Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
just picked up some red bull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

mods?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Ohtori Akio posted:

Don't love it

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Ohtori Akio posted:

i like my fellow ode v1 a lot except for the fact that it spews perfectly ground coffee all over my countertops

wet a spoon and stir up your beans before you grind them

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

red bull aids

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Mr. Sharps posted:

wet a spoon and stir up your beans before you grind them

still happens, they ended up revising the design to address this

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

owned. anyways gonna go have a latte!

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Ohtori Akio posted:

this aggression can not stand

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

CaptainBeefart posted:

I did that with my coffee pot when it was filled halfway with water a few weeks ago. 😓

:(

I had one split on the burner once that was a real pain to clean up

snack soul
Jul 6, 2005

had an iced mocha from burger king. pretty good brew. will have to ask them where they source their beans from next time

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DaysBefore posted:

Dropped my mug. Coffee and bits of porcelain everywhere...

drat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
got some coffee (don francisco) steeping in the french press. unsure on whether to have it hot or cold. its cold outside (and inside ... windows open... cat requirement) but im pretty hung over and cold is more refreshing.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DaysBefore posted:

:(

I had one split on the burner once that was a real pain to clean up

my dad used to keep tortillas and poo poo warm on a "warming plate" by putting a plate on the stove burner during dinner. we ate at the kitchen island which was around the stove so pretty convenient. anyways one day when i was a teenager (constant brawls with dad) i guess the burner was a little too high and that plate loving exploded like an atom bomb, HUGE mess. anyways after a brief moment of shock we laughed a lot and reconciled whatever stupid feud we were in at the time. :unsmith:

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
i got some fresh sand and a special pan for my coffee
sick of having to baby it

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ohtori Akio posted:

hit craigslist or sales for a burr grinder. itll be a very meaningful upgrade. my first one was less than fifty bucks off craigslist and had a coarseness knob

because burrs have an obvious way to control coarseness, most burr grinders will have that knob. and yes its worth it

Bizarre to me they would make a burr grinder without one.

Anyway, time for a beer.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Vox Nihili posted:

I like burr grinders that don't cost $150

I got mine from the dump

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
after only drinking instant Cafe Bustelo for i don't know how long i bought a moka pot because i thought it was cute. it's metallic blue like a bumper car.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
$150 is cheap for a good burr grinder

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Weka posted:

Bizarre to me they would make a burr grinder without one.

Anyway, time for a beer.

im not aware of one without

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Karach posted:

$150 is cheap for a good burr grinder

They get even cheaper if you opt for a hand-cranked model. The tradeoff of course is the greatly increased time spent grinding beans

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
the skertons great if you make exactly one cup a day

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
oh shidd this new v60 is cute

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYTSdlOdkn0

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

cant wait to have my morning coffee tomorrow

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

luv2shit posted:

cant wait to have my morning coffee tomorrow

Yup. Sitting at the kitchen table and imagining seven hours from now when I'm in the same spot drinking coffee

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Might grind up an evening cup. If I don't have it now, I'll have grinds ready to go in the morning.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

DaysBefore posted:

Yup. Sitting at the kitchen table and imagining seven hours from now when I'm in the same spot drinking coffee

sounds like an addiction op

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Smythe posted:

my dad used to keep tortillas and poo poo warm on a "warming plate" by putting a plate on the stove burner during dinner. we ate at the kitchen island which was around the stove so pretty convenient. anyways one day when i was a teenager (constant brawls with dad) i guess the burner was a little too high and that plate loving exploded like an atom bomb, HUGE mess. anyways after a brief moment of shock we laughed a lot and reconciled whatever stupid feud we were in at the time. :unsmith:

If your dad and you hate, just blow up a plate!

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Are some people only weekday coffee drinkers?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

pour that hot bean juice

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

drinking one last coffee this morning

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

just had coffee, might have another one

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
had a pourover. and a dump

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

double shot espresso

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

lobster shirt posted:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

(1 hour later) drinking my first afternoon cup

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Felt like absolute dogshit this morning, but then I had a coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

A nice evening coffee