Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Where do I preorder this???

That is excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

Puddin posted:

Where do I preorder this???

That is excellent.

Just saw it on GunDamit for $109, with the suggested MSRP at like $40. I'm gonna wait until the scalpers chill out a little.

Skrillmub
Nov 22, 2007

joneswt posted:

Just saw it on GunDamit for $109, with the suggested MSRP at like $40. I'm gonna wait until the scalpers chill out a little.

The Gundamit price includes shipping, which is higher for heavier kits. That's why they can offer you free shipping, it's not free at all.
Their prices tend to be on par with most places plus/minus about 10% when you factor in shipping and taxes.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Lol at the non-Gundam head they're using as some kind of ward against evil spirits (Bandai legal division).

Finished this 'lil fella this week. MGSD is a really cool line, hope they keep it up.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Assembled grandpa, didn't glue anything this time

Only registered members can see post attachments!

joneswt
Feb 22, 2011

Picked up my first gunpla (a RG Zaku II) this past October and immediately fell in love with it. Quickly followed up with the HG Hy-Gogg, HG Dom Tropen, HG Ground Combat Gundam and HG Sazabi. Building up a healthy backlog now that I'm away on an extended work trip and can't build, and I'm looking to add to it with some Master Grades. I ordered a Grandpa 2.0 on usagundam and I'm looking at a MG Jegan and the Alex 2.0. Any other must-have Universal Century Master Grades?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

joneswt posted:

Picked up my first gunpla (a RG Zaku II) this past October and immediately fell in love with it. Quickly followed up with the HG Hy-Gogg, HG Dom Tropen, HG Ground Combat Gundam and HG Sazabi. Building up a healthy backlog now that I'm away on an extended work trip and can't build, and I'm looking to add to it with some Master Grades. I ordered a Grandpa 2.0 on usagundam and I'm looking at a MG Jegan and the Alex 2.0. Any other must-have Universal Century Master Grades?

The Jesta and the Sniper 2 are two of my picks. Lower price when in print, great details and articulation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I found myself a victim of Surugu-Ya

I've got HG Nu and Banshee Destroy on the way

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
It was pricey, but I love my MG Hyaku-Shiki 2.0

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

slapped together all the bits for the 30mm spinatio shogun tonight. it took more than 30 minutes but still extremely breezy. thinking I'm gonna customize it to be more of a beefy tanky boy than the base version you see on the box

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Buck Wildman posted:

slapped together all the bits for the 30mm spinatio shogun tonight. it took more than 30 minutes but still extremely breezy. thinking I'm gonna customize it to be more of a beefy tanky boy than the base version you see on the box

:sickos:

There's two accessory packs with a bunch of Samurai-themed weaponry, if you're not already aware of them. (Option Parts Sengoku Army, and Sengoku Armor)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

:sickos:

There's two accessory packs with a bunch of Samurai-themed weaponry, if you're not already aware of them. (Option Parts Sengoku Army, and Sengoku Armor)

he's got a lot of p nifty stuff right out of the box! bunches of optional parts and doodads so I'm still considering. I'll have some time to think because I've still got to finish lining/decals on my mg rex. getting backed up so I'll have to devote more time to it this week

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It was pricey, but I love my MG Hyaku-Shiki 2.0

I've only peeked in the box so far but it looks great

Though I heard something about not using particualar types of panel liner on the gold?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah panel liners will corrode the gold along the panel lines which can make it look extremely badass and weathered but not if you want to keep it shiny and new.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Buck Wildman posted:

he's got a lot of p nifty stuff right out of the box! bunches of optional parts and doodads so I'm still considering. I'll have some time to think because I've still got to finish lining/decals on my mg rex. getting backed up so I'll have to devote more time to it this week

Had a look at the kit myself, and looks like it actually comes with everything from the Sengoku Army weapon set AND the Armor set in the box. It's a pity you only get the one Big Shoulder in red though, because it's a really great hefty piece but won't limit posing angles too much.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

joneswt posted:

MG Acguy.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDT8XgE7zw0

e2: mine does not have the issues theirs does with the claws coming off

Kibner fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 22, 2024

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Zaku chonk, so what

This one had a much better fit compared to the last oldie I made. Still not near modern standards but I didn't need to file things down to have them line up. Joints are still rickety but the pegs for the limbs didn't need any work and did fit from the start. Obviously there were tons of seams and a fair number of them went through detail lines. I absolutely hate that and did spend a fair amount of time scribing them back in.

