Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Platystemon posted:

Veep watch:

https://twitter.com/nicktagliaferro/status/1748149760299573320

Nick is right.

This is the most relatable moment anyone has ever seen of Harris.

still a cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah that sent uncanny chills down my spine like spotting eyes in the dark

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Hello fellow FAFSA applicants, what kind of drugs do you crazy party animals do? Also how many grams?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

Hello fellow FAFSA applicants, what kind of drugs do you crazy party animals do? Also how many grams?

I can’t afford any, the Biden economy

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

I could afford it. But then they changed what it was. It'll happen to you

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

goatsestretchgoals posted:

How do you do, fellow kids?

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

In the spirit of the current airplane shenanigans:
I was (attempting) to drive down Auburn Way in WA and got diverted by a cop, went to go around a side street to another roadblock and found this plane crashed into the sidewalk

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
love the shoes on the powerline, too :allears:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://d3rtz3mdbmjoag.cloudfront.net/wp-cmg/20240117/65a74aa0e5ec5b72a05d08eb/file_1920x1080-5400-v4/file_960x540-1200-v3_1.mp4

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

stackofflapjacks posted:

In the spirit of the current airplane shenanigans:
I was (attempting) to drive down Auburn Way in WA and got diverted by a cop, went to go around a side street to another roadblock and found this plane crashed into the sidewalk

Can't park there mate.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Looks like a homebuilt. Hope the pilot is OK.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Kesper North posted:

Looks like a homebuilt. Hope the pilot is OK.

Good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BEx0RbOUN8

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Meatball Ron dropped out in advance of New Hampshire, RIP to the candidate that would've probably been even worse than Donnie (if that's possible) and lol he's endorsing Donnie too

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

So we really are hurdling toward a repeat of 2020 since Haley doesn't seem to be gaining traction

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

facialimpediment posted:

Meatball Ron dropped out in advance of New Hampshire, RIP to the candidate that would've probably been even worse than Donnie (if that's possible) and lol he's endorsing Donnie too

:lol:

Nick Soapdish posted:

So we really are hurdling toward a repeat of 2020 since Haley doesn't seem to be gaining traction

I'm thinking the VP pick is going to be pretty deranged

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Did any serious person not think that's exactly what was going to happen?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Xakura posted:

Donnie will milk the pick for a while, but it'll be terrible either way. My personal bet's on Stefanik, but nobody really knows.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Xakura posted:

:lol:

Ron probably thinks this gives him the best shot at VP.

He’s wrong.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

stealie72 posted:

I thought Governor Go-Go Boot would hold on for longer.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Ron probably thinks this gives him the best shot at VP.

He’s wrong.

He's gonna treat him like Chris Christie and turn him into Reek version 2

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

stealie72 posted:

We had a long discussion about this earlier so not looking to rehash it, but a bit more data for what I was saying that voters are currently kinda not paying attention / clueless:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/19/us/politics/trump-biden-voters-2024-election.html?searchResultPosition=2

quote:

The Biden campaign’s internal data has found that nearly three-quarters of its so-called targeted voter universe does not believe Mr. Trump will be the Republican nominee. Those voters are a broad set of Americans who are not plugged into the news and don’t currently support the president’s re-election, but the campaign believes they can be persuaded to do so.

There's still a lot of "oh they'll just switcheroo biden at the convention because superdelegates" conspiracy stuff all over and the media's drive for ratings / a competitive primary has kinda trampled some of the serious people.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
It's kind of wild that he watched Trump glitch out last night and thought 'well poo poo that guy's unbeatable.'

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

Nick Soapdish posted:

He's gonna treat him like Chris Christie and turn him into Reek version 2

I must remember my name, DeSanctimonious, DeSanctimonious, it rhymes with felonious.

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
I HOPE we are heading toward a repeat of 2020 because the alternative is a repeat of 2016.
or 1933

E. Revenant fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 21, 2024

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

E. Revenant posted:

I HOPE we are heading toward a repeat of 2020 because the alternative is a repeat of 2016.

If HRC is on the ticket, that is the only way I would stay home

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i am personally very excited for a no-longer-doped-up-on-campaign-dreams DeSantis to go home to his loving partner Disney

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nick Soapdish posted:

If HRC is on the ticket, that is the only way I would stay home

Trump should choose Clinton as a running mate.

Liberals would be so owned.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

We had a long discussion about this earlier so not looking to rehash it, but a bit more data for what I was saying that voters are currently kinda not paying attention / clueless:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/19/us/politics/trump-biden-voters-2024-election.html?searchResultPosition=2

There's still a lot of "oh they'll just switcheroo biden at the convention because superdelegates" conspiracy stuff all over and the media's drive for ratings / a competitive primary has kinda trampled some of the serious people.

The greatest fraud that political science ever perpetrated on both the world and itself is that voter behavior can be explained or rationalized. At the end of the day, voters- and people in general- are loving dumb.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I assumed the unsaid part of the haley/desantis/other non-trump campaigns was that the only real hope was that trump would do or say something so toxic as to be untouchable, get bogged down in legal issues, or just plain drop dead before the convention. He's clearly immune to the first one even after leaning into the fascist messaging, he's effectively kicking the can down the road on anything criminal, and so far his mcdonald's laden heart is holding on. But then why drop out for underperforming? Trump voters see haley as pretty toxic, and there's not really anyone else except desantis (lol vivek). Seems like there's no reason for desantis not to limp into the convention without opposing trump publicly just in case.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Seems like there's no reason for desantis not to limp into the convention without opposing trump publicly just in case.

Yes, however, virtually everyone in the GOP except Chris Christie exists and those people are too terrified of or beholden to the Fuhrer and can't run the risk of crossing him for fear of being annihilated themselves.

The strategy of wait until he goes to jail or dies doesn't look like a solid one right now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
DeSantis probably burnt through too much cash, and no one was eager to give him more.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Platystemon posted:

DeSantis probably burnt through too much cash, and no one was eager to give him more.

Also he was a charisma vacuum and a complete non-entity outside Florida.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Now he’s got to back to Florida, where The Mouse is waiting for him. Stalling time is over, fucko :twisted:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

My only regret is we didn't get to see the two of them tear into each other at a debate.

Because Donnie is a pussy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ron was never willing to “tear into” Trump

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/youwouldntpost/status/1749169627035586708?t=oVWSgwsMZf37lxjGCCEosg&s=19

Like the last Japanese soldier on an isolated island postwar

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Oh wow, I haven't heard/seen a Billvii post in quite a while. Is he a Desantis stan?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Does he have a former mentor who retired to a career as a college professor they can call to coax him out of a marsh in about 20 years?

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

So, this is hilarious

https://twitter.com/intermarium24/s...mber%3D927pti11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
lol cant even beat ukraine and wants to gently caress with the us