Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bull would be a good fit in Tampa as Baker is a perfectly suitable QB so you don’t need to rely on drafting one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants dark horse.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1749246874840703333?t=W8EZZlfO88cna4qLc-koGw&s=19

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I think its time buffalo faced facts and moved on from mcdermott. he's clearly not the guy.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Asproigerosis posted:

I think its time buffalo faced facts and moved on from mcdermott. he's clearly not the guy.
He'll be there for at least two more years.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Josh Allen + Harbaugh would be crazy energy

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Kurgarra Queen posted:

He'll be there for at least two more years.

I think he just needs a fresh start, come back to where it all began in philly.

I'd also need some of his blood, for unrelated research involving some cantrips and the exhumed body of Jim Johnson.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah they need someone who has been there before.

Someone like Dan Quinn

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Bip Roberts posted:

Josh Allen + Harbaugh would be crazy energy

That would be very chaotic.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Asproigerosis posted:

I think he just needs a fresh start, come back to where it all began in philly.

I'd also need some of his blood, for unrelated research involving some cantrips and the exhumed body of Jim Johnson.

he learned how to make his defenses fall apart in big games from Jim Johnson

dude was a very overrated DC

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I'm pretty firmly on the McDermott is a bald fraud train, but this is kind of a tough one to lay on him.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Simplex posted:

I'm pretty firmly on the McDermott is a bald fraud train, but this is kind of a tough one to lay on him.

His defense forcing one punt against a mediocre Chiefs offense is pretty damning.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

fsif posted:

His defense forcing one punt against a mediocre Chiefs offense is pretty damning.
I mean like, that Hardman fumble is kind of life a punt. So, 2.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I don't think McDermott is a very good coach but there's an approximately 0% chance he gets fired after the way the Bills finished this season.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

He'll be a WHAT?!

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Simplex posted:

I mean, he's had 4 years of MVP caliber play from Allen as well and has done gently caress all with it. Also the Chiefs were averaging like 7 yards per play and he's supposed to be a defense guy

Rogue Elephant fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jan 22, 2024

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

fsif posted:

I agree. But I'm starting to convince myself that the Chiefs are basically a Lebron-led team that knows they can coast through the regular season and then turn it on in the playoffs. So maybe the offense isn't as mediocre as we think.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 22, 2024

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

McDermott's an idiot

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Professor Funk posted:

He'll be a WHAT?!

I don't know, the xeet preview cut off there and I'm not going to give Elon the satisfaction.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Nervous posted:

Jerruh, do the needful.

:pray:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Jerry will never hire a coach that might get more of the credit for the team's success than he would, how many times do we have to go through this

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The biggest load of PR horseshit I've read in some time

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

really queer Christmas posted:

The biggest load of PR horseshit I've read in some time

perhaps the most written by someone's agent tweet of all time

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
He’ll be a top DC candidate.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT YEAH loving RIGHT

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Sean McDermott is basically defensive Jason Garrett.
Change my mind.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

incredible spin for a guy who willingly took over the worst defense in the league and made it significantly worse.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

wandler20 posted:

Patricia took on play-calling last month under difficult circumstances, running someone else’s scheme with a depleted unit.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1749278224125722914

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ejiro Evero is getting a 2nd HC interview. Looks like Panthers are narrowing down.

Iirc Callahan is the only other they've brought in for a 2nd chat

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jan 22, 2024

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

What a weird situation for him.

Like, are the Chargers mandating he remain the OC under the new HC? Otherwise it'll be real lovely if they hire Harbaugh or whoever, who brings in his own staff, and Kellen ends up missing out on the desirable landing spots.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The Chargers would absolutely not mandate a candidate like Harbaugh or Belichick keep Moore if that would in any way jeopardize them taking the job. Anybody else, idk.

They're technically within their rights to do that because he's still under contract and it's not a promotion, but it is kind of a bush league move

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

kalensc posted:

What a weird situation for him.

Like, are the Chargers mandating he remain the OC under the new HC? Otherwise it'll be real lovely if they hire Harbaugh or whoever, who brings in his own staff, and Kellen ends up missing out on the desirable landing spots.

They might have that caveat. He might be part of plans in an agreeable way too though. You never know who knows who from around the traps in coaching circles.

Be lovely if it was some kind of insurance policy but I can see a world where they want to ensure continuity for herbie and harbaugh agrees too.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Harbaugh definitely passed on the chargers if they are making that move to retain an average OC.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

These opportunities include cashier positions at Taco Bell and Wawa, per source

I will VERY grudgingly allow it if and only if he accepts via “I sign as HC of NYJ” on a napkin and Woody actually gets it

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Sean McDermott is basically defensive Jason Garrett.
Change my mind.

Nah this is dead on. Like say what you will about Josh losing games but every time they’ve been bounced out of the playoffs it’s largely been bc the defense couldn’t stop loving anything. How well does Josh need to play against the Chiefs before the defense ever does their jobs? I mean this was the year to beat them too, the Chiefs Offense has been incredibly mediocre all year and somehow they still let them march up and down the field at will.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1749388890333381064?s=46

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That’s a very good hire.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Definitely a lot better than Roman or Kingsbury, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Yeah, Waldron was pretty good. The offense was still inconsistent and had a few frustrating tendencies, but it's tough to tell how much of that was the influence Carroll always had on his OCs.

Now the big question is, will he be coaching Fields, or someone else? My gut tells me, you bring in an OC who has had success with Geno Smith because you're expecting a guy who can work in the pocket and hit lots of intermediate passes. Fields isn't really that guy.