Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

https://twitter.com/urokuta_ja/status/1749058399969665195

According to the CEO, basically the entire online infrastructure from the physical servers to co-op implementation and transmission optimization has been put together and run by a single 24-year-old guy that he calls a "genius".

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

And another thing, if Nintendo is salty about being upstaged by these randos, they should start putting their games on Steam

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ShadowMar posted:

i'd rather play a fun """meme game""" any time of the week over boring AAA slop like Suicide Squad or Starfield

fwiw BG3 is a AAA game, it just also was early access

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Kanfy posted:

https://twitter.com/urokuta_ja/status/1749058399969665195

Apparently basically the entire online infrastructure from the physical servers to co-op implementation and transmission optimization has been put together and run by a single 24-year-old guy.

seems to be working better than what AAA studios pull off

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Phlegmish posted:

I will never play Palworld but I always appreciate these stories of plucky li'l devs hitting it big out of nowhere.

Plus, you can apparently have your Pokémon engage in trench warfare

this is loving terrible...

they need at least another row of sandbags maybe two.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Also - three machine gun nests right next to each other?

Still, I like that you have the option, I assume you can make them wear little gas masks too

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

are people buying games on Steam and then playing them???

mystes
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

is there a "most bought but not played" games list?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

I said come in! posted:

definitely not

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I said come in! posted:

oh yeah

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

mystes posted:

It'd depend on your definition of bought because I'm sure there's a ton of redeemed keys from bundles or downloaded free games that are in everyone's library.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

I said come in! posted:

they better not be, it's a degenerate hobby

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mystes posted:

Bad Rats is at the top of that list.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

i don't even know how to play games

i just think they look neat

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

[stroking goatee] I like video games - on a conceptual level...

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

stop

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

Absolutely. Once I beat BG3 (currently in Act 3) my backlog will be empty. Looking forward to picking up:

Already released - Armored Core VI, Rogue Trader
Jan 31 - Granblue Fantasy: Relink (this is a maybe)
Feb 29 - FFVII Rebirth (though I have to wait for the PC release)
Mar 8 - Unicorn Overlord
Mar 22 - Dragon's Dogma 2
Mar 22 - Princess Peach: Showtime
Apr 23 - Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Relink is hella goated.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ragequit posted:

my backlog will be empty
wtf

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This mf with an empty backlog less than a month after the winter sale

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Can things with Mining 2 mine Ore? I through a Rushoar at a Copper node and it just immediately reverts to being Idle

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ragequit posted:

Absolutely. Once I beat BG3 (currently in Act 3) my backlog will be empty. Looking forward to picking up:

Already released - Armored Core VI, Rogue Trader
Jan 31 - Granblue Fantasy: Relink (this is a maybe)
Feb 29 - FFVII Rebirth (though I have to wait for the PC release)
Mar 8 - Unicorn Overlord
Mar 22 - Dragon's Dogma 2
Mar 22 - Princess Peach: Showtime
Apr 23 - Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes

im pretty excited for Relink, but want to play Infinite Wealth and finish that first.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
imagine having an empty backlog and not a spreadsheet of 50 games that you carefully narrowed down from a list of things you actually own or have access to via subscription services

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Turnip Boy Commits Tax Fraud is on sale for $5 so I picked it up and played through it over an evening. Simple but fun game with endearingly stupid (and funny!!) writing that didn't wear out its welcome.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Video Games › Steam Thread: shut the hell up with your financial responsibility empty backlog

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

PantsBandit posted:

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Fraud is on sale for $5 so I picked it up and played through it over an evening. Simple but fun game with endearingly stupid (and funny!!) writing that didn't wear out its welcome.

the sequel just came out and is on game pass, HLTB has it at 4 hours so i figure i will play it soon

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

e: I posted in the wrong thread again, sorry!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I don’t know what to tell you! Since the sale started, I ended up with DREDGE, LIVE A LIVE, Resident Evil 4, Army of Ruin, and Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Beat them (except Army of Ruin which has no end) while I had a nice long break from work. I enjoyed them all.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

abraham linksys posted:

the sequel just came out and is on game pass, HLTB has it at 4 hours so i figure i will play it soon

I'm glad to hear Robs a Bank isn't trying to be a forever game which I was concerned about from the initial pitch.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ragequit posted:

I don’t know what to tell you! Since the sale started, I ended up with DREDGE, LIVE A LIVE, Resident Evil 4, Army of Ruin, and Spider-Man: Miles Morales. Beat them (except Army of Ruin which has no end) while I had a nice long break from work. I enjoyed them all.

You need to start getting bundles of a dozen games that you tell yourself that you'll definitely play them but you only end up playing like two and the rest just kinda sit there and then there's another bundle and this time for sure you'll play every game but well...

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I've consigned most of my bundle trash out of the backlog to "never going to play it" status, and yet I still have a backlog... :sigh:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Not if they support ai

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Science_enthusiast posted:

Lol, follow up the success of your actionably pokemon/rust game with an actionably hollow knight game.

Tbh its worse to me to imagine that such blatantly ripped assets were created by hand

they are pretty obviously imitating the art style and some game mechanics but that's all and it's really not that close. people saying this is all stolen from hollow knight are out of their minds lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My backlog is down to just a lot of the Yakuza games I havent finished or played yet. At the end of 2023 I removed a bunch of games from my backlog and just accepted i'll never play them. I want this year to be dedicated to just new releases, but i'm going to do more than just the storylines and then move on. This year I want to make an effort to play through side content and really try to 100% everything I play.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Procedural generation is just a different name for AI.

Change my mind.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
A few weeks (or maybe months) ago, I read some articles about an SDK being released for Unreal Engine that could be used by modders to create content for games that had been released without modding support. I don't know if it was provided by Epic or if someone figured it out themselves, but I do recall there being a GitHub repo. Does this ring any bells?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

you may be thinking of UEVR, which is a framework for patching VR support into not-VR unreal games

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

Change my mind.

'Procedural generation' is by definition based on procedures and generating things based off of them.

AI is a pile of math you cram data in and it shits out something hopefully useable somehow.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

MarcusSA posted:

Change my mind.

No hush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Procedurally generated worlds don't take in other, completed game worlds as training data. Would be pretty wild if they did though.