Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
TREN should just cut to the chase and be a movie entirely about the professional Light Cycle league. Basically just remake Gladiator scene for scene but replace the swords with motorcycles and paint glowing lines on everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wait. Neon lines? "TR3N"? This is secretly a Starlight Express adaptation.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The MSJ posted:

Please please please please please

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

They should follow Joseph Kosinski’s example and have this next film be scored by M83.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The MSJ posted:

As long as Electra's number is a banger.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something weird I just found out about is in 2020 Charles Band crapped out a cash in Covid horror movie which was just like 5 minutes of new footage combined with redubbed footage of Hell of the Living Dead and Zombies vs Strippers. Also he apparently did this multiple times?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ve seen puppet master, head of the family and one other movie from him. He stinks. Like a Paul ws anderson version of Lloyd Kaufman

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

Something weird I just found out about is in 2020 Charles Band crapped out a cash in Covid horror movie which was just like 5 minutes of new footage combined with redubbed footage of Hell of the Living Dead and Zombies vs Strippers. Also he apparently did this multiple times?

It was one of the worst things I've ever watched

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

I know how hard the indie horror business can be, and Band has survived in it for essentially his whole adult life. But that’s even worse than Jim Wynorski making Raptor, where he shot about 25% new footage and frankensteined the rest out of bits and pieces of the Carnosaur movies. It’s his studio, he can do what he wants, but good lord, what a thing to do to your reputation for a few bucks. Then again, it’s Charlie Band… anyone who isn’t defending him probably acknowledges that he makes stuff for cheap down to a target audience. And I write that from a position of affection, I root for indie horror… but that’s just sad.

Hasturtium fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jan 20, 2024

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Are you suggesting the man who managed to crank out at least two or three Puppet Master sequels out of footage from previous Puppet Master movies, made a cash in Covid horror movie out of footage from unrelated films?

Because that's the least shocking thing I've heard about Richard Band since I noticed his ripping off of the Psycho score for the Re-Animator theme.

Richard Band owns and the cinematic world is going to be a worse place when he and Corman finally kick the bucket.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

joylessdivision posted:

Are you suggesting the man who managed to crank out at least two or three Puppet Master sequels out of footage from previous Puppet Master movies, made a cash in Covid horror movie out of footage from unrelated films?

Because that's the least shocking thing I've heard about Richard Band since I noticed his ripping off of the Psycho score for the Re-Animator theme.

Richard Band owns and the cinematic world is going to be a worse place when he and Corman finally kick the bucket.

To be fair Re-Animator and its score comprehensively slap, I don’t mind Band assembling a new score with its own clear identity from the bones of the old. Feels thematically relevant, even.

God, don’t remind me Corman is mortal.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I like to imagine that Band is constantly calculating how many movies he could make out of whatever he is watching at the time.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

joylessdivision posted:

You’re mixing up the Band brothers. Charles is the director/producer, Richard is the composer.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chairman Capone posted:

They should follow Joseph Kosinski’s example and have this next film be scored by M83.

M83: *sees Jared Leto casting*

"naw naw naw NAW"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Charles Band made Band of Brothers?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Darthemed posted:

You’re mixing up the Band brothers. Charles is the director/producer, Richard is the composer.

I could have sworn Charles was credited for the theme on that one. I know Richard did the sweet rear end score for "Night of the Demons"

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Richard Band's Puppet Master theme is sick

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

He is tired and his eyes are growing old
But his blood runs through the instrument and his song is in its soul

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I only watched the Blade Runner sequel because a goon said Leto was in it for five minutes max

Lobster Henry
Jul 10, 2012

studious as a butterfly in a parking lot

Professor Shark posted:

I only watched the Blade Runner sequel because a goon said Leto was in it for five minutes max

Seems unnecessary when you could’ve just waited for the five minute Jared Leto supercut to hit YouTube tbh

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

leto is fine, even good in BR2049. playing a creep is up the creeps alley

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grendels Dad posted:

I like to imagine that Band is constantly calculating how many movies he could make out of whatever he is watching at the time.

