Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

"Come on, pop let's get you into bed"

Lol I like to think this photo was taken right after Melania yelled at him to find another car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Waffle House posted:

Uh oh, he's not getting the numbers he's expecting is he, and Haley's riiiight there...

...can you imagine a Republican female President? It'd be loving bizarre, but very possible.

I think Haley would get absolutely rolled by Biden in debates, there are good odds at her being the nominee but between that and general conservative racism / sexism I don't think she stands a chance in a general.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

"doesn't he look tired?" :britain:

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Even rocking the old man high waist band look.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Trump can elect my entire rear end

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Waffle House posted:

Uh oh, he's not getting the numbers he's expecting is he, and Haley's riiiight there...

...can you imagine a Republican female President? It'd be loving bizarre, but very possible.

Haley has had better numbers in NH, so Trump might actually be picking up steam there. That said, those numbers are still really awful for a guy that was already president once.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Waffle House posted:

Growing up next door to Thatcher's Britain in the 80s, I can imagine it pretty easily, and she was twice the oval office Reagan was.

Obviously I know that the elections work differently but still, conservatives don't mind female leaders as long as they support a theocratic patriarchal hellscape

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Trump can dere-lick my balls.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

It's been a while since someone said borfer.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Growing up next door to Thatcher's Britain in the 80s, I can imagine it pretty easily, and she was twice the oval office Reagan was.

Obviously I know that the elections work differently but still, conservatives don't mind female leaders as long as they support a theocratic patriarchal hellscape

Like...I don't vote Republican, but she's actually a perfect candidate for them, despite being initially Trump fodder.

Grey Cat posted:

It's been a while since someone said borfer.

And it's really beefing me

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

raditts posted:

I think Haley would get absolutely rolled by Biden in debates, there are good odds at her being the nominee but between that and general conservative racism / sexism I don't think she stands a chance in a general.

That and no way Trump quietly let's someone else be the candidate. He would non stop attack her and get his folllowers to just stay home or write his name in and cause a ruckus.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

:siren:TOXX CLAUSE :toxx::siren:

Trump's not getting re-elected.

There. Everyone can put their minds at rest now.

It ain't gonna happen.

:toxx: Same.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

withak posted:

Presidents are supposed to be boring, not revered as idols worshipped by idiots.

Yeah we save that level of prestige for our forum moderators.

bobjr posted:

I do think Trump going on about how he personally killed Roe v Wade will hurt him since the GOP as a whole really wants to keep running with that football.

The thing I don't see anyone talk about is have we ever had a presidential election year where one of the parties has no money? Trump has been vacuuming up all the traditional GOP donations to pay his legal bills, several state GOP parties are flat broke, and the House GOP kicked their best fundraiser - Kevin McCarthy - to the curb because they're stupid.

The French Army posted:

I am a turbo Warhammer nerd and have seen this from the inside. Hardliner chud dickheads are trying to keep newcomers out in order to prevemt the "tainting of their fandom". To this I said what would have happened if the old guard 20 years ago had kicked you out? What would have happened to all of your good sci fi fascism times if those greybeards didn't let you in? Without new blood any community will die, which means it becomes the duty of veterans to introduce newbs and make sure they have a good time.

I've heard this called (on this forum) the "model train ghetto". Basically, the dudes who spend money on model train stuff spend a lot of money on model train stuff*, but there's no effort being expended on bringing new people into the hobby, so the hobby doesn't really have a future as the industry chases a slowly-shrinking pool of customers.

How this relates to the GOP is left as an exercise for the reader.

*There's a train simulator game on steam with something like $14,000 in DLC.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

isn't this the dude who got banned from Anthrocon for being too much of a nazi? or is there another confederate fursuit guy

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The new argument for Trump will be "If he loses, he won't stop campaigning or trying to be President, and no one exists who can stop him from doing that, so may as well let him win this time"

It's really going to happen, people will say that

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

The French Army posted:

I am a turbo Warhammer nerd and have seen this from the inside. Hardliner chud dickheads are trying to keep newcomers out in order to prevemt the "tainting of their fandom". To this I said what would have happened if the old guard 20 years ago had kicked you out?

