Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Arrath posted:

In the meantime I continue to assemble belt driven monstrosities in my Create: A&B run.
If you've having trouble with dense belts networks, or vertical movement, don't forget the drawer controllers or sophisticated storage controllers, which you can use to let a given chest be in effectively two places at once (up to 16 blocks for Sophisticated, not sure on Functional)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat, this is a nice render distance mod. with some caveats, but still, really impressive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3uKHp1Y94&hd=1

I can't use it right now, computer's just a bit too old for it, but I'm sure gonna try it out when I get around to upgrading my PC.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

drat, fabric mod. Looks real nice, though.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
drat, I thought this was just the Distant Horizons mod again but it's another contender? Modding is blowing up lately in terms of performance.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It looks considerably better than Distant Horizons too. I’ve been meaning to give Fabric a real try but I never find a good sink mod pack that have nearly as many features as to what you can get away with using Forge.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
There is a certain appeal to having LoD renders distant chunk as a single block

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zereth posted:

If you've having trouble with dense belts networks, or vertical movement, don't forget the drawer controllers or sophisticated storage controllers, which you can use to let a given chest be in effectively two places at once (up to 16 blocks for Sophisticated, not sure on Functional)

Well that's certainly handy, thank you!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Arrath posted:

Well that's certainly handy, thank you!
If you need it to be in more than two places, Functional Storage has "storage controller extensions" but they're like. radiant or plastic machine tier, IIRC, so a lot more of a pain to get than the basic controllers for Sophisticated Storage and Functional Storage. You can of course link multiple chests to one Sophisticated Storage controller but that's more useful for sending several inputs to the same place when dealing with belt networks, I think getting it to sort stuff to specific locations is more suited to the drawers.

And before you get clever and set up a bunch of Sophisticated Storage chests with a controller and a Tinkers crafting station next to the controller, the crafting station has trouble seeing anything in the Sophisticated chest network that's stacked up more than usual with a stack upgrade, annoyingly. But it can find them if you have enough in your inventory to craft the thing and then you shift-click the recipe add button in JEI and now it's got full stacks of all ingredients. :shrug: Pointing an Applied Energistics external storage bus thingy at the controller works fine, though. (I mean, aside from the powering-it problems I had, we need to reorganize a lot on my server.)

Zereth fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jan 22, 2024

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Is this too blatant?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Black Pants posted:

Is this too blatant?

Blightfall reference?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Black Pants posted:

Is this too blatant?

It's pretty on the nose but I doubt most will get it by now.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
It's perfect

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
It's good.

Lester
Sep 17, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

drat, I thought this was just the Distant Horizons mod again but it's another contender? Modding is blowing up lately in terms of performance.

Not really a competitor. Distant Horizons can still get you a much farther view distance than Nvidium, and they work just fine together.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Currently at least the planets are just one-thing diversions though. You go there, see a minor spectacle I built, find and collect the thing you went there to get, and then come home. They are supposed to be hellscapes of varying degrees so I didn't want to force the player to try sticking around on them too long, but I wanted fun little diversions as a way to obtain some particular materials.

Also, I found a mod that lets me place Bioshock style voice+text logs around the place.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 22, 2024

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

Speaking of slamming my way though things....

I can make water from water, which I can then turn into energy.

INFINITE ENERGY

Oh hey, reminds me of when power crystals came out with the first gen of power converters that included a water generator.

Pump water in for ec and a screenie of it drove the buildcraft guy bat poo poo into breaking everything.

Black Pants posted:

Currently at least the planets are just one-thing diversions though. You go there, see a minor spectacle I built, find and collect the thing you went there to get, and then come home. They are supposed to be hellscapes of varying degrees so I didn't want to force the player to try sticking around on them too long, but I wanted fun little diversions as a way to obtain some particular materials.

Also, I found a mod that lets me place Bioshock style voice+text logs around the place.

If you want any readings done id be up for doing va.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

StealthArcher posted:

Oh hey, reminds me of when power crystals came out with the first gen of power converters that included a water generator.

Pump water in for ec and a screenie of it drove the buildcraft guy bat poo poo into breaking everything.

If you want any readings done id be up for doing va.