There's not much going on with this kit tbh. It has no equipment or gimmicks and very limited mobility. But I bought it because it's a weird Zaku so that's alright.

Let's imagine it floats through space. Free and chonky

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
It's really cool seeing people put together these ancient kits- what's the source on these usually? Surely they can't be reprinting them with any regularity and I would worry about the plastic getting brittle after they sit around for like 40 years

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's really cool seeing people put together these ancient kits- what's the source on these usually? Surely they can't be reprinting them with any regularity and I would worry about the plastic getting brittle after they sit around for like 40 years

The ones I have are from the Gundam Base in Odaiba/Diver City. They had a bunch of them so I'm assuming they must be making them in small batches especially for the gundam base.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

They do reprint them. There was a big reprint of Xabungle kits a year and change back, for example.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Monkey Fracas posted:

I don't know about reprints but I got my old kits through lucky finds on Ebay

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Got mine off Surugaya

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah Surugaya on a free shipping weekend is one of the best places to find old kits.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
My Moderoid collection grows, my Lio De Galon preorder arrived in my Private Warehouse! :shepspends:

Miiight also be getting two of the new 30MM thruster option sets with it...

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
What's with the GM type head on the knockoff Physalis? Don't tell me somebody was trying to mass produce that beast

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Feels like a 3rd Party "legally distinct" effort thst happens to look cool.

It's got some real Armored Core 6 Shade Eye vibes.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

A lot of neat design, especially for an HG, but at the same time it really constricts posing. You can only bend the arm at the elbow or else you'll send the cannon skyward, and something about how the legs connect to the waist forces the legs apart.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Arc Hammer posted:

Feels like a 3rd Party "legally distinct" effort thst happens to look cool.

It's got some real Armored Core 6 Shade Eye vibes.

this rules, "it's not our fault if our customers choose to build it with the illegal head"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

War and Pieces posted:

What's with the GM type head on the knockoff Physalis? Don't tell me somebody was trying to mass produce that beast

I get why they called it "Solomon" but my brain flipped a bit and now it just keeps hollering at me:

"Solomon Gundam, born on a Mondam"

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Solomon Gundam wants pants too!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

So, as it turns out:

The Extreme Gundam and the Heavyarms use the same arm socket, so if you want you can mix them for peak levels of dakka.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1750677499418390850?t=GcdkuWzMQHygcgsY3Hh4UA&s=19

Real Grade Force Impulse

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao they didn't even give the hero suit the rg treatment.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

lmao they didn't even give the hero suit the rg treatment.

Not yet. New RG molds are expensive, and the engineering is difficult. A more minor revision, though, is much easier to get made. It's like how Divers and Try only have MGs for supporting cast gundams.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My friends I am sad to say that Ikea has officially discontinued the Detolf. The hobby community mourns a hero.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

My friends I am sad to say that Ikea has officially discontinued the Detolf. The hobby community mourns a hero.

lol I just bought two for my new place, right under the buzzer it seems. searching "ikea detolf" links to the blaliden, which seems p much identical except for the metal corners where the detolf is just glass, and a different handle for the door

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I personally have a Milsbo, but you can't deny the Detolf was an icon.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

looking at reviews it sounds like the blaliden is smaller and non-adjustable, so lol. anyway, not even going to think of this as a problem until I fill the two I have and by then they'll have either changed their mind on discontinuing or I'm sure I can get something equivalent

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I have the opposite problem: a packed display cabinet with many, many kits in the backlog that won’t fit :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digihazard
Nov 2, 2010

If you place the milk in before the bag, I will kill you and your family while they sleep.
I picked up a Blaliden a couple of weeks back and while its WAY easier to build than the detolfs, it is smaller by a fair margin. They look pretty good though, I think I like them over the thick wood bits of the detolfs
edit: might as well be useful -

Digihazard fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jan 26, 2024