Then the community wouldn’t have had chuds in it, which would have been better. It’s better for a fandom to die than to be taken over by fascists.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

I know it won't happen but Hailey winning would be pretty great because you know he would have an absolute meltdown losing to a woman and would absolutely run as an independent.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The new argument for Trump will be "If he loses, he won't stop campaigning or trying to be President, and no one exists who can stop him from doing that, so may as well let him win this time"

It's really going to happen, people will say that

lol forever at the amount of brainworms suffered to bring people to the participation-trophy point of LARGE SHRUG, MAY AS WELL JUST LET _______ WIN

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Agents are GO! posted:

I've heard this called (on this forum) the "model train ghetto". Basically, the dudes who spend money on model train stuff spend a lot of money on model train stuff*, but there's no effort being expended on bringing new people into the hobby, so the hobby doesn't really have a future as the industry chases a slowly-shrinking pool of customers.

How this relates to the GOP is left as an exercise for the reader.

*There's a train simulator game on steam with something like $14,000 in DLC.

As another Warhammer/miniature gaming nerd here, I believe I've heard it called something like the 80/20 principle, whereby 80% of a gaming company's income (in Warhammer's case, Games Workshop) is provided by 20% of their customer base. So basically, the bulk of the company's income comes from absolute whales (in the financial sense, no fat jokes here) who have more money than sense, and have zero compunctions about dropping huge wads of cash on their chosen hobby or company.

There's definitely a parallel to the current version of the GOP here somewhere, I just haven't puzzled it out yet. :v:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

That's an argument that definitely worked for William Jennings Bryan.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Escape From Noise posted:

I know it won't happen but Hailey winning would be pretty great because you know he would have an absolute meltdown losing to a woman and would absolutely run as an independent.

It's illegal for him to run as an independent in 47 states at this point

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

MrQwerty posted:

Like he can't be on the ballot printed as an independent party line, but he'll still campaign and urge write-ins. Nothing can stop him from holding rallies (in the venues that'll still accept his credit).

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

I genuinely don't think that would stop him.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Azuth0667 posted:

Do not channel loving fishmech.
I don’t know what this means lol

Check your spreadsheet.

Waffle House posted:

Honestly, I expect the first female president to be a blonde :foxnews:-anchor-style woman.

mystes
May 31, 2006

trump trying to get write in votes would presumably end up being very embarrassing for him so I hope so

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

It wouldn't and it would be hilarious

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

mystes posted:

trump trying to get write in votes would presumably end up being very embarrassing for him so I hope so

The best part is that it pretty much any number of write-ins or spoiled ballots guarantees it for Biden. Trump can scrape 1% or discourage that many voters in a few swing states and the republican has zero chance.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Laws don't stop criminals! Nothing we can do about it, thoughts and prayers.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Agents are GO! posted:

Honestly, I expect the first female president to be a blonde :foxnews:-anchor-style woman.

You just reminded me about this. I'm surprised we aren't quite here, yet:

Idiocracy is coming up on 20 years old. The observation that it's a dummy channel made for dummies stretches back even further than that enough that it was a widely understandable joke to make in 2006.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Wonder what the chances are of the GOP establishment not pushing back much on a Trump write-in campaign in order to help out downticket races while surrendering the WH. Like if Trump can’t be the nominee and wants to tell all his idiot fans to stay home out of spite.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

It's not a crime (and would be unconstitutional to prosecute it as such) but the states can absolutely go "you already had a shot during the primary, we don't have to put your name on the ballot a second time" which is what those laws are doing. They have to count the write-ins but lol if you think anyone's winning EVs based on a write-in campaign.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Well if Trump ran as a third party candidate, he would probably beat Ross Perot's 18.9% and give us a very hilarious election

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Haha yesssss this will draw his ire like nothing else:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1749094058213908681?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Why are people even entertaining the idea that Trumpo would not be the Republican Nominee.

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
Haley trying to bring trumps mental status to the front

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/20/politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump-mental-fitness/index.html

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

You can actually just fold up your My Pillow TM pillow and walk on it, that's technically a slipper.

Waiting for the slipper alignment chart

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Hollismason posted:

Why are people even entertaining the idea that Trumpo would not be the Republican Nominee.

Because it's fun to think up other ways he can enshitten the process, even if they're not realistic.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did meatball Ron Desanctimonious drop out yet

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

People are dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Trump is not guaranteed the nomination, even if it is by far the most likely outcome. So it's funny to think about him making GBS threads his pants in rage and his response to losing the primary.