I remember that, it was a glorious poo poo storm of everyone saying "Hey! You can't do that!"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
cuboid outpost was pretty neat.

anyone who finished it keep going? i beat the quest line but i feel like i might just keep that instance around and plonk around in it when i feel the need to minecraft. probably helps that it runs really well. i doubt it'll get an updates at this point?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Okay so I have an extremely basic GT:NH question that's no doubt been asked a million times.
For context: I've been trying to beeline early LV machines to reduce the cost of basic parts. I have the steam turbine, a wiremill and a bender and I'm working on a lathe, at that point I should be basically set with not wasting resources. May get an LV macerator just for the sake of speed because I need to macerate goddamn everything. I have the starter coal boiler and a railcraft tank for steam and I've been running all my machines off just that so far pretty well, though I do occasionally have to leave it chunkloaded in low output mode (i.e. just running the macerator) while I go mining with my tinker's hammer. I have minimal steam machines, just what you need to reach this point I think: a compressor, extractor, macerator, forge hammer, alloy smelter, and I think that's all? So very low power production but also pretty low consumption. Got a single railcraft coke oven and just ground through a ton of gypsum, brick, and calcite to make a second (shared-wall) brick blast furnace to double my painfully slow steel output.

All that to say I'm finally going to be stepping up power production, and my intent was to make a 2x2x2 solid fuel steam boiler, but now that I'm in early LV I wonder if it might not be wiser to head for a more advanced power production? I haven't seen much talk about the semi-fluid fuel generator, the one that turns creosote directly into electricity, and especially with the charcoal pile igniter I think I could keep up with anything that needs charcoal/solid fuel, so I'm not sure where to go.
Is the return on these not great? Should I stick to steam for now and only upgrade to newer power gens later, or am I in a position I could feasibly skip the line and go right to more electrical output? I know there's a ton of possible options right now but the wiki guide basically says "i dunno choose whatever you want" without giving much guidance. Not at a position to be refining oil or anything yet, but I guess I'd prefer to lean towards anything that's more self sufficient. I have functionally infinite wood, at least.
Thanks in advance, just sorta paralyzed by options.

Light Gun Man posted:

cuboid outpost was pretty neat.

anyone who finished it keep going? i beat the quest line but i feel like i might just keep that instance around and plonk around in it when i feel the need to minecraft. probably helps that it runs really well. i doubt it'll get an updates at this point?
I beat it but felt pretty content stopping once I hit the end of the main line. I do like the way it was so generous with resource production in a no-nonsense way and I wish more modpacks would go "okay you have [whatever insane amount] of this resource let's just call it infinite". I get why they don't, but it's such a relief.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'm definitely not the most experienced with GTNH but in my last playthrough that stopped mid-HV, I scaled up my steam production for a lot of LV. I made a bunch of steel solar boilers and a huge railcraft iron tank that could store about 2 million steam and attached everything to it, but I didn't have massive amounts of automation going on so that probably helped me meet my demands. It held me off until I managed to start full oil processing, after which point I scaled back how much stuff was relying on the steam power. By MV I was set with light fuel production, and by HV I was producing Diesel. I'd recommend doing whatever you need to supply power to yourself until you have the infrastructure in place to do oil byproducts or biofuel, even if it includes making more steam production you may ultimately stop using. Even in HV I still kept around a couple LV machines attached to my steam tank that really didn't need to be upgraded to the new electricity tier, mostly to save on circuit components.

Iron tank components become a lot cheaper as you scale up too, so keep checking recipes to see if you can produce them more efficiently with new tiers of assemblers.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Vib Rib posted:

Okay so I have an extremely basic GT:NH question that's no doubt been asked a million times. -snip-

Here's my opinions on all of that. Note that this is my preference; YMMV.

I don't like the LV lathe. It is only good for reducing the costs of steel rods, but it is SO SLOOOOOW at it. (So is reprocessing the steel dust in the smeltery.) Make it if a part of your soul dies because you spent 0.5 ingots more of a material than you needed to, otherwise, skip it.

Don't make the LV macerator at all. Instead, make the steam grinder. It's a GT++ steam-tier multiblock, and can do multiple recipes at a time. It needs special steam-tier buses, don't try to use the normal ones by mistake. The steam grinder will carry you to HV.

In terms of LV machines to make next: I recommend gritting your teeth and cranking out the LV assembler. It's expensive, but it unlocks so many utility recipes, as well as the Twilight Forest. Then, make the mixer; the combination of the two lets you make half-price bricked blast furnaces to increase steel production. (Make sure to only use coal coke or else you are spending +50% time per steel ingot. Pair coke ovens 1:1 with BBFs making coal coke. Blocks of fuel are good too; they are more fuel efficient and compress the tiny dusts into regular dusts, decreasing the amount of micromanagement.) I usually have a total of four BBFs and I keep them burning until I can make and afford to power two HV energy hatches on an EBF.

