recently Everything Everywhere All at Once. I saw it in a little indy theater here in Asheville that only has old couches to sit on. It's a cool environment to see a movie. No one really knew what it was about yet, and you could feel how everyone hanged on every single moment.

Different, but I remember in highschool me and some friends went to see a show of King Arthur which was just a godawful movie. It was a mostly empty theater and we riffed on it the entire time. People came up to us after and said we made the movie watchable.

In retropsect that movie is such a complete disaster that it's worth a watch. All the knights of the round table have their own unique fighting styles that are clearly inspired by the Final Fantasy job system. You've got a monk, a ninja, dragoon, a knight, etc. Keira Knightley is a dark elf rogue.

Madds Mikkelsen plays a loving Samurai and is introduced by the whole "draw a sword surrounded by enemies take them down 1 by 1" trope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNOTYuUhWlI&t=125s

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Braksgirl posted:

Tell me you're single without telling me you're single.
How would you use one of those for a knot on your back? I can't reach back there.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

CannonFodder posted:

How would you use one of those for a knot on your back? I can't reach back there.

A friend of mine has one where the "chuck" can be angled downward or upward, which increases the reach.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWZNT1iAuo0

It has suction action!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Braksgirl posted:

Tell me you're single without telling me you're single.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

I cut high school to watch The Ring with my buddy and we both screamed out loud when the horse falls out of the boat

Bwahahaha exact scene was gonna be my post. I was laughing so hard at how ridiculous it was. Crowded theater and I'm the only one laughing my rear end off.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

FizFashizzle posted:

Different, but I remember in highschool me and some friends went to see a show of King Arthur which was just a godawful movie. It was a mostly empty theater and we riffed on it the entire time. People came up to us after and said we made the movie watchable.

In retropsect that movie is such a complete disaster that it's worth a watch. All the knights of the round table have their own unique fighting styles that are clearly inspired by the Final Fantasy job system. You've got a monk, a ninja, dragoon, a knight, etc. Keira Knightley is a dark elf rogue.

Madds Mikkelsen plays a loving Samurai and is introduced by the whole "draw a sword surrounded by enemies take them down 1 by 1" trope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNOTYuUhWlI&t=125s

ngl you've made this movie sound very cool, at least to the version of me that existed when it was released. No I will not be confirming whether or not it's still cool to present me.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

All I remember is their horses getting goofy armor helmets near the end

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just remembered my high school rented out an entire theater for The Two Towers when it came out opening night. You still had to buy a ticket but it was subsidized. Being in a theater with all your HS friends ruled.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Crescent Wrench posted:

Worst movie-going experience would probably be the first Michael Bay Transformers movie, the only movie I've ever walked out of in actual disgust. I was pretty drunk, and I'd made the mistake of hyping myself up by watching the animated movie right before, so I was getting pretty pissed off at how manifestly terrible was. I made it to when Optimus Prime says "my bad!" before I threw my hands up (literally) and left. I'd been dating my now-wife for a year or two and I had to reimburse her for her ticket.

according to my girlfriend at the time, when Bumblebee, Sam and Mikaela meet up with Prime, Ironhide, Ratchet and Jazz in the alleyway I had the biggest grin on my face. Movie was ok, but good lord when we went to watch 'Revenge Of The Fallen' I developed a massive headache and wanted to leave after 45 minutes. That one absolutely loving sucked

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The first Michael Bay Transformers movie was acceptable. Not even good, just okay. The rest have sucked tremendously.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1749155745512243406?s=20

That picture of Cruz and DeSantis phone-banking for Trump side by side is going to be incredible.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

That picture of Cruz and DeSantis phone-banking for Trump side by side is going to be incredible.

Only two left.

great username
Dec 28, 2023

edit: wrong thread

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Quiet Feet posted:

The first Michael Bay Transformers movie was acceptable. Not even good, just okay. The rest have sucked tremendously.

first was good, second was hot garbage, third was bizarrely coherent, fourth was loving awful, fifth was "you know what, this is preposterous, let's lean all the way into it". 'Bumblebee' was great, and the last one wasn't as good as that but better than the Baystrosities

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LeeMajors posted:

I am guessing some donors told him they were moving to haley and or trump and he was gonna lose anyway so bend the knee and pray you can get the florida GOP to make you chud kingfisher and run for govenor until 2028.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I am guessing some donors told him they were moving to haley and or trump and he was gonna lose anyway so bend the knee and pray you can get the florida GOP to make you chud kingfisher and run for govenor until 2028.

Only one term for Florida governor, right? Dude is a lame duck already.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

LeeMajors posted:

I've often wondered what it was like to be a spineless jellyfish happy to debase myself upon request.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

And by "before Tuesday" we mean...

https://twitter.com/akarl_smith/status/1749159302370074854

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Besides Jeb this was one of the more humiliating campaigns I can recall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Pron on VHS posted:

Besides Jeb this was one of the more humiliating campaigns I can recall

A year ago everyone was certain DeSantis would be the nominee. Then they listened to him speak