Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

LividLiquid posted:

Define "get deep?"

It's better for Daredevil (the character) if he doesn't ball someone in the jury on the case he's currently working. It's better for Daredevil (the book) if he does ball someone in the jury on the case he's currently working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
One of best scenes in Netflix DD was Matt questioning Frank in court and Frank slowly realizing who Matt actually is. I'm down for more courtroom drama like that.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Bring back Michael Mando for the legal storyline and set him up for Spider-Man 4.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Inkspot posted:

It's better for Daredevil (the character) if he doesn't ball someone in the jury on the case he's currently working. It's better for Daredevil (the book) if he does ball someone in the jury on the case he's currently working.
Could you rephrase this? I'm still lost.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
An entire season of Daredevil where Matt brings increasingly weak legal challenges to keep Fisk off the ballot for mayor.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I think it's fun that some MCU characters are just normal people outside their one weird trick. Loki noting to Sylvie that they are gods feels at least a little earned when you also have folks living less zany lives.

Even one of the more over-the-top characters of the Fantastic Four wind up in weird real-life situations like Reed having to play apartment complex owner, because of the way they wrote the FF's lives working off Reed's patents and the Baxter Building being their cool base and what have you.

Also I would totally enjoy the new SVU spin-off where instead of whatever the gently caress he is doing now, Elliot just gets bitten by a radioactive spider and he does cop stuff with increasingly bizarre bad guys. Ice-T would have some killer one-liners, I'm telling you :colbert:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

LividLiquid posted:

Could you rephrase this? I'm still lost.

If Matt Murdoch/Daredevil the person is caught beating up members of the Jury (because they're corrupt/secretly criminals) that could gently caress up his legal case, but for a narrative that is an interesting dilemma for him to deal with.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think the Netflix show did it pretty well? You were never watching 30 minutes of pure legal drama in a row, they'd always have another character doing other stuff and they'd cut between them or there'd be stuff like the episode they were defending the Punisher as someone else mentioned.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Yeah just tie the court room stuff into the broader plot! Fisk running for Mayor brings tons of opportunities to do that. The Punisher realizing who Matt was during the court room scene was amazing.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

DogsInSpace! posted:

I personally think that She Hulk could have done a decent job at that. My favourite episode is still when she goes to the retreat of the B tier (I’m probably being way over generous here) super villains.

As far as Daredevil goes - I know it’s not that exciting and kinda cliche but I’d love to see him occasionally realise punching goons isn’t always as effective as effective as being a good lawyer. It’s weird as I don’t have that much faith in any real life legal system but it would be nice to see Matt Murdock realise the system can still work. Again this is weird me saying this as it does NOT meet any of my real world feelings.

That was the major plot line of the Netflix season with The Punisher.

Matt literally has a long scene where he pulls a Dark Knight Rises and tries to get the police to take in The Punisher to show that people need to believe that the system is still capable of bringing people to justice so everyone doesn't become a vigilante like The Punisher and him.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lord_Magmar posted:

If Matt Murdoch/Daredevil the person is caught beating up members of the Jury (because they're corrupt/secretly criminals) that could gently caress up his legal case, but for a narrative that is an interesting dilemma for him to deal with.
I guess I just don't see how that's a reason not to do actual courtroom poo poo in a show about a vigilante lawyer.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

LividLiquid posted:

I guess I just don't see how that's a reason not to do actual courtroom poo poo in a show about a vigilante lawyer.

They still are. It just isn't a courtroom procedural show anymore.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They still are. It just isn't a courtroom procedural show anymore.
Is that really what it was? I just thought it was more of that than the old show, which is exactly what I wanted.

It was really perfunctory for the most part last time around. Hell, it was perfunctory in She/Hulk.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

They should make a special every year of She-Hulk and Matt Murdock litigating an issue raised by the conflict from one of the MCU movies that came out that year.

And keep the sexual tension between the two AT THE MAX

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

duck trucker posted:

They should make a special every year of She-Hulk and Matt Murdock litigating an issue raised by the conflict from one of the MCU movies that came out that year.

