Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I was curious so I updated this image with a locomotive to be sure. If your pickup truck has worse forward visibility than a locomotive you have a problem.

unsafe at any height

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.motor1.com/news/704911/wrangler-rubicon-392-final-edition/

quote:

According to the document sent by Jeep, there's a sales challenge in place for January 2024. Dealers that move more cars this month than in January 2023 will each receive a single allocation for a (takes deep breath) 2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Final Edition.

It's unclear how many will be built but it's obvious these won't be cheap. A base 2024 Wrangler Rubicon 392 already costs $92,140 – or $5,100 more than the year prior. Add the mandatory $1,795 destination charge and all the possible options and you're paying $102,520. Of course, that's before markups, and this potential Final Edition will be a good opportunity for dealers to charge a hefty premium.

We expect the last hurrah to be based on the four-door Unlimited trim with unique visual tweaks inside and out. The naturally aspirated V8 should continue to make 470 horsepower and 470 pound-feet of torque channeled to all four wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission equipped with paddle shifters. Jeep declined to confirm or comment when reached by Motor1 via email.

Stellantis just wont stop with this poo poo.

Put the High Output twin turbo I6 in the Wrangler and Gladiator, you cowards.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

davecrazy posted:

https://www.motor1.com/news/704911/wrangler-rubicon-392-final-edition/

Stellantis just wont stop with this poo poo.

Put the High Output twin turbo I6 in the Wrangler and Gladiator, you cowards.

That's probably what they're gonna do once they squeeze every ounce of juice they possibly can out of the 392.

I'm gonna be taking the four cylinder turbo Wrangler for a test drive, I keep seeing reviews saying it's way better than the V6, as long as it's reasonably reliable and not a complete turd I'll be interested if it drives like everyone says it does.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

100k for a jeep :lol:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

that's a lot for a wave

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

I was curious so I updated this image with a locomotive to be sure. If your pickup truck has worse forward visibility than a locomotive you have a problem.

I…think some of those American pickups might not pass EU Direct Vision laws in a year or so.

Not that that matters in the U.S., but good god

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I feel like this was discussed before in the thread, but it's worth revisiting.

Tesla: You’ll Have to Wipe Dead Bugs and Bird Poop off Your Cybertruck ASAP to Avoid Corrosion

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The Littoral Combat Ship of the land

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Russian Bear posted:

100k for a jeep :lol:

seriously lol

who is even buying these things?

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

boxen posted:

I feel like this was discussed before in the thread, but it's worth revisiting.

Tesla: You’ll Have to Wipe Dead Bugs and Bird Poop off Your Cybertruck ASAP to Avoid Corrosion

Shouldn't have cheaped out and used EN 1.4401 instead.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

super nailgun posted:

seriously lol

I just assume people rolling another 80k of upside down loans into a new 96 month car loan.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

super nailgun posted:

seriously lol

Flatlanders that wanna pretend to show off but can't drop 150 thou on a tuned diesel 2500

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

cursedshitbox posted:

Flatlanders that wanna pretend to show off but can't drop 150 thou on a tuned diesel 2500

There's truth to this. I see Rubicons all over the Midwest.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

super nailgun posted:

seriously lol

5' 8" guys who complain about taxes

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

super nailgun posted:

seriously lol

Jealous Gen X wanting to get a headstart on dying with over a million in debt like the boomers are

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I cannot fathom paying 100k loving dollars for a loving Jeep I feel like I am going insane

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

LeeMajors posted:

I cannot fathom paying 100k loving dollars for a loving Jeep I feel like I am going insane

The Grand Wagoneer was brought back because too many people were willing to do this.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

DJ Commie posted:

Jealous Gen X wanting to get a headstart on dying with over a million in debt like the boomers are

If you're not concerned about leaving assets to heirs, this isn't a bad plan lol. The estate pays off your debts but once your estate is drained, the debts are forgiven/forgotten.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Kids never came to visit, gently caress ‘em
-a big piece of poo poo

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The Meat Dimension posted:

Kids never came to visit, gently caress ‘em
-a big piece of poo poo

Generational wealth is immoral, actually. There should be a 100% inheritance tax on anything over $100k per heir.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Full Collapse posted:

There's truth to this. I see Rubicons all over the Midwest.

I see them plenty in the upper south and they cost how much.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

KillHour posted:

Generational wealth is immoral, actually. There should be a 100% inheritance tax on anything over $100k per heir.

Yeah gently caress it. Cody and Hope-Faith-Destiny Morrison don't need another Land Rover AND bro-dozer.

One or the other.

Also gently caress anyone being able to afford their 2500 + /month rent for more than a few years.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

E: wrong thread

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

KillHour posted:

Yeah. gently caress farms! And poor people who bought houses before the market exploded!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
aren't most family farms gone in the US and replaced by big corporations

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

His Divine Shadow posted:

aren't most family farms gone in the US and replaced by big corporations

Sound like something a communist would say. These are generations of farmers who built their hundred thousand acre ranches with the sweat of their brow on virgin soil!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

This... doesn't look terrible

https://www.carscoops.com/2024/01/new-audi-a6-avant-e-tron-everything-we-know-about-the-electrifying-wagon/

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

If that's how the production version will look, they pulled off the split headlights pretty well I think.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Yeah. gently caress farms! And poor people who bought houses before the market exploded!

Ah yes, the rhetorical trick of finding a sympathetic edge group to distract from the main impact of a policy, ignoring that the elimination of generational wealth would necessarily involve a radical restructuring of the economy and basically guarantee a strong welfare state to compensate.

In a world where nobody can inherit substantial wealth, poor people will benefit the most literally by definition. Yes, it won't completely eliminate nepotism and family grifting, but it still stops a handful of families from permanently sequestering a substantial fraction of the nation's wealth and guaranteeing an effective dynasty.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Presenting the Ford/Lincoln Digital Experience (TM)

It's the Google Automotive replacement for Sync.

At least it supports CarPlay.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2024/01/22/fords-new-48-inch-dashboard-will-debut-in-2024-lincoln-nautilus/72285554007/

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Zero One posted:

Presenting the Ford/Lincoln Digital Experience (TM)

It's the Google Automotive replacement for Sync.

At least it supports CarPlay.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2024/01/22/fords-new-48-inch-dashboard-will-debut-in-2024-lincoln-nautilus/72285554007/

"Hey babe, can you tell me the rear right tire pressure? I don't have room for it on my side without getting rid of these cool animated clouds."

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Gear selection as just buttons is cool.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

phosdex posted:

My Aston has it and it's more annoying than you'd think.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The HVAC control screen looks so loving bad

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

fknlo posted:

The HVAC control screen looks so loving bad

What do you mean? Do you not enjoy prodding at fingertip-sized buttons from an angle where you may hit the wrong one whilst driving?! The user interface design on so many cars with touchscreens is loving dross.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

when I think of the demographics that drive Lincolns I think "programmable unmarked steering wheel dimples"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

can't think of any way that training meemaw to turn the giant volume dial in the center console could backfire as soon as she hops into any other modern car

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Why split headlights, every iteration so far has looked terrible.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

phosdex posted:

It's a pain in the rear end during parking, jumping from R to D multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Do you have to hold down reverse for a second? Or whats the safety lockout there?