Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Speaking of the election, anyone remember that Ron…I wanna say… Dentis or DeSantos (?) guy? I think he was a Florida senator and I could’ve sworn he was running for president at some point. Whatever became of that guy? I just remember something about him selling boots or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

mannerup posted:

https://twitter.com/margommartin/status/1749183820186652696

he gets a brief reprieve from the nickname for bending the knee (for now)

That is the most human I've ever seen him act in, like, forever. He puts the emphasis on "retired" in the right way.

DeSantis bending the knee is the gift that keeps giving :allears:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mons Hubris posted:

I think his point is “Someone else, certainly not me, may someday do bad things as president, but that’s the risk we have to take in giving me immunity for my crimes.”

I think the rant was supposed to be something something qualified immunity, if cops think they can get in trouble doing their honest best then they won't even try etc etc

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

Frankly I’m surprised that he gave up this quick, considering he wasn’t totally blown the gently caress out in Iowa like the other quitters were

Almost certainly had no choice. His campaign lost momentum months ago, like that his last donor(s) made it clear that if he couldn't show good performance in Iowa they were out.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Steadiman posted:

Speaking of the election, anyone remember that Ron…I wanna say… Dentis or DeSantos (?) guy? I think he was a Florida senator and I could’ve sworn he was running for president at some point. Whatever became of that guy? I just remember something about him selling boots or something

I heard he got bit by a public domain cartoon rat, something along those lines

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Tree Bucket posted:

My cognitive impairment has people answering a lot of questions already by my shirt cognitive folks impairment don't we

:lolrudy:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Ron is gonna make an excellent Secretary of Transportation

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

adding to those punitive damages
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749236947862933681

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

The Bible posted:

He's going for "You want me on that wall! You need me on that wall!", but he probably doesn't know that reference because that movie didn't have explosions every three minutes. his national security advisor didn't write a one paragraph summary of the plot with the word TRUMP sprinkled throughout in bold.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R405XAd7gvw

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749235225362886701

Trump is just full on leaning into "I'm a criminal, but it's cool. Like a priest that rapes children."

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

The Bible posted:

He's going for "You want me on that wall! You need me on that wall!", but he probably doesn't know that reference because that movie didn't have explosions every three minutes.

I don't think current-day Trump could even survive sitting through A Few Good Men. He would for sure pop an aneurysm in pure white anger.

012124_6
Jan 22, 2024

the sound of system threatening dementia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCnCMHNyny8

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

President Eric Cartman

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Lazyfire posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he or his wife didn't get cabinet positions promised out of this.
I highlighted the most important word in this sentence. Trump's a fickle bitch that lives for drama and will never, ever appoint DeSantis to anything

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749235225362886701

Trump is just full on leaning into "I'm a criminal, but it's cool. Like a priest that rapes children."

Someone in his orbit was streaming Serpico on Paramount+ and (to no one's surprise) he didn't understand it.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Aramis posted:

I don't think current-day Trump could even survive sitting through A Few Good Men. He would for sure pop an aneurysm in pure white anger.

I think like most Boomers, he would space out during all the talking parts, not know or care what any of it was about, and walk away from it only retaining, “YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!”

WaywardWoodwose
May 19, 2008

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

I think Jean Carrolls lawyers are asking for damages in perpetuity, for every time he defames her in the future. I hope she gets it.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Stoatbringer posted:

This “God” character should try to be a little clearer with his messaging.

Sometimes circumstances change, do you expect this "God" to see that coming?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'm gonna miss repubs sniping at each other. now they;re all gonna go back to sucking trump's little button shroom

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Dementropy posted:

Someone in his orbit was streaming Serpico on Paramount+ and (to no one's surprise) he didn't understand it.

Legit getting the sense that there is some indictment pending like, "Yeah, I raped that woman in Saudi Arabia, but only because it would improve relations with MBS, it was basically national security."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

what?
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1749245949191557259

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Our forts are going woke

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Would be wonderful if Trump's brainworms somehow made him hellbent on turning the US defence doctrine one of Star Forts. Literally useless a century ago already, but hey, it's gonna pay off big time when the power cuts out and the steam powered Navy swoops in to save the day!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Woke Fortress 2

Spy can be any class? Gender!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
We would have won those wars if the forts hadn’t gone woke!

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Much like the airports that helped to win the revolutionary war, our beautiful domestic forts won the world wars.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Woke Fortress 2

Spy can be any class? Gender!

They made the demoman a diversity hire!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
our forts are the most beautiful forts you have ever seen

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Our beautiful generals have to have their fort names

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

dems made it illegal to call a fort a fort

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

forgot about fort

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Fort This was a very important Fort during World War I and fort that saved america in WWII

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

My nephew Fort died three times

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Remember the a:lmao:!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
fort fart

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
MY SON barron

he likes the fortnite

we all love the fortnite dont we folks

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
big, beautiful forts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My son is also named Fort