And keep the sexual tension between the two AT THE MAX

why would there be tension when she’s already hulked out on that rear end

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

LividLiquid posted:

Is that really what it was? I just thought it was more of that than the old show, which is exactly what I wanted.

It was really perfunctory for the most part last time around. Hell, it was perfunctory in She/Hulk.

That was what the Hollywood Reporter story on the newest changes said:

quote:

the retooling Born Again underwent as it was changed from a legal procedural to something that aims to harken back to the gritty and violent tone of that first well-regarded series.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
You guys ever watch the Alex Jones deposition videos that were released on YouTube? I did and I want to see C-List Spider-Man villains get interrogated and lose their poo poo just like that. Paste Pot Pete just ranting about Hillary Clinton when asked why he robbed a bank.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Tom Tucker posted:

The Punisher realizing who Matt was during the court room scene was amazing.

It's brought down some by "permission to treat the witness as hostile?"

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Marsupial Ape posted:

You guys ever watch the Alex Jones deposition videos that were released on YouTube? I did and I want to see C-List Spider-Man villains get interrogated and lose their poo poo just like that. Paste Pot Pete just ranting about Hillary Clinton when asked why he robbed a bank.

I just started working on Daredevil and know literally NOTHING about the franchise or characters or show. Mostly I just listen to Knowledge Fight while working so if the show delivers any of that sweet sweet deposition energy I may actually watch it.

Scam Likely fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 23, 2024

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

gently caress it, just re-enact all the deleted courtroom scenes from the Affleck Daredevil movie. RIP Coolio

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Marsupial Ape posted:

I'm drawing a blank, does the MCU contain actual real life public figures? She-hulk kinda blurred the line between real world nonsense with the incellosphere coming after her, but the world-building doesn't contain real people like Hillary, right?

Although I guess the comic universe has had mecha-Stalin and Hitler, who are least historical figures.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

That was the major plot line of the Netflix season with The Punisher.

Matt literally has a long scene where he pulls a Dark Knight Rises and tries to get the police to take in The Punisher to show that people need to believe that the system is still capable of bringing people to justice so everyone doesn't become a vigilante like The Punisher and him.

Oh god. I thought I just remembered a couple of comic arcs but that happened on one of the shows? <sigh>

I still wouldn’t mind seeing it now and then. Queue some new lame super hero who defeats Ultron because his day job is IT janitor and he turns the main avengers server off and on. His name will be Son of Triathalon.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Wilson Fisk finally and totally defeated because his new layer, Rose II, accidentally forwarded ALL the texts and vids of crimes to Matt Murdock and Foggy. Matt tried to let them know they sent it to him and they had 30 days to respond but somehow… just didn’t respond so Matt gets to use it all as evidence for the prosecution.

Wilson Fisk somehow still not in jail but decides to make videos about how Steve Rogers is a secret Atlantean and plotting an undersea invasion - please buy these patriot survival packs for 599.99

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rappaport posted:

I'm drawing a blank, does the MCU contain actual real life public figures? She-hulk kinda blurred the line between real world nonsense with the incellosphere coming after her, but the world-building doesn't contain real people like Hillary, right?

Although I guess the comic universe has had mecha-Stalin and Hitler, who are least historical figures.

Barack Obama is canonically a one-term President in the MCU who was driven out of office by Matthew Ellis after America turned on him for failing to protect New York from alien invasion.

Megan Thee Stallion, AC/DC, Steve Jobs, Jesus Christ, Kurt Cobain, Elon Musk, Sylvester Stallone, Albert Einstein, Alyssa Milano, Adolph Hitler, Kevin Bacon, Jackson Pollack, and Black Sabbath all appear as themselves or are name dropped.

Edit: There are also multiple "Make America Great Again" references, so either Ronald Reagan or Donald Trump also exist, but neither of them are explicitly mentioned.

And D.B. Cooper is real, but he was canonically Loki in disguise.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jan 23, 2024

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Barack Obama is canonically a one-term President in the MCU who was driven out of office by Matthew Ellis after America turned on him for failing to protect New York from alien invasion.

Megan Thee Stallion, AC/DC, Steve Jobs, Jesus Christ, Kurt Cobain, Elon Musk, Sylvester Stallone, Albert Einstein, Alyssa Milano, Adolph Hitler, Kevin Bacon, Jackson Pollack, and Black Sabbath all appear as themselves or are name dropped.

