Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/dougblandry/status/1749166493625995514

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pooky posted:

I did everything right, and no one voted for me

It’s amazing how many senators and governors, even if huge states like Texas and California, are complete weirdos that are absolute black holes of charisma.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Horseshoe theory posted:

Tyler wasn't ever elected President since he inherited it via William Henry Harrison (appropriately) dying after 30 days. :smugbert:

See above (Garfield got whacked instead).

impressive

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Thoguh posted:

It’s amazing how many senators and governors, even if huge states like Texas and California, are complete weirdos that are absolute black holes of charisma.

It makes sense. These are machine states, so the way you come up is all back-room deals and trading favors. It’s all about what you have to give and what penalties you can impose. How you look or sound doesn’t matter. That’s why a lot of the more charismatic politicians you see (jimmy carter, bill clinton, honestly Joe Biden once had pretty solid charisma even if he’s a loving POS, Trump obvs) either come from purple states or the out of power party in machine states, because they have to have something other than the backroom wheeling and dealing

Obviously Obama and Romney are counter factuals here, but I think my point mostly stands

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mdemone posted:

he's going to call her by her given name within the week

(Pejorative)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Need to check the Jeb! Numbers...

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Worse than Jeb

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It makes sense. These are machine states, so the way you come up is all back-room deals and trading favors. It’s all about what you have to give and what penalties you can impose. How you look or sound doesn’t matter. That’s why a lot of the more charismatic politicians you see (jimmy carter, bill clinton, honestly Joe Biden once had pretty solid charisma even if he’s a loving POS, Trump obvs) either come from purple states or the out of power party in machine states, because they have to have something other than the backroom wheeling and dealing

Obviously Obama and Romney are counter factuals here, but I think my point mostly stands

Even in non-machine states, people underestimate just how little voters directly experience candidates. Iowa and New Hampshire, as dumb as the process is, actually requires candidates to interact with primary voters on a regular basis, instead of just doing a speech and 10 minutes of glad-handing with no more than 15 seconds in front of any given person before being shuffled off by a crowd of handlers.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Vox Nihili posted:

he dropped out after sc and got about 290k votes, which is what the line about rob beating the previous record by 10x is referring to

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

insane clown pussy posted:

he dropped out after sc and got about 290k votes, which is what the line about rob beating the previous record by 10x is referring to

need to know the dollar per vote !!!!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

eagerly awaiting nate silver's sabermetric analysis of candidates on a dollar to votes basis

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

drat, looks like Desantis spent more $ per vote even if you only count Jeb's Iowa votes. Jeb spent $2,800 per vote in Iowa.

Truly pathetic. Plumbing the depths.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

I am suburban voter, and this is my candidate. He weighs one hundred fifty kilograms and fires six thousand four hundred dollar, custom-tooled ballots at 900 votes per minute. It costs one million one hundred and fifty-two thousand dollars to run this candidate...for twelve seconds

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

$6,400 per vote is almost exactly the maximum political contribution to an individual campaign for a couple. Meatball Ron maxed out a donor household for each vote in Iowa.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Homeless Friend posted:

I am suburban voter, and this is my candidate. He weighs one hundred fifty kilograms and fires six thousand four hundred dollar, custom-tooled ballots at 900 votes per minute. It costs one million one hundred and fifty-two dollars to run this candidate...for twelve seconds

ive been quoting you a lot recently which looks like simp behavior but i gotta quote this one too. kuz im laughting at it. drat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Vox Nihili posted:

$6,400 per vote is almost exactly the maximum political contribution to an individual campaign for a couple. Meatball Ron maxed out a donor household for each vote in Iowa.

lmfao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

lol at anyone saying he's the worst candidate in history when Hillary is still kicking around

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

I am suburban voter, and this is my candidate. He weighs one hundred fifty kilograms and fires six thousand four hundred dollar, custom-tooled ballots at 900 votes per minute. It costs one million one hundred and fifty-two thousand dollars to run this candidate...for twelve seconds

lol

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

Homeless Friend posted:

Lmaooo

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

The smart move once Trump started obviously steamrolling was to drop out and start sucking up to him for the VP spot.

Haley might as well run for the Dem nomination at this point

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Lord of Pie posted:

The smart move once Trump started obviously steamrolling was to drop out and start sucking up to him for the VP spot.

Haley might as well run for the Dem nomination at this point

The smart move was to be Judge Doom and reinflate yourself.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Courtesy of the Trump Thread

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Azathoth posted:

lol at anyone saying he's the worst candidate in history when Hillary is still kicking around

hillary won a primary

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/ShelbyTalcott/status/1749193962236092883

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Starting to remember why I love politics

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1749166933457469818

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I do like Bill Mitchell quite a bit, I can respect his intelligence

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

as a fellow fat man i deeply respect his discipline on only ever using camera angles that hide the double chin and fat rolls

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Entering and then the leaving Trump's orbit inflicts a powerful curse on your entire bloodline for eternity. Very, very big mistake.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
good god lol

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1749168575800090656

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Homeless Friend posted:

good god lol
(..)

From here: https://wist.info/churchill-winston/53216/

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's even funnier that he quoted the company that makes Bud Light while dropping out.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Chud status....owned

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Eh, Herman Cain quoting "Pokemon: The Movie 2000" lyrics was way funnier.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

someone needs to ask nikki what palworld is about

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
"Bud."
"Weis."
"Er."

-FDR, Stalin, and Churchill at the Yalta Conference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online