Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I haven’t had Faygo Cotton Candy but I have tasted some cotton candy soda—which is odd because I don’t really like soda anymore—and while it did have a cream soda base flavor, it had a thick helping of extra chemical sweetness on top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Smoke posted:

Spotted something new in the drinks section at the supermarket today.

So of course I had to try some.

Overall: I've had worse sodas, and next week or the week after I'm going to pick up the Toffee Apple and Marshmallow flavors. Bubblegum is a flavor I've already had before in different drinks so I know what to expect there.

I've always hated bubblegum flavor, but I generally like the chemical people parade around as cotton candy flavor. I resent more the chemical of birthday cake flavor since that branding has always felt really weird to me, but it's usually not half bad. Kinda just a fancier name for a specific variety of artificial vanilla.

There's a canned craft soda around here that does pumpkin and apple pie, and it tastes fine, but I feel like the must've designed their own canning machine from scratch because there is a very visible seam in the metal that gets kinda pokey.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I want some curly franks. Served with curly fries, a large curly Coke, and a curly milkshake.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
dont play peekaboo with your frankfurter in public

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

UwUnabomber posted:

I'd eat the poo poo out of that without the weird blue play dough bread.

100%

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

It's like sausage and peppers, but with a side of crippling depression that this is how your life has turned out.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/1YhnidE.mp4

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

gently caress you, Dracula!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/IndigoOwner/status/1748707335504285862

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Who's up for a good old prune & bologna

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Those are fashion sandwiches. They aren't for eating, they're just sandwiches to tote.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"

I have too many questions about this

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

A Perfect Twist posted:

Absolutely! Like, first of all, why did they cut it like that? Now someone has to get some weird sliver of a piece with only two bulbs on it! :cmon:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Is....is the skin still on???
:pastryno:

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

On canned bread!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Captain Hygiene posted:

I had never heard of Cervelat

Wikipedia posted:

The term "Cervelat" is the oldest of the three. It was first recorded in 1552 by Rabelais,[3][4] and is derived from zervelada, a Milanese word meaning a "large, short sausage filled with meat and pork brains."

Looks like nowadays is just a hot dog.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Oh yeah, I meant to look that up but got distracted. Somehow a brainwurst wouldn't seem *that* out of place here

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

A Perfect Twist posted:

Me too, like "where can I buy this???""

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Captain Hygiene posted:

These all seem reasonable sandwich spreads. If old fashioned but then aren't all sandwich spreads.

If you haven't had stewed prunes lately you should try them, they're delightfully tannic syrup that is equally at home topping dessert or meat.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Elviscat posted:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I guess I can't say for sure without having tried it, but the idea of hot drowned lettuce is not exactly getting me drooling

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I prefer my lettuce tender

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Do menu photos count?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

72 hours to prepare this pasta? Rich people food is so weird

https://x.com/picturesfoider/status/1749461928236535998?s=46

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Really want to know what the pasta blorp is missing to get docked that last 0.2/10 points

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Captain Hygiene posted:

Really want to know what the pasta blorp is missing to get docked that last 0.2/10 points

Gold leaf. The Donald Trump of food additives.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Elviscat posted:

The Swiss have very strong cervelat opinions. There was literally a national outcry when there was a shortage of the usual sausage casings, and it was proposed that artificial ones could be used.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

TV Zombie posted:

I'm 90% sure it's an outright lie to farm engagement and it's actually 50 euro and it's cooked the same amount of time as regular pasta. Note how it doesn't mention the restaurant or even the name of the dish.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
You can be 100% sure of that just by looking at the table setting, restaurant decor, the clothes they're wearing and the plain rear end meal his friend is eating with fries straight from the industrial sized bag they have in the freezer

Even his ridiculous nodding seems designed to drive engagement by infuriating me

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Let's taste this chunk of dry rear end pasta with no sauce

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

You set up a bunch of jars to marinate for ~64 hours, then you chuck 'em in a sous vide bath for 2 hours or so before the dinner rush.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That's child's play, GARFIELDEATS lasagna marinated in the fridge for three weeks, per their official recipe.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Tunicate posted:

Do menu photos count?

This dish always looks disgusting but it's okay, I feel like it's a staple of old fancy Cantonese type places where I grew up

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

my old doctor, hearing about my reaction to nuts in my chinese food exclaimed that there were “no nuts in chinese food! bad restaurant” and i agree with dr. Lam here. he was more concerned about the nuts in the food than my illness.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Tunicate posted:

Do menu photos count?

The chef nutted all over that shrimp

10/10

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I feel mild scorn for anyone who intentionally buys cheese labelled mild

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

well why not posted:

my old doctor, hearing about my reaction to nuts in my chinese food exclaimed that there were “no nuts in chinese food! bad restaurant” and i agree with dr. Lam here. he was more concerned about the nuts in the food than my illness.

Wait, I love cashew chicken, is that made up bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

It's from BillyBoyz, a Lebanese restaurant specializing in "messy" food.