Edit: There are also multiple "Make America Great Again" references, so either Ronald Reagan or Donald Trump also exist, but neither of them are explicitly mentioned.

And D.B. Cooper is real, but he was canonically Loki in disguise.

You forgot Kyra Sedgwick! Also, Led Zeppelin in Far From Home (who Peter thought AC/DC was).

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Apparently Reagan made his first appearance on The Fantastic Four in the 70's, so maybe he's just grandfathered into the MCU's past or cultural lexicon. And because of course there is a fandom wiki list about this, apparently a lot of POTUSes are Marvel comics characters, too.

The X-men movies aren't MCU, but they did have a weirdly portly Nixon as a bad guy.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I went to find a clip of the old X-Presidents cartoon from SNL but holy poo poo those have not aged well at all

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Rumors this afternoon that Wilson Bethel will also be returning as Bullseye for Born Again.

Wonder if their filming schedule change might now accommodate original Vanessa's return.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Teek posted:

Rumors this afternoon that Wilson Bethel will also be returning as Bullseye for Born Again.

Wonder if their filming schedule change might now accommodate original Vanessa's return.

They already shot a lot of stuff before rebooting the show, so I’m not sure they’d change actresses again

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If nothing else I’m glad that they are more or less trying to make this into a 4th season of the Netflix Daredevil show

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Man the Netflix daredevil show ruled. I’m suppressing a lot of the stuff that didn’t work like Electra but how do you go about making a goofy rear end villain like Bullseye menacing? The scene where he’s basically hunting Matt in the press office in the daredevil suit was so good.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Elektra was fine, just in a season where she could never reach the heights they got to with Punisher. It was the Hand that the show fumbled, as did Defenders, because they didn't have the money or the guts to lean full ninja.

I would not mind at all if they bring her back (even if it's just for some flashback stuff) to do a "this time the ninjas have a dragon and they loving own" mini arc. Just tie it all up properly. And gently caress it, pay off the tease where they showed Frank with a minigun and a rooftop full of ninjas that he somehow didn't hose down with the aforementioned minigun.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
What was the whole deal with the pit below Midland Circle they were digging again? Something about a dragon being buried there long ago?

New York being menaced by a literal dragon would make for a pretty climatic season finale, and probably still count as just street-level stuff by New York standards at this point.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Slashrat posted:

What was the whole deal with the pit below Midland Circle they were digging again? Something about a dragon being buried there long ago?

New York being menaced by a literal dragon would make for a pretty climatic season finale, and probably still count as just street-level stuff by New York standards at this point.

They were vying for control of dragon bones under the city because the Hand's immortality/resurrection juice is made from dragon bones.

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Parkingtigers posted:

I would not mind at all if they bring her back (even if it's just for some flashback stuff) to do a "this time the ninjas have a dragon and they loving own" mini arc. Just tie it all up properly. And gently caress it, pay off the tease where they showed Frank with a minigun and a rooftop full of ninjas that he somehow didn't hose down with the aforementioned minigun.

This guy gets it

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Cythereal posted:

They were vying for control of dragon bones under the city because the Hand's immortality/resurrection juice is made from dragon bones.

This, but also the bones are propping up Manhattan and if they dig too much 5th avenue will collapse or something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Hobo Clown posted:

I went to find a clip of the old X-Presidents cartoon from SNL but holy poo poo those have not aged well at all

Yea they were too nice to them.

Also MCU Elon Musk makes weapons for Hydra. At first he was all "Oh I didn't know it was Hydra" and now he's all "Red Skull did nothing wrong".

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CfSmc3K23U

Nice 6 mins behind the scenes of that goodass fight from Echo episode 1.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Slashrat posted:

And it'd finally give Shang-Chi something to do.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Hoping they replace the actor who played Danny rand, the immortal iron fist, defender of kun lun, with anyone who can do martial arts and act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Hoping they replace the actor who played Danny rand, the immortal iron fist, defender of kun lun, with anyone who can do martial arts and act.

They did. Her name is Colleen Wing.