Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

moist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

euuuugh

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

hyphz posted:

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:chloe:

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hyphz posted:

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Hahahahaha

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Knees weak, arms are heavy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Foreign language is cool and all but the human condition is universal

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

thanks daiisuke for this silly comic 🙇‍♂️

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

he's pretty gross. uhh i mean good

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

hyphz posted:

EDF! EDF! EDF!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lol again

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Does that line have the same connotation in Japanese? Like calling someone super "sweaty" is calling them a tryhard.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

End of Page 46

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Not gonna lie those lips hit me every time.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

He's a rough 29

Nevil Maskelyne
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Lobe posted:

He's a rough 29

wait a second, gorou's actually going to come back into the story and affect tohru? this whole thing wasn't just a goofy nonsense tangent like the TV psychic???

amazing

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Nevil Maskelyne posted:

wait a second, gorou's actually going to come back into the story and affect tohru? this whole thing wasn't just a goofy nonsense tangent like the TV psychic???

amazing

Tohru is going to change the channel without ever realizing they play together.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Isn't Gorou's IGN "Gorou"? Perhaps he'll recognize him.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Cat Hatter posted:

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Mr. Lobe posted:

He's a rough 29

Pretty sure that's his high school photo which makes your comment even funnier lol

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Male Tiers posted:

Isn't Gorou's IGN "Gorou"? Perhaps he'll recognize him.

"But if he was arrested for killing his stepbrother and burning down the house, killing several others, because he could no longer play games online, then that couldn't be the same gorou! why, we were just playing yesterday when that thing killed me and I lost my silver drop"

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Cat Hatter posted:

Lol

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Cat Hatter posted:

"well, its a pretty common name" [said while eating his dad's food]

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
He confessed? When he knew he was destined for the chair before adding fleeing arrest and assault police to his rap? Was he trying to throw the investigation into disarray?

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Is this somehow technically NEET's fault? Like what was it that originally caused Gorou to get into an argument with his little brother? Something something, admonishing him for picking on Sara?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

hyphz posted:

He confessed?
The percentage of arrested people in Japan who are reported as confessing is very high.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I think I read somewhere that if you get a lawyer in Japan they mostly help you confess. Idk how true this is in reality, phoenix wright is the extent of my law knowledge

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

dirby posted:

The percentage of arrested people in Japan who are reported as confessing is very high.

The criminal justice system in Japan is kind of weird. Because I'm too lazy to type it all out myself, Wikipedia explains it thusly:

quote:

Japan has a conviction rate of over 99.8%, even higher than contemporary authoritarian regimes. The biggest reason for Japan's very high conviction rate is the country's low prosecution rate. Japanese prosecutors only pursue cases that are likely to result in convictions, and not many others. Only about 8% of cases are actually prosecuted, and this low prosecution rate is the reason for Japan's high conviction rate. The low rate of prosecution is due to excessive fear that prosecutors will lose the case and ruin their reputation.

Basically, Japanese prosecutors are so scared of losing a case that they only bring cases that they are guaranteed to win to trial. You guarantee a win by getting a confession. Without a confession, they might not win, so they don't prosecute. Having said that, Japanese police have been accused by the UN of using methods considered torture to extract a confession from the accused.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Appoda posted:

Is this somehow technically NEET's fault? Like what was it that originally caused Gorou to get into an argument with his little brother? Something something, admonishing him for picking on Sara?

No, NEET has no hand in this. This is all on gorou himself.

This all started when Sara said she needed to get ready for school and Gorou called her a scrub and told her to either quit gaming or quit school. Then Gorou murdered his stepbrother and set fire to the house, also killing their younger sister in the process.

He was so upset by this that he immediately went to his grandma's house to get back to playing the MMO and got into a shouting match with Hina and Sara. The rest is history...

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

PoundSand posted:

Does that line have the same connotation in Japanese? Like calling someone super "sweaty" is calling them a tryhard.

I doubt it. It would also be rather out of character for him to say something like that here. I'm also not sure I've heard anyone use that like that in English either, but maybe it's an Albany expression.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

new gang tag

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Amanuma just causes that on people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Can't wait to see if our prime shiftless gamer recognizes his murderous compatriot on TV.