Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

love the energy of "oh stopped traffic ill just thread the needle between these two stopped semis and then keep on driving because i am a uniquely clever intellect who saw a loophole everyone else missed"

also yeah, stay in the truck! look what's loving happening out there, at least in the cab of a semi when other assholes run into you, you're just going to get bounced around a little. unless, i guess, it's another semi but the odds remain better inside than trying to fight it in shirtsleeves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

LonsomeSon posted:

love the energy of "oh stopped traffic ill just thread the needle between these two stopped semis and then keep on driving because i am a uniquely clever intellect who saw a loophole everyone else missed"

more likely they are trying to stop but have no traction at all

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

LonsomeSon posted:

also yeah, stay in the truck! look what's loving happening out there, at least in the cab of a semi when other assholes run into you, you're just going to get bounced around a little. unless, i guess, it's another semi but the odds remain better inside than trying to fight it in shirtsleeves

Sometimes you don't even have to get out of the car, a tractor trailer comes through and kills five people

https://apnews.com/article/fatal-crash-interstate-pennsylvania-tractor-trailer-bc0701bc96b7408eb852b646ed79178d

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

lmao

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Can't stop, won't stop, slidin' (Yeah)
Can't stop, won't stop, never stop
Can't stop, won't stop, never

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2MVB4IOo92?fbclid=IwAR1NHdBN3ti6EKWYvg1WJtSKjU1ksMh6gdfmst1BGzi_0-BRDN3Z5mzMNlo

these comments are wild

mystes
May 31, 2006

Just trying to murder people 😂😂😂😂😂 hilarious

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its crazy how few people dont slow down in poor visibility conditions. very dangerous.

as an aside a frequent complaint on my local subreddit is how many people cant drive in the rain (true) but the complaint is that people go too slow on the highway lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think highways just make driving seem too safe, to the point where people expect they can tailgate other cars at 80mph during snow or torrential rain

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The idea of driving slower just never even seems to occur to people. You shouldnt even need to slam on your breaks in that youd just loving let off the gas and roll slow.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

it was a long stretch of a 3.8% downhill grade, and I resisted the urge to ride my brakes.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
driving slow means ur gay. simple as

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

my crimes.flv

Apr 7, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

its crazy how few people dont slow down in poor visibility conditions. very dangerous.

as an aside a frequent complaint on my local subreddit is how many people cant drive in the rain (true) but the complaint is that people go too slow on the highway lol

a common refrain I see is "we shouldn't base driving rules on the least skilled drivers on the road," like they're playing Gran Turismo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
e: recalculating route

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 03:04 on Jan 22, 2024

mystes
May 31, 2006

I would even suggest that we probably should base driving rules on the least skilled drivers on the road considering that they are actually people driving on the road

otoh, they probably also hate driving so if you want to build them high speed rail or something maybe they would likely be happy to stop driving and leave the road to people who think they're really good drivers and can speed safely

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

blood pressure instantly up

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/gaminggooner420/status/1748936001626460387

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

is this derpies

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

it was a long stretch of a 3.8% downhill grade, and I resisted the urge to ride my brakes.

i've gone that fast while fully loaded with four heavy panniers to kinda gyroscope me into stability but i don't think i've ever cracked 55km/hr unloaded

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

a common refrain I see is "we shouldn't base driving rules on the least skilled drivers on the road," like they're playing Gran Turismo

they act like having the self control to drive a proper speed isn't a skill

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

is this derpies

lol forgot about that guy

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

lol forgot about that guy

the epic jacking off gbs superstar, who had defenders, is something that always makes me laugh to think about

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
i only post in this thread when i'm driving and jacking off

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Alobar posted:

is this why you don't post about jogging in the workout thread anymore

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Alobar posted:

tahts not safe behavior

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmao

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Alobar posted:

thanks mods

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

should have just been late!

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

they’re huddling for warmth, heartwarming

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Absolute psychopaths.

But also, the thought process behind "we'll put a bin in the middle of the road; surely no one will just try to go around it?"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Absolute psychopaths.

But also, the thought process behind "we'll put a bin in the middle of the road; surely no one will just try to go around it?"

and the people commenting "those idiots saw the trash can, don't they know that's the universal "death wire" sign? cyclists never obey anything"

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

https://twitter.com/BVKImages/status/1749103151574036813

Get in the car, losers.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

"I've never had that interaction. Buddy, I am that interaction."

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

speng31b posted:

tahts not safe behavior

Skill issue

Apr 7, 2003

lol that first guy is absolutely mental

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

The idea of driving slower just never even seems to occur to people. You shouldnt even need to slam on your breaks in that youd just loving let off the gas and roll slow.

That's how you get hit from behind by a guy doing 80 while you're doing 40

Instead, simply roll your car down the hill into the ravine, go home, and stay there.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
This thing that the Swiss made inherits all the worst aspects of cars and bicycles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-LegOd8Jxo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

They can just call them the NYPD.