In terms of power, I really dislike the Railcraft multiblock boilers. They have a heat system that penalizes you heavily for neglecting to constantly fuel the boiler, even when you don't need the steam. It's too much commitment. I prefer high-pressure solar boilers to get through LV. Opening the twilight forest (LV assembler) will let you mine silver on purpose, which radically decreases the effort to spam solars.) Be careful with water on these; they heat up fast and if you have some creaky-rear end wooden pipe filling them, they might explode. Place the solars directly adjacent to a vertical wall of a railcraft wooden water tank for best results; it automatically ejects water into any valid fluid tank it touches.

Once you have a large surplus of steel, you can start working on light fuel production, which is the best way to power the Electric Blast Furnace. There are a lot of power choices, but oil is the undisputed king of early-game. Oil will carry you through EV to early IV, at which point nitrobenzene outclasses it severely.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zereth posted:

If you need it to be in more than two places, Functional Storage has "storage controller extensions" but they're like. radiant or plastic machine tier, IIRC, so a lot more of a pain to get than the basic controllers for Sophisticated Storage and Functional Storage. You can of course link multiple chests to one Sophisticated Storage controller but that's more useful for sending several inputs to the same place when dealing with belt networks, I think getting it to sort stuff to specific locations is more suited to the drawers.

And before you get clever and set up a bunch of Sophisticated Storage chests with a controller and a Tinkers crafting station next to the controller, the crafting station has trouble seeing anything in the Sophisticated chest network that's stacked up more than usual with a stack upgrade, annoyingly. But it can find them if you have enough in your inventory to craft the thing and then you shift-click the recipe add button in JEI and now it's got full stacks of all ingredients. :shrug: Pointing an Applied Energistics external storage bus thingy at the controller works fine, though. (I mean, aside from the powering-it problems I had, we need to reorganize a lot on my server.)

I'm just gonna nod along like half of that made sense aaaand go Google some mod wikis.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Arrath posted:

I'm just gonna nod along like half of that made sense aaaand go Google some mod wikis.

Have you ever wanted to pipe/hopper/whatever items into or out of more than one chest at a time? That's what the controllers do. Make one and a linking tool and fiddle with it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zereth posted:

Have you ever wanted to pipe/hopper/whatever items into or out of more than one chest at a time? That's what the controllers do. Make one and a linking tool and fiddle with it.

I shall absolutely look into it, so far I've hardly dabbled with basic tier storage drawers. Thanks for the pointers

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Arrath posted:

I shall absolutely look into it, so far I've hardly dabbled with basic tier storage drawers. Thanks for the pointers
Sophisticated Storage is the one that lets you upgrade chests to iron chests and such in the Arcane Engineering pack, and also put upgrades in chests. Stack Upgrades, specifically, let you put more of an item in one slot, and the first level is a basic blank upgrade plus 8 logs so it's pretty easy to use them for basic storage. Eventually you can get a lot of stuff in a slot. Plus you can upgrade chests in place, so you can expand your starting "bunch of chests" storage over time without having to pull everything out to put in different storage.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zereth posted:

Stack Upgrades, specifically, let you put more of an item in one slot, and the first level is a basic blank upgrade plus 8 logs so it's pretty easy to use them for basic storage.

Well poo poo that blew my mind.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Arrath posted:

Well poo poo that blew my mind.
I believe they work multiplicatively so you can get huge amounts (of the same item) into one slot with like, several diamond-tier upgrades.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Hey, thank you both for these. What I'm getting is: I should scale up steam production as needed, and lean on that until I can beeline hard into the combustion generators. Basic gas turbine and semi-fluid generator don't seem that worth using.
Also creosote looks mostly worthless, no reason to not dump the excess at the moment.
Skip the LV lathe and macerator, focus on assembler.

So regarding my main question on power, I'm not nearly far enough to jump to pure electric power and should stick to upping steam gen in the immediate future, look to oil by late LV/mid MV.

E: I made a single high power boiler to add to my simple coal boiler and now I can't spend steam fast enough. I guess I only needed a tiny boost, at least for now. Was cheap to make too!

Vib Rib fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 23, 2024

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
At that point creosote is best used to turn into lubricant, which makes some recipes cheaper, and opens up others.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Excess creosote is an excellent vanilla furnace fuel. One bucket smelts 32 items. But, yeah, other than saving some for your first lubricant, feel free to void it.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
I made an absolutely monster array in my GTNH world of 64 self-sufficient coke ovens that created enough creosote run a 2x2x3? HP boiler iirc.

It was wildly overkill but it was nice to never worry about charcoal/creosote or steam.

