Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1749188706668327410?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i don't think that is the first time this has happened.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Uh oh Granddads hit the sauce and not making sense again
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1747818968549634411

I was looking at the Mustang Eco boost a few months ago and now I constantly get facebook posts about EVs and I was taken aback by how many people just violently hate EVs. These people just think they're the worst, you're an idiot if you like them, they're ruining the country. Just ready to commit a hate crime because someone drives them. Completely unhinged and irrational behavior. Then I realized, oh wait, they've been listening to Trump.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Uhhhhh

https://twitter.com/LaughterHaver/status/1749128563737923935?s=20

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MrQwerty posted:

lol nobody trusts florida governors to be president

The funniest poo poo is that he’s at his term limit for governor so he can’t do anything else and he’s already proven he’s a wooden, unlikable weirdo so I have no idea what he’s gonna do. State senstor? Run for Congress?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

uber_stoat posted:

i don't think that is the first time this has happened.

yeah im pretty sure its not

you know he keeps the dolls

Frank Frank posted:

The funniest poo poo is that he’s at his term limit for governor so he can’t do anything else and he’s already proven he’s a wooden, unlikable weirdo so I have no idea what he’s gonna do. State senstor? Run for Congress?

running for his old congress seat would be very lol

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

ragnarokette posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but he basically had to do it that way since FL law prevented him from running for President right after Governor because reasons. He skipped around it by never doing a formal declaration that he was running despite appearing on one miserably failed ballot at least. If I'm not having my own Trump brain moment here I wouldn't be shocked if the lols continue and he eats a lawsuit on finance/campaign stuff as a cherry on top.

They changed the law to allow him to run but it turned into a real monkey's paw moment.

quote:

DeSantis signs bill allowing him to run for president without resigning
https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2023/05/24/desantis-president-resign-to-run-florida-governor/

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
It speaks volumes about the republican party that the objectively dumbest candidate whose momentum is driven by loud angry chaos and fueled by equally dumb supporters is the one that trounces everyone else and the majority of the party falls in line behind that person for no other reason than because of the god drat R next to the name.

In a better world the rest of the party would shun and shame him and he should have never qualified for any office ever. But welcome to the United States, where dumb people have the numbers to pull government down to their intellectual level.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Accipiter posted:

It speaks volumes about the republican party that the objectively dumbest candidate whose momentum is driven by loud angry chaos and fueled by equally dumb supporters is the one that trounces everyone else and the majority of the party falls in line behind that person for no other reason than because of the god drat R next to the name.

In a better world the rest of the party would shun and shame him and he should have never qualified for any office ever. But welcome to the United States, where dumb people have the numbers to pull government down to their intellectual level.

https://www.theonion.com/after-obama-victory-shrieking-white-hot-sphere-of-pure-1819595330

It's unfortunate when the Onion crosses over to actual journalism.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they tried so hard and Trump sort of accidentally squashed them.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Bill Mitchell looks like he's AI generated.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The media is reporting desantis isnt running for president anymore. This is fake news. Desantis is doing this so he can expose the Republican deep state propping up trunt

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

lol. The ny post had their own governor's race results as a footnote.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That one tweet about Trump calling him "Miss Florida" and wiping him off the map was so incredibly close to prophecy

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

LuckyCat posted:

“We prayed about it and decided that I’m the right person to lead this country.”

“We prayed about it and have decided to suspend the campaign and endorse Donald Trump.”

This “God” character should try to be a little clearer with his messaging.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

Love how they couldn’t spring a hundred bucks to have the Ukrainian match the US flag and just went with another clip art set instead.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Dismiss Bitch Mitchell at your peril, he had the Trumpvision before many

Sprenk
May 8, 2005

(not fat)
lol remember when Wrong DeSantis did an international tour, meeting with world leaders? I think it was before he even formally announced his campaign

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

what the gently caress is your avatar?

also lol trump.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sprenk posted:

lol remember when Wrong DeSantis did an international tour, meeting with world leaders? I think it was before he even formally announced his campaign

Yes.

He came to Japan and my Japanese coworkers were like "hey is this guy important?" And I got to lol at them.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Mokotow posted:

Love how they couldn’t spring a hundred bucks to have the Ukrainian match the US flag and just went with another clip art set instead.

it's less windy in Kyiv

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Meatball gleefully cheerleaded the torture of innocent prisoners in Gitmo, this humiliation isnt enough, but I celebrate it anyway. Get hosed bozo

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Has anyone made the grim reaper going down the hallway meme with this year's candidates yet?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

my cat is norris posted:

what the gently caress is your avatar?

also lol trump.

He’s gay for Shrek. You got a problem with that?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

so disney is going to desecrate his corpse now, huh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Buce posted:

New Disney Film to be 90 minutes of a child overcoming their fear of eating meatballs

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

muscles like this! posted:

Maybe if DeSantis had eked out a close loss he could have convinced the FL legislature to change the rules about him not being allowed to run again but he's got that loser stink on him now.

What he needs to do is get a menagerie of stinks, that's what Trump does and you can notice the loser stink but the piss, poo poo, and ketchup stenches may distract you

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Buce posted:

hang him in a gibbet from the Tower of Terror.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I looked and Bill Mitchell has already pivoted to "Trump is going to make him vice-president" and "He's going to be secretly running things behind the scenes with Trump just the figurehead" because "That's the only reason Desantis backed out. Nothing else makes sense".

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

After running the worst campaign of all time and dropping out in shame to lick the lifted shoes of Trump, he still has getting humiliated by Disney in court to look forward to.

And still later he gets term-limited out.

Good times.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Buce posted:

~1hr old:

Ron DeSantis' campaign was over when he decided to have a popularity contest against Mickey Mouse

https://www.businessinsider.com/desantis-campaign-disney-mickey-mouse-reedy-creek-2024-1

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Catastrophe posted:

~1hr old:

Ron DeSantis' campaign was over when he decided to have a popularity contest against Mickey Mouse

https://www.businessinsider.com/desantis-campaign-disney-mickey-mouse-reedy-creek-2024-1

i mostly agree but i think its also that he has 0 for charisma and trying to run on weird Nerd culture war poo poo.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Bill Mitchell definitely has Bed Bath and Beyond stock

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

No true Republican would abort a campaign! He was a rino, all along!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://www.businessinsider.com/ron-desantis-florida-power-gop-presidential-primary-blaise-ingoglia-2024-1&post-bottom-piano-recommendations

Another business insider.

Yeah I'm gonna have to Press X for DOUBT on this one. The lame duck loser with one of the biggest wastes of money campaigns and nowhere to go but leaving is going to wield power unchallenged? Hmm....

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

People hate losers and meatball don is the biggest loser Florida has seen since Jeb (or maybe Crist)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ron-desantis-florida-power-gop-presidential-primary-blaise-ingoglia-2024-1&post-bottom-piano-recommendations

Another business insider.

Yeah I'm gonna have to Press X for DOUBT on this one. The lame duck loser with one of the biggest wastes of money campaigns and nowhere to go but leaving is going to wield power unchallenged? Hmm....

yeah the dude lost biggly and his policys are scary money away and pissing money off. plus the just lovely policy in general

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This triple homicide's a real bummer, right? Anyway, here's Wonderwall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

3 people died in a home explosion? drat, here's my rendition of classical gas.