Still pales in comparison to Godfrey Ho.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

joylessdivision posted:

I could have sworn Charles was credited for the theme on that one. I know Richard did the sweet rear end score for "Night of the Demons"
If you’re talking about the 1988 one, that was a whole different pair of low-budget horror brothers; Kevin Tenney directed and it was scored by his brother, Dennis Michael Tenney.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Darthemed posted:

If you’re talking about the 1988 one, that was a whole different pair of low-budget horror brothers; Kevin Tenney directed and it was scored by his brother, Dennis Michael Tenney.

I went looking for the 88 score after I posted and learned it was Tenney. I cannot for the life of me remember which 80's horror movie I was thinking of that had a Richard Band score that wasn't directed by Charles now.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

lol Madame Web is set in 2003

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the most period correct movie of alltime

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a picture floating around of Adam Scott's character holding a fortune cookie and seeing as he is rumored to be playing a young Uncle Ben people are already guessing they're going to make it so that he gets the "great power" line from said cookie.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Oh my god that would be amazingly stupid lol

Tars Tarkas posted:

lol Madame Web is set in 2003

If they don’t play Gay Bar by Electric Six they clearly don’t know what the culture wants

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Did 9/11 happen in the Sonyverse? Is Madame Web going to find the Iraqi WMD program?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mortal Kombat 2 has finished filming and I guess they got me because originally I wasn't going to give a poo poo but then they cast Karl Urban as Johnny Cage.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mortal Kombat 2 has finished filming and I guess they got me because originally I wasn't going to give a poo poo but then they cast Karl Urban as Johnny Cage.
That's the sequel to the 2021 one that premiered on HBO? That one was pretty poo poo, but Karl Urban could class up a sequel.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Will they have the actual tournament in this one? Because it would be hilarious if they made a whole franchise of "When will they get to the fireworks factory?"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

That's the sequel to the 2021 one that premiered on HBO? That one was pretty poo poo, but Karl Urban could class up a sequel.

Yeah that one was just boring and kind of bad with the only good part being Kano (who I think dies?)

AceOfFlames posted:

Will they have the actual tournament in this one? Because it would be hilarious if they made a whole franchise of "When will they get to the fireworks factory?"

They added a bunch more characters for this one so who knows.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

joylessdivision posted:

I went looking for the 88 score after I posted and learned it was Tenney. I cannot for the life of me remember which 80's horror movie I was thinking of that had a Richard Band score that wasn't directed by Charles now.
The House on Sorority Row? Ghoulies? Troll? TerrorVision? From Beyond?

Honestly, I feel a little sorry for Richard Band. He has enough genuine chops that he could have been a real go-to guy for larger studios’ horror scores if not for Charlie effectively locking him down to Full Moon.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

1stGear posted:

Did 9/11 happen in the Sonyverse? Is Madame Web going to find the Iraqi WMD program?

They were in the Amazon with her mother when she was researching spiders just before she died.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Yeah that one was just boring and kind of bad with the only good part being Kano (who I think dies?)

Joe Taslim as Sub Zero and Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion were fun too, unfortunately the former was heavily involved in the movie's lovely nonsensical plot and the latter was barely there. The movie nailed a few things from the game, but then had the most bafflingly generic protagonist ever, and overall looked and felt like the wrong kind of hack job.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I dunno what yall are complaining about, I loved seeing the escapades of my favourite original character COLE YOUNG and the birthmark that gives him special powers!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

davidspackage posted:

They were in the Amazon with her mother when she was researching spiders just before she died.

Wait wasn't Morbius also in the Amazon but researching bats?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Are you really expecting ChatGPT to write two totally different types of script for them...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cacator posted:

I dunno what yall are complaining about, I loved seeing the escapades of my favourite original character COLE YOUNG and the birthmark that gives him special powers! a magic shirt