Infinite lubricant was also real nice.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Vib Rib posted:

Hey, thank you both for these. What I'm getting is: I should scale up steam production as needed, and lean on that until I can beeline hard into the combustion generators. Basic gas turbine and semi-fluid generator don't seem that worth using.
Also creosote looks mostly worthless, no reason to not dump the excess at the moment.
Skip the LV lathe and macerator, focus on assembler.

So regarding my main question on power, I'm not nearly far enough to jump to pure electric power and should stick to upping steam gen in the immediate future, look to oil by late LV/mid MV.

So to expand more on this, steam is totally viable for LV into MV as long as you build it and don't limp along with a couple of small boilers. I've done a couple different strategies for steam, but my go to setup is high pressure solar boilers. Make that assembler and get to the twilight forest for silver. Each HP Solar boiler is 9 eu/t worth of steam, so 4 of them can run any LV machine (30.6 eu/t after the 85% turbine efficiency). I'm in a 90% humidity biome so 1 railcraft tank can support ~9 HP solars. I just finished setting up my final steam power hub which is a 7x7x7 railcraft iron tank (5 million steam buffer) fed by 28 HP solar boilers and 4 railcraft tanks. 214 eu/t will be enough to run the EBF and my machine stack.

Combustion generators are fabulous but will destroy your steel supplies so you'll really want a quad BBF. A single generator is like 50 steel depending on your material efficiency, plus you need a distillery, chemical reactor, a source of hydrogen (electrolyser or centrifuge) to even make the fuel, and a pump and a stack of mining pipe to pull the oil up from a spout.

A note about the assembler - almost everything can be made with this machine. Some things like motors and pumps aren't any more efficient, but so, so many items have improved recipes. Chests for 2 logs + 2 planks, railcraft tanks for iron rods + glue + wooden frame boxes, and the components for circuits are VASTLY cheaper. Get a centrifuge for glue and a fluid extractor for fluid red alloy so you can make your circuit boards, resistors, and vacuum tubes in the assembler. Circuits are much less painful to make when you can batch craft components.

Finally, don't sleep on the Arc Furnace. It needs 3 amps of power so you either need 3 turbines or a battery buffer, but access to easy wrought iron and annealed copper is worth it. Using annealed copper doubles the yield of resistors and vacuum tubes in the assembler, and has lower cable loss than normal copper for when you get to MV.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah, I'm just post-assembler so I'm currently looking over all the recipes I was ignoring and looking for new conveniences. Seems super useful! Really impressed at the circuit stuff alone but ladders and so many others are great to see. And I appreciate all the advice about scaling up steam production, feels like a good way to go.

Two questions: Any options for transporting irregular fluids at this stage without just piping them directly between blocks? I see stuff like liquid glue used in a lot of assembler recipes and the amounts aren't bucket perfect of course. Just wondering if I'll need to extract that directly or if there's some better way of moving it around and feeding it into machines.
Also, when do I spec into electrical power storage? I'm used to that being available off the jump with Omnifactory as my main (recent) experience with GT, but it looks like this'll be post-Twilight Forest?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

gregtech cells (and large steel cells, large aluminium etc) can be used for manual fluid transfer

and generally speaking you don't bank power at this point in the game, you bank fuel (e.g. tank of steam, light fuel, diesel etc). at low voltages, batteries are best used as buffers rather than actual long-term bulk power storage

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Vib Rib posted:

Also, when do I spec into electrical power storage? I'm used to that being available off the jump with Omnifactory as my main (recent) experience with GT, but it looks like this'll be post-Twilight Forest?

To add to what Inexplicable Humblebrag said, cables have too much line loss in early game to make battery storage worth it. Battery buffers also have a generator tax of their own, which can screw you over for your first EBF if you aren't compensating for it. Rather than use batteries, use fluid pipes. Post-TF, potin pipes are made from literal garbage and have very decent flow rates. This allows pipes to be used as "zero-loss cables." It doesn't work very well for steam, but oil-based fuels and even benzene have radically increased energy density, and thus work great for this.

This pattern continues until around EV, when three things happen.

* Cables finally stop losing most of their voltage to line loss. Line loss is largely static at 1-2 EU/t per block, but the difference between the cable's voltage and the required voltage to run machines is now large enough that you can afford to run cables around. An aluminium cable transports 2048 EU/t, and EV machines use at most 1920 EU/t, which affords you 128 cables before the line loss affects what you do.

* Generators become stupid. Before EV, all generators are smart -- they perfectly ration fuel and only work when their power is needed. EV+ generators are dumbfire -- they burn fuel constantly and don't shut off unless you have circuitry to tell them to shut off. The most common method to control EV+ generators is an RS Latch, which requires reading a central power storage to make decisions on whether to turn the generators on.

* The Lapotronic Super Capacitor unlocks (well, it's late EV, but technically still true.) The LSC is the end-game power storage device, and is probably the single most important multiblock in the game. I build my base with an LSC at the center. Before the LSC, use a battery buffer with lapotron crystals. You can recycle the lapotron crystals directly into LSC capacitors (and get x6 power storage per crystal for your trouble.)

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Vib Rib posted:

Two questions: Any options for transporting irregular fluids at this stage without just piping them directly between blocks? I see stuff like liquid glue used in a lot of assembler recipes and the amounts aren't bucket perfect of course. Just wondering if I'll need to extract that directly or if there's some better way of moving it around and feeding it into machines.

At some point soon, I think early MV because of the electrolyzer, you'll be able to make borosilicate dust. This allows you to make Volumetric Flasks, which will mop up any amount of leftover fluid sitting in a tank that's not a round 1000mB or 144mB. They're super handy and I kept a few of them on hand. That said, Refined Glue is not very hard to make, so don't be afraid to void it by picking up a machine. I ended up making an assembler dedicated to glue recipes at some point, and you might do that with certain machines as well. It sucks to build multiple assemblers at the LV stage, but once you're in MV it's not as bad to go back and build a random LV machine.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Last Gasp report back so far.

I am sitting at here in the quest log

I have access to 10/10/10 seeds for all but 2 of the magical agriculture seeds I have made, it looks like I'm moving on to gas and maybe power soon?

Making the magician's orb required what felt like way more capacity runes than it should have, the 10 you make for the quest seemed like it should have been enough (10k base, 20k from 10 runes =30k which is 5k more than the 25k the recipe book says it takes) but it wasn't enough so I kept slowly making more of them until I got frustrated and cheated in several just to be sure it could even be done (it was).

Cannot figure out how to seal up this other room, used stone and the glass from all over the outside of the station and its still a vacuum in here, have no idea how im supposed to really troubleshoot this.

Having fun, excited for what I see you are cooking up, kinda wish there was more storage options at this point but I am a baby who hates juggling several chests.

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc

Ash Rose posted:

Last Gasp report back so far.

I am sitting at here in the quest log

I have access to 10/10/10 seeds for all but 2 of the magical agriculture seeds I have made, it looks like I'm moving on to gas and maybe power soon?

Making the magician's orb required what felt like way more capacity runes than it should have, the 10 you make for the quest seemed like it should have been enough (10k base, 20k from 10 runes =30k which is 5k more than the 25k the recipe book says it takes) but it wasn't enough so I kept slowly making more of them until I got frustrated and cheated in several just to be sure it could even be done (it was).

Cannot figure out how to seal up this other room, used stone and the glass from all over the outside of the station and its still a vacuum in here, have no idea how im supposed to really troubleshoot this.

Having fun, excited for what I see you are cooking up, kinda wish there was more storage options at this point but I am a baby who hates juggling several chests.

That's because your middle ring of runes are doing nothing. It's the 8 around the altar, then an air gap, then the 4 sets of 5.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

immoral_ posted:

That's because your middle ring of runes are doing nothing. It's the 8 around the altar, then an air gap, then the 4 sets of 5.

...Ah. Ok in my defense the book from the mod reads:

quote:

(the only exception to this is at Tier 2 you cannot use the corner runes as upgrade runes - T3 onwards you can use these)"

Which... on what planet would you assume those runes to be "corner runes"? I figured it meant the spot under the pillars in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Vib Rib posted:

Yeah, I'm just post-assembler so I'm currently looking over all the recipes I was ignoring and looking for new conveniences. Seems super useful! Really impressed at the circuit stuff alone but ladders and so many others are great to see. And I appreciate all the advice about scaling up steam production, feels like a good way to go.

You can get batteries once you hit the twilight forest for lead (plus antimony from the nether). You'll need either sodium from salt electrolysis or lithium from centrfuging lepidolite/spodumene. Lithium has twice the capacity but in LV is way harder to get in quantity. It will still be better to moce fuel around rather than power for a very long time.

For fluids, make a pile of ULV fluid tanks as they are stupidly cheap to craft and keep inventory when broken. Then make a handful of large steel fluid cells to complement the stacks of normal empty cells you need. Regular empty cells can only store full units (1k for fluids, 144 for molten metals) , but the large cells can store any random amount and so are essential for moving things like glue around.