Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Sorry everyone, unfortunately there’s no one under the age of 70 who’s qualified to be president. Also the bench is dogshit, a bunch of freaks who’ve been padding their resumes for decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Read what you quoted. I'm a well experienced trial attorney used to reading this sort of motion. The motion doesn't say "They booked a cruise," the motion says "they bought a plane ticket to Miami, and also there are two lines on his credit card with a cruise company." The motion doesn't say they vacationed in Napa Valley, it says "they bought a plane ticket to San Francisco, and separately there are two hotel rooms in Napa a month later."

That's enough for talking heads on Fox to screech that they booked a cruise together and vacationed in Napa together, but it is a far, far cry from actual proof of those things. It's just as likely the dude bought the hotel for them for a case meeting and the cruise with his sister and her kids on hotels.com on the same day. And it's just as likely that he and his girlfriend went to Napa a month after he and Willis went to meet with Twitter execs about their search warrant.

Now, mind you, I also wouldn't put it past her because I used to be a prosecutor and work with a lot of government lawyers and know how fantastically loving stupid they are capable of being.

Edit: It's like saying "Bob bought gas at a gas station, and then Bob also spent $30 at a liquor store, therefore Bob was driving drunk." Like, sure, it's within the universe of possibilities that those two correlating purchases mean Bob drove drunk, but it's much much more likely that Bob just went about his day doing normal things. Finding two correlating purchases in the entire history of someone's credit card statements and using them to draw wild conclusions would be trivially easy. I bet you could tell some wild stories looking at two random purchases on mine, or yours, or anyone's.

BigHead fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 21, 2024

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Blind Rasputin posted:

I mean, I think she hates him. I wonder if being ruled by a jury an actual rqpist may have changed that but it’s hard to know. She really believed his talking points when they were in the White House. But that photo of him and her snapped at the funeral, getting into the car? She absolutely cannot stand him. No way anyone looks at another human that way otherwise.

Hey, no one said being a gold digger was easy. You have to put up with the rich old guy you are mining. I feel no pity for her, she knew what she was getting into.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Cimber posted:

Hey, no one said being a gold digger was easy. You have to put up with the rich old guy you are mining. I feel no pity for her, she knew what she was getting into.

I’m not about to defend Melania because roflmao no, but they got married in 2005. This was in no way something she could’ve predicted unless you want to make the daring argument that Trump has been following some kind of plan here.

Not saying you should pity her, I certainly don’t, but your reasoning is just flatly incorrect.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Xiahou Dun posted:

I’m not about to defend Melania because roflmao no, but they got married in 2005. This was in no way something she could’ve predicted unless you want to make the daring argument that Trump has been following some kind of plan here.

Not saying you should pity her, I certainly don’t, but your reasoning is just flatly incorrect.

No, I mean he's been known to be a scumbag shitheel for decades now, long before he was on the national stage as President. She knew what type of man she was getting herself tied too and she did it anyways.

I don't think he really wanted to be POTUS in the first place, that empty eyed look in his face (and everyone elses face) when he realized he was actually elected president in 2016 seems to confirm that. The suspicion that he was just trying to negotiate a better deal with NBC over The Apprentice still holds water. She got dragged along to the White House with the rest of them.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Cimber posted:

No, I mean he's been known to be a scumbag shitheel for decades now, long before he was on the national stage as President. She knew what type of man she was getting herself tied too and she did it anyways.

I don't think he really wanted to be POTUS in the first place, that empty eyed look in his face (and everyone elses face) when he realized he was actually elected president in 2016 seems to confirm that. The suspicion that he was just trying to negotiate a better deal with NBC over The Apprentice still holds water. She got dragged along to the White House with the rest of them.

Do you not see how these two paragraphs contradict each other. How did he surprise himself but she should’ve seen this coming.

She’s already a shitbird, you shouldn’t be tying yourself into rhetorical knots over this.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Xiahou Dun posted:

Do you not see how these two paragraphs contradict each other. How did he surprise himself but she should’ve seen this coming.

She’s already a shitbird, you shouldn’t be tying yourself into rhetorical knots over this.

I don't see that they do contradict each other. A) She knew he was a shitheel long before he ran for office. B) He, she and everyone else were surprised he actually won the loving election. She got dragged to the White House in a role she never signed up for when she married him as a trophy wife.

He's a shitheel narcisist, she's a shitheel gold digger who got tagged to be first lady as a role she never wanted and she's been lashing out against it. Do you think she wasn't aware of the reaction she would earn for the "I don't care, do you?" jacket she wore that one time?

Caros
May 14, 2008

The Bible posted:

I've said it before, but goddammit am I ever tired of our choices for leadership being only walking corpses who are literally just rotting before our eyes. How can this represent the future in any way?

I mean... This does seem like where we're headed.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Cimber posted:

I don't see that they do contradict each other. A) She knew he was a shitheel long before he ran for office. B) He, she and everyone else were surprised he actually won the loving election. She got dragged to the White House in a role she never signed up for when she married him as a trophy wife.

