Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This is extremely weird

Is there a way to mesh triple option and air raid together

RIP Mike Leach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

This is extremely weird

yes

go-go offense, willie fritz's system, and jamey chadwell uses some veer formations with crossing concepts that aren't dissimilar from mesh

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

niumatolo wasn't hired to do that though, which is stupid

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Hope he’s kept his notes from Houston. They’ll be very useful as a reference on what not to do as a head coach.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Declan MacManus posted:

niumatolo wasn't hired to do that though, which is stupid

Yeah it's a real shame.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Does applewhite just have a bunch of residual goodwill from people despising Chris Simms?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Does applewhite just have a bunch of residual goodwill from people despising Chris Simms?

This does go into me not disliking him as much as he deserves I admit, and I am the opposite of a Texas fan.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I feel like also, it's just that his name is so memorable. And it makes him seem like he should be in charge of things (he should not be.)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mikey Sainristil’s final collegiate YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XWX71ZetGE

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I was listening to a podcast recorded between Fisch leaving and Brennan being fired and they had a reporter on who is big on his model and it apparently really liked Applewhite (wasn't his first choice but it was a name on the list).

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Gonz posted:

Mikey Sainristil’s final collegiate YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XWX71ZetGE

To record yourself saying "Ooooh if I catch a pick in the natty bro" is hilarious foreshadowing

Funny story from the rose bowl: Josaiah Stewart didn't know he made The Play to end the game until he was on the bus:

https://twitter.com/ByAZuniga/status/1748410420237386003?t=n4-TuLL3oiovFlKrpNQXEg&s=19

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/SSN_Alabama/status/1748807675637268651

Iowa better at tampering than Clemson smh

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I feel like I hear less news about Clemson than any other big boy program. Ever since it was clear their season wasn’t going anywhere I do not hear about any big recruiting splashes or anything other than Dabo briefly getting mentioned in the Bama sweepstakes.

Is there not much happening or just not making news?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Thermos H Christ posted:

Leipold’s Kansas kind of does, don’t they? I mean not air raid, but I think they do incorporate quite a bit of triple option into something that at first glance looks kind of like your standard issue CFB spread offense with vertical passing and stuff.

E:

https://x.com/jakefranklinfb/status/1582767995990200321?s=46&t=jyQuPFNbhhfjO8AKyl0HBA

https://x.com/firstdownx__os/status/1662133288863924225?s=46&t=jyQuPFNbhhfjO8AKyl0HBA

https://x.com/acosta32_jp/status/1570492427437481985?s=46&t=jyQuPFNbhhfjO8AKyl0HBA

I really don't know how Penn State expects to run this offense with Drew Allar

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Zwabu posted:

I feel like I hear less news about Clemson than any other big boy program. Ever since it was clear their season wasn’t going anywhere I do not hear about any big recruiting splashes or anything other than Dabo briefly getting mentioned in the Bama sweepstakes.

Is there not much happening or just not making news?

They can't hack it in the portal era and are probably gonna spend some time in the wilderness until they get rid of Dabo. They won't completely crater because they play in the ACC, but they'll be in dogfights with, like, UNC and Louisville to make the ACC title game.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

They can't hack it in the portal era and are probably gonna spend some time in the wilderness until they get rid of Dabo. They won't completely crater because they play in the ACC, but they'll be in dogfights with, like, UNC and Louisville to make the ACC title game.

is the reason they cant hack if because of lack of booster/institutional support around NIL or because of dabo's opinions on and attitude towards the portal/NIL

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

post hole digger posted:

is the reason they cant hack if because of lack of booster/institutional support around NIL or because of dabo's opinions on and attitude towards the portal/NIL

I have no idea but I'm going to pin the blame on Dabo because gently caress Dabo

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

lmao come to our school where we don't play offense at all! Also, this is totally not tampering

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

I have no idea but I'm going to pin the blame on Dabo because gently caress Dabo

i assumed it was the latter as well

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

post hole digger posted:

I think it's gotta be Dabo right? I mean Eli Drinkwitz embraced NIL and got Mizzou cooking a little bit and I guarantee we don't care as much about football and place a rather large bet we don't have more rich people who really care about football around than Clemson.

Missouri's not winning any national championships but they punched well above their weight class largely due to transfers likely drawn by decent NIL deals. Clemson...should be trying to win national championships and went out and had that season.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Dabo's already got to punch above his weight considering that SC/UGA/Auburn/Bama are all in his backyard with twice as much TV revenue as Clemson does. If he won't play the NIL game, then it's a matter of time before he's replaced with someone who does.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Fluffdaddy posted:

lmao come to our school where we don't play offense at all! Also, this is totally not tampering

Iowa produces linemen with NFL tendencies like KFC producing buckets of chicken.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
Georgia
Oregon
Texas
Ole Miss
Ohio State

Not sure how I will rank these teams yet, but these are the top five heading into next year.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/cbatbie/status/1748862712703308234?re

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I mean, I think Fisch should’ve stayed at Arizona too and it sucks he left but :qq: richboi posts are always so pathetic

I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS lol

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Welcome to the club.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

I mean, I think Fisch should’ve stayed at Arizona too and it sucks he left but :qq: richboi posts are always so pathetic

I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS lol

He runs a pile of apartment complexes at a level just above slumlord and is contiually letting them fall into just enough disrepair to take advantage of housing rehab tax incentives

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I'm imagining this post but bill gates to deboer.

Also the Arizona RB co.mitted to UW maybe he can convince his friends

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

https://x.com/PeteThamel/status/1749174993404002401?s=20

Who's ready for a back-up QB battle?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ryan Day collecting hosed up white boys like pokemon

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

This is extremely weird

Multiple people* have described the system Heupel runs as "triple option air raid" so maybe something like that?

If he can find a good OC and leave him alone he's probably a success there.

*: not me, I don't know poo poo about scheme.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Michigan styling on the buckeyes for a couple years and winning a championship has pushed osu over the edge to go full on texas/ole miss

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

pillsburysoldier posted:

Michigan styling on the buckeyes for a couple years and winning a championship has pushed osu over the edge to go full on texas/ole miss

Probably also a preview of what Bama is going to look like if they win 9 games next year.

Meanwhile Clemson is doing … ?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

This guy sucks.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
Very very funny to me that the side effect of Michigan winning a natty is going to be Ohio State’s money decided they’re tired of buying buildings and want to buy a roster instead. This roster is better than 2015. Time to find out if Day can actually manage a game or not.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://x.com/courtanne1225/status/1749256769879019875?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That would be a step up in that situation from last year.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Truther Vandross posted:

That would be a step up in that situation from last year.

I was gonna say, I feel like that exact sequence happened at some point in the season anyway.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cthulu Carl posted:

I was gonna say, I feel like that exact sequence happened at some point in the season anyway.

Last year we’d just do three gimmick runs behind a line that immediately got blown up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

23 and 24 were shaping up to be PSU best years in a while. Instead, 23 was wasted due to a busted offense and 24 will feature a nuclear OSU team

:sigh: