Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Speaking of card acquisitions I've had Ms Marvel pinned in my token shop since the season started is that still the smart play after she's eaten a nerf? I also don't know if she exactly enables any decks on her own if the idea is to look for stuff that will put a deck together for you rather than just "top tier cards".

I’m still using her deck. With the nerf she’s a good card still imo but very specific to play around her. I feel like she’s a good slot into other decks just as a good overall 4 drop.

Keep in mind dr doom makes activating her full 14 power very easy, the 2 cards together are basically 10 on every lane and will win you many games

Before the nerf yes you build an entire deck around her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh and I do have Dr. Doom already too, neat. I'll keep her pinned for now then. Only at 4200 tokens currently so it'll be awhile longer yet.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Swapping out Angela for Hit Monkey gave me a record of 10-10 with +2 cubes overall.
HOWEVER, one of those games was a -8 to Ego because Ego is good at playing cards.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

Man, Skaar stinks out loud. I can't wait until this dumb month is over and I never need to use him in a deck again.

He works alright in the Hela discard deck someone posted in the last couple pages (swapped him in for Giganto). Provides an alternate way to get power on the table on T6 if you aren’t Hela’ing, and can often be discounted since you’re running Lockjaw and Jubilee.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

would be nice if the last 600 levels of collectors reserves gave me cards and not loving titles and credits

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Kalman posted:

He works alright in the Hela discard deck someone posted in the last couple pages (swapped him in for Giganto). Provides an alternate way to get power on the table on T6 if you aren’t Hela’ing, and can often be discounted since you’re running Lockjaw and Jubilee.

Yeah that's where I'm using him. It's pretty rare I'll get his cost lower than 4, and when I do I usually have a better T6 play instead. He's fine in that spot but he's ultimately either a worse Giganto or worse Magneto.

I'm sure at some point they'll tweak his discount or give him some extra power but as is he's pretty underwhelming.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

double negative posted:

As a Ravonna enjoyer, putting her below something like Silver Samurai is wild to me, but I also aint watching that whole video so maybe there’s some justification I’m completely missing. She does so much work in all the goofy decks I like to play

He includes chapters for each card explaining his choices.

Skippy McPants posted:

I disagree with a fair number of things on this list, and also think tier lists are a bad way to think about S4/5 cards. It's come up in this thread before, but when selecting new acquisitions, you should think in terms of unlocking decks, not cards

Funnily enough that is exactly the reasoning he uses in his explanations

Fate Accomplice fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 20, 2024

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Having fun with this deck.

The only rough go I had was against someone who played wong to shuri to Odin to tribunal which meant 68 in each lane

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This game loves giving me Bishop variants. I just got another one from the season pass

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

would be nice if the last 600 levels of collectors reserves gave me cards and not loving titles and credits

:edit: wrong post to respond to but yea, this system is not great. sd doesn't seem to want to make any changes that benefit players however so it seems like we're stuck with this for now (until they find something worse).

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Last King posted:

:edit: wrong post to respond to but yea, this system is not great. sd doesn't seem to want to make any changes that benefit players however so it seems like we're stuck with this for now (until they find something worse).

And then we'll get another rush of people explaining how actually it's better

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

Serious question tho why not hit monkey?

Hoogland had some reasoning, including Hit Monkey being awful into Leech. I think it's just another decklist altogether: you want Sera to empower a big Hit Monkey turn, and Kitty is bad if you're trying to run out Sera on 5, so everything shifts. You gain some big cube potential because people don't expect how tall you can go, but you're probably less consistent overall.

This was my list I made Infinite with out of the 90s this week. Everything in the bottom row is non-negotiable, Medusa is a flex spot that could be Iceman, Goose, Havok, whatever floats your boat. I like Medusa because she's amenable to being played early or late, and she benefits from both Bast and being bounced.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Fate Accomplice posted:

Funnily enough that is exactly the reasoning he uses in his explanations

I know, I watched the video and it's something KM says a lot, but man, putting the Destory staples so low when it's currently the top deck is... a choice. And putting cards like Loki, Snowguard, Blob, and Black Knight so high when they also only go in single decks is baffling.

The whole video is like a Loki-Lovers tier list, and I say this as someone who also loves Loki.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
Just wanted to come in here and say thanks to the person who posted the hela deck, it is truly crazy, often plays out the entire deck, and I've only ever not played Hela one time

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Destroy up to almost 13% of the meta. Maybe we'll finally get that long-need X-23 nerf now.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Skippy McPants posted:

Destroy up to almost 13% of the meta. Maybe we'll finally get that long-need X-23 nerf now.

-2 Power for each time she's regenerated

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

regenerating cards shouldn't contribute to consuming cards' power

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Vanilla Bison posted:

Hoogland had some reasoning, including Hit Monkey being awful into Leech. I think it's just another decklist altogether: you want Sera to empower a big Hit Monkey turn, and Kitty is bad if you're trying to run out Sera on 5, so everything shifts. You gain some big cube potential because people don't expect how tall you can go, but you're probably less consistent overall.

This was my list I made Infinite with out of the 90s this week. Everything in the bottom row is non-negotiable, Medusa is a flex spot that could be Iceman, Goose, Havok, whatever floats your boat. I like Medusa because she's amenable to being played early or late, and she benefits from both Bast and being bounced.

I decided to try this version out and look at the cute little Blob and Skaar. So precious.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Confirmed good deck, at least for now. You retreat a lot, so the winrate isn't stellar, but the cube gain is real. People aren't used to you slamming that much power on turn 6.