He's a shitheel narcisist, she's a shitheel gold digger who got tagged to be first lady as a role she never wanted and she's been lashing out against it. Do you think she wasn't aware of the reaction she would earn for the "I don't care, do you?" jacket she wore that one time?

Yeah none of this poo poo hangs together.

Yeah, she married an rear end in a top hat for the money and is a pretty bad person in her own right. No, she emphatically could not have predicted this.

She did not, in fact, know this was going to happen when she married him. Bringing up unrelated points does not support this argument.

I’m done with this conversation unless you can start remembering your own point for the whole post. This is dumb.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It remains an amazing turning point in history that nearly a decade of the politics of the most powerful nation on Earth have been completely hosed because a TV show conman hosed up his plan to lose a Presidential Campaign. 8 years later and I still can't figure out whether it's sadder to lose to a guy trying to throw the race himself, or win despite your whole new media empire plan requiring you to lose.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Definitely the former imo. Hillary was truly a historically garbage candidate.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
The piss tape is real and MTG is the J6 pipe bomber

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Trazz posted:

The piss tape is real and MTG is the J6 pipe bomber

Piss tape is limited hangout, Trump had the feds confiscate epsteins collection of kompromat, stole those dox, leveraged them, and had epstein killed.

Prince and Prig had the largest, most influential sockpuppet armies circa 2014-2017, and they both colluded with the Trump campaign to win 2016 (negotiated by Flynn).

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Yoshi Wins posted:

I mean, it's a very strong case for Hillary. However, just imagine your decades long empire of fraud and money laundering crumbling because you just couldn't manage to lose the biggest political race while running as the joke candidate. All the consequences that are currently lined up are only there because Donny Dumbass couldn't figure out how to lose as history's most hated candidate. Dude ran a Brewster's Millions campaign, but when the climactic scene hits where he's still got a dollar comes, he just can't bring himself to give it away.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Uglycat posted:

Piss tape is limited hangout, Trump had the feds confiscate epsteins collection of kompromat, stole those dox, leveraged them, and had epstein killed.

Prince and Prig had the largest, most influential sockpuppet armies circa 2014-2017, and they both colluded with the Trump campaign to win 2016 (negotiated by Flynn).
:hmmyes:

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Gyges posted:

I mean, it's a very strong case for Hillary. However, just imagine your decades long empire of fraud and money laundering crumbling because you just couldn't manage to lose the biggest political race while running as the joke candidate. All the consequences that are currently lined up are only there because Donny Dumbass couldn't figure out how to lose as history's most hated candidate. Dude ran a Brewster's Millions campaign, but when the climactic scene hits where he's still got a dollar comes, he just can't bring himself to give it away.

I don't think Trump "wanted to lose"
I think Trump wanted to win so badly that he cheated to do so

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Trazz posted:

The second time around, absolutely, but it isn't some kind of secret that the plan in 2016 was to make a splash and then ride the publicly of his noble, doomed campaign to media prominence and $$$.

Once he won once though, he got in too deep and his ego grew so colossal that he couldn't stand to lose ever again

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Trazz posted:

His plan was to do another vanity campaign to boost his status for negotiations with NBC and other media companies. When he then started doing much better than the other losers running, the plan changed into setting up his own right wing media company to continue hosing all the chumps who were supporting him. Actually winning the election was not at all in the plans and he absolutely never wanted to be President. It was only after he failed to lose that his ego rewrote his personal reality to that being the plan all along.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

The second time around, absolutely, but it isn't some kind of secret that the plan in 2016 was to make a splash and then ride the publicly of his noble, doomed campaign to media prominence and $$$.

Once he won once though, he got in too deep and his ego grew so colossal that he couldn't stand to lose ever again

So the plan was to collude with Russia and still lose anyway? I don't buy it.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Trazz posted:

More likely it was "Hey, President Putin? Ya know that guy Trump we've had dealings with in the past? He's doing pretty well in the GOP polls so far and it looks like he might actually win more than a few delegates in their primary. If we threaten to release that piss tape he might be ours...."

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Trazz posted:

I admit it's been awhile so I might be off base here but my understanding was the collusion came at Russia's instigation, not Trump's, and he rolled with it because A) he doesn't give a poo poo and is fine with getting a boost and B) if he did resist them they'd be able to utterly destroy him because he's been in bed with like four different mafias for decades.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

“My enemies are in power, this is the worst thing that could’ve happened to them” feels like the most bitter, undrinkable Victory Wine ever, and only makes sense if you see Trump as the disease and not just an ugly symptom and omen of what’s to come.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

I admit it's been awhile so I might be off base here but my understanding was the collusion came at Russia's instigation, not Trump's, and he rolled with it because A) he doesn't give a poo poo and is fine with getting a boost and B) if he did resist them they'd be able to utterly destroy him because he's been in bed with like four different mafias for decades.

I distinctly remember Trump asking Russia to hack his opponents on live TV and then they did.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

selec posted:

“My enemies are in power, this is the worst thing that could’ve happened to them” feels like the most bitter, undrinkable Victory Wine ever, and only makes sense if you see Trump as the disease and not just an ugly symptom and omen of what’s to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEC8URRaZoI&t=87s

1:27 timestamp; considering Homelander's been outright said to be a Trump allegory it's poignant.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

selec posted:

No, it's just a quirky corollary to living in the hell timeline that nobody is happy, not even the shitheel, Trump. Trump is bad for everyone, including himself and our diseased system.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Yoshi Wins posted:

My '07 Obamatar is speaking from the dead but I've felt for ages that Clinton is fundamentally just an anemic candidate. She only achieves victory if she has every advantage on her side and she implodes in the face of the slightest challenge.

Winning a democratic senate primary is pure cake as a Clinton, and winning the actual seat is even more cake in the state of NY. Barack Obama was her first actual challenge and he overcame all of her natural head-starts to just beat on her like a drum. Nominating her in 2016 was a massive mistake given that A, she's a proven Bad Campaigner and B, she's a lightning rod for conservatives (even if it's somewhat undeserved).

Trump cratered the country so when I say there's a silver lining, it's microscopic, but I'm glad she was practically locked out of politics after that event.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Trazz posted:

I distinctly remember Trump asking Russia to hack his opponents on live TV and then they did.

“If it’s what you say it is then I like it… especially later in the fall.”

And then they did.

No collusion though.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Trazz posted:

Trump spent very little actual money trying to win. Colluding with Russia was free.
The GOP presidential race has been a Fox Commentator Tryout arena for a while. Trump probably won because the main "real" candidate was Jeb Bush

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

BigHead posted:

Saying someone is an "intended travel partner" is about as meaningful as saying "we still have unanswered questions."

The tickets are described as a $900 and a $500 ticket, which are very very likely tickets for the two of them to go to DC or to Miami to coordinate the three cases. It's normal for a private lawyer, which he is, to buy tickets and get them reimbursed by the government he's contacted for. It's normal for some government lawyers - like me - to book travel on a personal card to get reimbursed later.

The biggest sin committed here is that the dude pissed off an ex wife. The lawyers are working together because attacking the prosecutor from two fronts will get each of their clients a better outcome.

I thought the divorce was over her admitted infidelity in like 2017? That makes me think the timing on the divorce filing has more to do with his new status as a much lower official income person than anything to do with Willis.

“I was making a million a year but now that I’m going to be making 250k for the next three or four years I should just pull the trigger and get out now while any alimony is going to be limited.”

It’s going to be hilarious if it turns out Wade does have a girlfriend and it ain’t Willis.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Murgos posted:

It’s going to be hilarious if it turns out Wade does have a girlfriend and it ain’t Willis.

Turns out man was triple-timing it for maximum hilarity

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
edit: n/m

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

Murgos posted:

“If it’s what you say it is then I like it… especially later in the fall.”

And then they did.

No collusion though.

And don't forget all the classified documents ending up in the hands of foreign governments! No collusion, of course, just the biggest coincidence in the history of coincidences.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Trazz posted:

And don't forget all the classified documents ending up in the hands of foreign governments! No collusion, of course, just the biggest coincidence in the history of coincidences.

Strange how a ton of intelligence assets all started dying right around when Trump got access to them

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

The Bible posted:

I've said it before, but goddammit am I ever tired of our choices for leadership being only walking corpses who are literally just rotting before our eyes. How can this represent the future in any way?

Old guys running everything into the ground seems pretty en vogue for [waves hands everywhere]

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Staluigi posted:

Old guys running everything into the ground seems pretty en vogue for [waves hands everywhere]

Okay, sure, so let's stop electing them.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'll NEVER stop electing rich old white men. I'm doing it as a prank.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

mutata posted:

I'll NEVER stop electing rich old white men. I'm doing it as a prank.

Before Trump we had a string of relatively young presidents and that didn't always work out either.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
So apparently Carroll's lawyers are asking for even more money now based on what Trump said this weekend.

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/carrolls-lawyers-seek-more-money-for-trumps-statements-this-weekend

You dumb poo poo.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Lammasu posted:

Before Trump we had a string of relatively young presidents and that didn't always work out either.

True, but drat, at least they weren't literally one foot in the grave. They can't all be winners, but our odds would be just a little better with someone who didn't grow up during the Great Depression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Cimber posted:

So apparently Carroll's lawyers are asking for even more money now based on what Trump said this weekend.

https://www.meidastouch.com/news/carrolls-lawyers-seek-more-money-for-trumps-statements-this-weekend

You dumb poo poo.

Trump could be living in a cardboard box and he would still defame Carroll.