Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
like, 30-70% of chinese cooking, depending on region, goes in a wok, it's the least unitasking tool in the chinese kitchen besides maybe the chopsticks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

like, 30-70% of chinese cooking, depending on region, goes in a wok, it's the least unitasking tool in the chinese kitchen besides maybe the chopsticks

Why do you think we are talking about the wok

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
werent you talking about the wok burner? it's not essential for the wok but its nice

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

bird with big dick posted:

It’s not a unitasker you can also use it for crab boils or burning your deck down frying a turkey.

Hundreds of millions of people in China have special wok burners on their cooktops or they cook outside over a burning trash barrel.

You shan’t get any wok hei on a regular range. None. Zero. Not a hint. Not a smidgen. Might as well just boil your beef and broccoli.

I have one of these, bought it with much intention but its just so hard to care enough to bring it out...

Probably 10% of the people who buy a burner rig for wok hei are gonna use the thing. I myself have near infinite free time and money is no object, and I still can't bring myself to give a poo poo, I tried though.

KakerMix posted:

The guy saying to get a unitasker has not made anything edible in their life

BWBD doesn't like me for some reason, which is weird because we're like, the same dude, but he's probably the most dedicated home cook in this thread.

He did a stupid joke about sous vide and now a large percentage of the people in this thread legitimately think he's some kind of meme bad-cook now it's crazy... lol

I do think buying a dedicated wok setup is ridiculous unless you really loving know you'll use the poo poo out of it, which is like 0.1% of people, but he's right that it's dope. But the idea that this dude isn't pumping out great food is hilarious.

Taima fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 21, 2024

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I cooked bacon and eggs in my flat bottom Cantonese style wok this morning, ama

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
If you are really concerned about wok hei use your $11 wok and a $10 blowtorch you’ll be ok

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

i use my walmart wok on my lovely electric stove in my efficiency apartment and the food it makes is good

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
wok hei so what

This post brought to you by itt new usernames thread

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Got the kirkland signature pulled pork. Its a pro buy barely even needs sauce but I'm sure that Japanese bbq would be really good with it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Enos Cabell posted:

This.

Anyone try the banana nut bread yet? Looks promising.

Bought a loaf last week and really enjoyed it.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
Just got home. I got the cookie.

Initial thoughts:

This cannot possibly be for just one person.

I totally can see where the calorie count comes from. There is lots of butter in this and you know it.

I can't see myself getting it again.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

if you have a gas stove, and it’s not the kind where you can swap out one of the burners, a wokmon + a torch yields pretty good results

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I get the same results as the Wokmon by removing the top part of the burner. I also have a $10 round-bottom ring that fits my stove. Only problem is it’s a little cramped vertically with the microwave/hood over the stove.

I don’t cook anything that needs it lately though. Maybe I will this week.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
One of the last cans of the Kirkland sparkling water pack in the fridge only has a half fill or something. It’s sealed and clearly not full. Gonna take it to member services just for the hell of it.

The $50 memory foam dog bed has been well received, it pairs well with the family blanket he already has.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Don't get the authentic taste unless you're using a coal burner with hand cranked blower, smdh.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Wouldn't they sell much more cookies if they just did them half the size and for half price?

Soda and a dog or maybe we couldn't tempt you with a cookie?

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
I loving love the giant cookie

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

its costco it needs to be giant sized and more than what a single person needs

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
For my wok, in warm months, I just use my BBQ's side burner. It generates a lot of heat. In cold month, gently caress it using my electric stove. It's fine.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

So basically "thank you for coming to Costco, I love you" here's a 3 dollar cookie

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I assume Wendigee is used to a 99 cent carob chip cookie that tastes like sawdust so they got their eye on the value side of things from the Sam's Club parking lot

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Porfiriato posted:

There’s nothing wrong with going nuts on a big specialty wok burner if that’s your thing but saying you NEED something like that to make edible Chinese food is like an audiophile telling a casual music listener that your Sony headphones are useless garbage and you won’t hear the music properly on anything less than Bang and Olufsens.

heh, bang and olufsen, get a load of this guy

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

if you don’t need a waterfall to keep your wok burner from melting down what are you even doing with your life?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

TrashMammal posted:

if you don’t need a waterfall to keep your wok burner from melting down what are you even doing with your life?

https://x.com/ArkansasFred/status/1583163534145630208?s=20

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

been a hot minute since i’ve been to naples

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Mons Hubris posted:

I cook in a wok on induction all the time. No you don’t get wok hei but it’s really fine.

This is like saying you make love to your wife all the time but never get to ejaculate and it’s really fine.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Taima posted:

I have one of these, bought it with much intention but its just so hard to care enough to bring it out...

Probably 10% of the people who buy a burner rig for wok hei are gonna use the thing. I myself have near infinite free time and money is no object, and I still can't bring myself to give a poo poo, I tried though.

BWBD doesn't like me for some reason, which is weird because we're like, the same dude, but he's probably the most dedicated home cook in this thread.

He did a stupid joke about sous vide and now a large percentage of the people in this thread legitimately think he's some kind of meme bad-cook now it's crazy... lol

I do think buying a dedicated wok setup is ridiculous unless you really loving know you'll use the poo poo out of it, which is like 0.1% of people, but he's right that it's dope. But the idea that this dude isn't pumping out great food is hilarious.

I like you if it seemed like I don’t it’s probably just me being cranky that we can never be together.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

For the Seattle area people, I keep wondering if they were going after a Met Market "the Cookie" kind of thing but aren't quite hitting the target.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I made that connection and it’s definitely not as good as “the cookie”.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

frogbs posted:

Does anyone know if Costco carries batteries that aren't specifically for cars? I need a 120ah Sealed Lead Acid battery for a sump pump. I know I can get one from INterstate Battery, but it's like $300 there, was hoping Costco might have something cheaper. Should I just call the tire center?

I've seen golf cart batteries there but I have no idea if those are sealed or just regular vented lead acid.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

frogbs posted:

Does anyone know if Costco carries batteries that aren't specifically for cars? I need a 120ah Sealed Lead Acid battery for a sump pump. I know I can get one from INterstate Battery, but it's like $300 there, was hoping Costco might have something cheaper. Should I just call the tire center?

Are you looking for a regular battery or a deep-cycle? For an extended power outage, you're going to damage a regular battery by draining it dead - deep cycles are made for this purpose though.

I would still call and see if they have them, but I don't think they do.

You may also want to consider a LiFePO4 battery instead of Pb - these last 10+ years, don't burst into fiery inferno like Lithium Ions, are lighter weight, and are perfectly fine being deep cycled.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

something offal

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

don’t miss out on the wet meat cart if you’re ever in italy. it’s actually really good

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i finished that costco puzzle, what a goddamn nightmare. outside of a few small areas every single little area is different so you just have to pick up pieces one by one and find where they go

it was 1000 pieces though, they 500 piece version might be ok

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Anyone seen basketball hoops at Costco recently?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It's January Alan

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Homewood Costco, Pittsburgh, burnt my cookie.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Alan Smithee posted:

Anyone seen basketball hoops at Costco recently?

Wendigee posted:

It's January Alan

No he's right. Costco always has items for the season out well before that season starts. This week I saw two pallets of tennis balls out already. Maybe give it another month tho.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
They had Valentine's stuff up after Christmas, but before New year's at my church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Chinese Church cafeteria.