Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Isn't Gone Guru the 2014 psychological thriller starring Ben Affleck?

no, from the 2006 zombie thriller where a weird dude covered wars, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Infinitum posted:

Uh oh Granddads hit the sauce and not making sense again
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1747818968549634411

Escape From Noise posted:

They just keep treating him VERY unfairly!

They used those exact words. Pretty unprofessional IMHO.

Ooookay yeahhhhhh sure, Don.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1749155745512243406?s=20

That picture of Cruz and DeSantis phone-banking for Trump side by side is going to be incredible.

And then there were two.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Silly Burrito posted:

And then there were two.

I'm going to bet right now that he says something about praying about it and god telling him to do this so he doesn't have to admit to deciding that he was screwed on his own

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Not to give it to him, but it's a valid point for once. She directly said she would not run for president if trump was seeking the nomination - she lied, and should be called out on it.

Imagine the outrage if Trump were ever caught lying!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Trump: Ron is a very great friend of mine who I’ve always admired, and I’d like to thank him for his endorsement.

great username
Dec 28, 2023

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1749155745512243406?s=20

That picture of Cruz and DeSantis phone-banking for Trump side by side is going to be incredible.

No primary will ever be as funny as 2016 :sigh:

Trump is a proven winner and it doesn't matter how batshit insane he is or the norms he violates, and they've learned to accept it.

So much GOP money lit on fire in 2016 on the bet that "surely we're not THIS despicable, right?!"

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We need a collection of DeSantis faces with the “Memories” song behind it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

And then there were two.

So now what way do Tiny D's tiny group of supporters flock? Do they rally around Haley as their new Not Trump candidate and maybe push her even with the big guy, or do they follow Ron, bow their heads and go crawling home to TRUMP?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

nine-gear crow posted:

So now what way do Tiny D's tiny group of supporters flock? Do they rally around Haley as their new Not Trump candidate and maybe push her even with the big guy, or do they follow Ron, bow their heads and go crawling home to TRUMP?

They all bend the knee in the end.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

great username posted:

No primary will ever be as funny as 2016 :sigh:

Trump is a proven winner and it doesn't matter how batshit insane he is or the norms he violates, and they've learned to accept it.

So much GOP money lit on fire in 2016 on the bet that "surely we're not THIS despicable, right?!"

I know the real answer is "Nothing, cause he's a fascist", but I'm curious if there's anything Trump could say or do to lose his supporters at this point.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Why wait until Tuesday, you can laugh today.

https://x.com/OmarJimenez/status/1749160130686357657?s=20

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

LMAO

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Coolguye posted:

this post just made me realize exactly how much of gone guru is a retelling of trump's life.

if you replace time meditating on a rock with time scamming magazines and TV it plays out almost note for note.

not looking forward to party robot era

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU2GqcjJcdM

great username
Dec 28, 2023

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I think there is a good shot she loses the primary. she is a nutjob weirdo with lots of weird controversy around her beyond lovely politics and hasnt done anything for anyone. like why replace the chud you already have with some embarassing white trash weirdo.

gilded age politics are fun because their are clearish party divides but a ton over overlap. its alot more about factions and big patron systems machine poo poo then policy or charisma or etc. hell the dems only really started to come out of that with clinton to degree and the GOP with reagan. Hyper partisan does that i guess. like obvious their are still factions and poo poo, but not as BIG outside stuff like the freedom cacus.
It's basically a mistake to make any comparisons on parties between eras because what they stand for and who their constituents are will vary incredibly. There was a long period in American politics where parties were less about any particular ideology and more about regional interests that had a ton of both overlap and contradictions. Like Republicans in that era might have been sound money corporatists, but that was in relation to their desiring a stronger manufacturing sector protected by tariffs than any free-market purism that we tend to see today. And what we'd consider "liberal" and "conservative" are inapposite to the politics of another time, because what does that mean when your hot button issues are things like the gold standard and free silver? High or low tariffs? The use of federal funds to build regional infrastructural improvements? Female suffrage? Like you can probably align things such as women's suffrage with contemporary "liberal/progressive" ideology but even today's Republican party tries to not say aloud they want to repeal the 19th amendment. Nelson Rockefeller enacted harsh anti drug laws in the 1960s as a Republican governor of New York, but also quadrupled state spending on infrastructure and social programs including a vast expansion of environmental protections and the state university system. Is Wilsonian diplomacy that sees the US taking a leading international role to avert war and promote democracy a "liberal" or "conservative" thing?

And if you think hyperpartisanship is recent, see the whole run up to the Civil War, which is the entire period between the election of Andrew Jackson to the Battle of Fort Sumter.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

We wish Ron the best in his future endeavours - getting the poo poo beat out of him by Disney's lawyers

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Bend the knee, Ron!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I like in his concession speech he says "we can't go back to the old ways of doing things......So I'm voting for TRUMP"

Bitch, the old ways ARE Trump.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ron DeSantis died on the way back to his home planet state.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The best thing that could happen is Donald Trump wins the republican nomination, at the convention he chokes to death on a hot dog live on stage, and the republicans tear each other apart accusing each other of giving trump a lethal hot dog

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Silly Burrito posted:

I like in his concession speech he says "we can't go back to the old ways of doing things......So I'm voting for TRUMP"

We must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:rip:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
lol dumb pooty boot motherfucker couldn't even make it to Super Tuesday. What a waste. The only way this could get more humiliating for him is if he slipped in a puddle of lube on stage and somehow landed rear end-first on a five foot rainbow dildo that said "I LOVE WOKE DISNEY" on it and it jammed his prostate so hard it made him puke pudding all over the stage.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Silly Burrito posted:

he means democracy

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

2024 US Presidential Election Toxx Thread!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Hell yes!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
looking forward to what a 78 year old donald trump sounds like after a year of campaigning and court dates

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
I'm showerposting to lol, and I daresay lmao, husband just told me the news that ol moonboots has hosed off

bet he's never getting to sleep in the master bedroom again

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:lol:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Gonna laugh even louder if/when he's voted out :lol:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

The bit that broke me was the correction at the end

quote:

Correction: A line in this article which described the Italian interpreter’s reaction to Trump’s comments about Ancient Rome was removed, because it was from a different press conference.

Lmao

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Gone DeSantis :byewhore:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Question is what % of Desantis supporters will go to Trump vs Hailey

Something tells me Trump is not getting 90-100% of those

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

We need a collection of DeSantis faces with the “Memories” song behind it.

One Shining Moment song.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If Trump loses in 2024, can the country finally pivot to finally not being a terrible place to live and be a citizen of?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Hope you kept the receipt on those high-heeled boots and lifts, Ronnie Boy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lmbo