I have so much more fun when bounce is good. Can't wait for people to complain so they nerf it again. Maybe Hit Monkey will be 4 energy this time.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I've loved seeing all the 15 power Blobs the past few days. I think I only ran into one that manged to grow past 25 power.

Devo posted:

I have so much more fun when bounce is good. Can't wait for people to complain so they nerf it again. Maybe Hit Monkey will be 4 energy this time.

I think after Black Sawn comes out, they might finally bite the bullet and add the (Minimum 1) text to Beast. Imagine a Swan on turn 2 into 2-3 power 1-drops and a Beast on turn 3, scraping all those juicy one-drops back into your hand to be replayed on turn 4 for free, then Falconed back just to pour salt in the wound. And then you Grandmaster your Falcon on turn 5, meaning you can play three free 1-drops three separate times.

That could be a 0/7 Forge, a 0/10 Hawkeye, and 3/18 worth of demons from Hood.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 21, 2024

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Revis's tech deck is a great matchup into destroy, I've been playing out my gold tickets and so far the deck's 5-1 with the loss being a lockdown deck that was doing super well

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Picked up Miek cause I had a ton of tokens, and his text isn't accurate, at least not in the way it's written.

IMO, the text as written says he gets +1 for every card discarded that turn, then moves. But that's not what he does. He HAS to move to get the power increase. As written, it's implied he can get the power , and THEN moves, if able.

In actuality, it should be more like:
"After each turn, if you discarded any cards, move, and then gain +1 power for each card discarded."

Edit: well now I'm seeing on Reddit he DOESN'T have to move. In that case, it seems he won't activate if you have a MODOK behind Invisible Woman. I guess that makes sense, in the way nothing SD does with regards to complete lack of real keywords and order of operations makes sense.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah one of the SD people clarified before release that Miek doesn't have to move to get the power boost.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

DrBouvenstein posted:

Edit: well now I'm seeing on Reddit he DOESN'T have to move. In that case, it seems he won't activate if you have a MODOK behind Invisible Woman. I guess that makes sense, in the way nothing SD does with regards to complete lack of real keywords and order of operations makes sense.

Annoyingly this makes his text especially accurate. He says after each turn.. IW triggers after the end of T6 but before the end of the game. So Miek technically can never get the power because their is no more “turn” to trigger his power growth.

That’s stupid as poo poo and unintuitive, but, alas.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Basically the way it works is:

0) End turn
1) Miek checks for number of cards discarded
2) Miek gains power based on answer from #1
3) Miek moves to another location if one is available

But since things like Dark Dimension, Invisible Woman, and Dracula happen after this whole checklist, Miek doesn't benefit from them.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I finally got a premium split of my Phoenix Force Shang Chi (8th split of 11 Shang splits total) only to discover that a Gold split basically looks the same as the base variant because the base background is also mostly yellow.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

victorious posted:

I finally got a premium split of my Phoenix Force Shang Chi (8th split of 11 Shang splits total) only to discover that a Gold split basically looks the same as the base variant because the base background is also mostly yellow.

gold splits are def. very subjective... i much prefer inked ones myself since you can still see the background art which in a lot of cases is good.

now, if you could do the character in color and inked backgrounds..

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa

cinnamon rollout posted:

Just wanted to come in here and say thanks to the person who posted the hela deck, it is truly crazy, often plays out the entire deck, and I've only ever not played Hela one time

What deck is this?

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think this one. With instructions here.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Shang-Chi'd an 18 and 13 Human Torch/Vulture off K'un-Lun, they play Phoenix Force for a 22 Torch and move it back to K'un-Lun and double snap.

Iron Lad on turn 6, scans Odin, triggers Shang-Chi again. Incredibly satisfying top deck draw.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
How long til Grandmaster gets nerfed or causes a bunch of cards that synergize to get nerfed?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

End of the month

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

wyoak posted:

How long til Grandmaster gets nerfed or causes a bunch of cards that synergize to get nerfed?

I've said it like half a dozen times now, but Beast needs to get the (Minimum 1) text. Until that happens, Bounce decks will keep on breaking as they release new cards that synergize with him.

Edit: and I say that as someone who loves Bounce, but 0-cost cards are simply too good in such a short game with such scarce resources.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Grandmaster is getting a lot of hype for his release tomorrow.

quote:

On Reveal: Move one of your other On Reveal cards here to the middle location. Its ability happens again.

There are so many potential bizarre combos (Galactus if you use a card like Iron Fist or Ghost-Spider to move GM) that the card does seem must-have. I look forward to spending 4 keys tomorrow.

I do wonder if Grandmaster will encourage a lot more use of lockdown stuff.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

He might be crap on release, he might not, but his effect is so unique and powerful that it's hard to imagine he won't be broken at some point.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Skippy McPants posted:

He might be crap on release, he might not, but his effect is so unique and powerful that it's hard to imagine he won't be broken at some point.

Given the game's track record, I expect him to be broken and horrible to play against for a month until they nerf the poo poo out of him and make him useless.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Does Grand Master ignore Cosmo on middle lane is what I'm wondering

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
He looks like the safest bet since Nico.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Red posted:

I do wonder if Grandmaster will encourage a lot more use of lockdown stuff.

Storm > Grand Master is gonna be loving annoying yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Marx Headroom posted:

Does Grand Master ignore Cosmo on middle lane is what I'm wondering

Cosmo middle shuts down the Grandmaster target.

As far as I understand it, your target has to move and has to have a valid on reveal at the center location.