Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It seems like an angel tried to kill the daughters of the gun running hellboss lady.

All three of them are Sinners, so not off-limits.

Presumably the mother died and then when her daughters died brought them in on her weapons business. Angel Dust's Mafia family is also around (and do not like him).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Jan 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lord_Magmar posted:

All three of them are Sinners, so not off-limits.

Doh. I knew that. Had a brainfart.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also Bee was fun and I hope we get to see her again one day (as I said, Mammon is really the only rear end in a top hat of the bunch so far but since he’s Greed that kind of comes with the territory).

Though going by the circus act motif I wonder what that makes Belphegor then (though being Sloth he’s probably the chilliest member of the whole group). Speaking of, have we seen the demons of his particular ring/that he’s connected to yet (I assume Leviathan has ties to the sharks and the like)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jan 22, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Larryb posted:

Also Bee was fun and I hope we get to see her again one day (as I said, Mammon is really the only rear end in a top hat of the bunch so far but since he’s Greed that kind of comes with the territory).

Though going by the circus act motif I wonder what that makes Belphegor then (though being Sloth he’s probably the chilliest member of the whole group). Speaking of, have we seen the demons of his particular ring/that he’s connected to yet (I assume Leviathan has ties to the sharks and the like)?

Belphegor is going to be genderswapped like Beelzebub was, and no we haven't seen any demons definitely associated with her ring. Glitz and Glam are probably Sirens from Envy (but not definitely).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Belphegor is going to be genderswapped like Beelzebub was, and no we haven't seen any demons definitely associated with her ring. Glitz and Glam are probably Sirens from Envy (but not definitely).

Gotcha, not that up on the behind the scenes details seeing as I only just watched/caught up with HB for the first time a couple months ago.

I’m guessing we’re more likely to meet the remaining Sins minus Lucifer there rather than in Hazbin but you never know (especially since the latter is apparently planned to last longer than the former)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jan 22, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Some fanon has Glitz and Glam be Lustborn/Envy hybrids, colloquially known as Sirens.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Belphegor is going to be genderswapped like Beelzebub was, and no we haven't seen any demons definitely associated with her ring.
We have. The candle goats are from Sloth.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Lord_Magmar posted:

Here I thought Glitz and Glam were demon Klown fish or something.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I want Bee to show up again, but I also want her to show up again WITH KESHA VOICING HER. And that's probably not going to happen which is a bummer because she was a natural. She did a great job as Bee

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I want Bee to show up again, but I also want her to show up again WITH KESHA VOICING HER. And that's probably not going to happen which is a bummer because she was a natural. She did a great job as Bee

I'm hoping if Hazbin does well they'll have resources to bring her back in at some point. She really did knock it out of the park. By the way, I noticed critics complaining about the cursing in Hazbin but I'm so desensitized to HB that I actually barely notice it. And it honestly takes me off guard when they complain about it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Last Call posted:

Here I thought Glitz and Glam were demon Klown fish or something.

Envy is run by Leviathan and so probably all the fishy demons are his people.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
So I get the distinct impression from what's been said that Husk is warlocking it with Alastor effectively acting as his patron and allowing him do a lot of the things he used to be able to on his own power as an Overlord. Those custom gambling based abilities don't seem standard issue for sinners, after all. And if he ever did use them to claw back his his status, Alastor would then own an overlord, making the deal worth it. He managed to climb the ladder once, nothing stops him from doing it again but himself.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Adder Moray posted:

And if he ever did use them to claw back his his status, Alastor would then own an overlord, making the deal worth it.
Theoretically, but Husk clearly resents being a pawn. Alastor would have to be on guard against active efforts to negate the deal or, at least, malicious compliance.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

Theoretically, but Husk clearly resents being a pawn. Alastor would have to be on guard against active efforts to negate the deal or, at least, malicious compliance.

Not an uncommon issue for a Warlock's patron.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I found it interesting in the Loser song where both Angel and Husk are shown having glowing ropes binding them, Husk's are a lot neater than Angel's. Might just be because he's shorter, but it feels like the intention is Alastor is much more powerful and competent than Val (a theme with the Vees, of course) and both has a tighter leash, so to speak, on Husk but is also a lot more professional about it.

Flopsy posted:

I'm hoping if Hazbin does well they'll have resources to bring her back in at some point. She really did knock it out of the park. By the way, I noticed critics complaining about the cursing in Hazbin but I'm so desensitized to HB that I actually barely notice it. And it honestly takes me off guard when they complain about it.

It's because it's people looking for an excuse to complain. Mixed with the ones who I think came right from Owl House and Steven Universe and never watched a show for grown-ups before.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Macaluso posted:

Wouldn't she be more likely to show up again now that she got her legal issues taken care of? It's why we got that Helluva Boss episode finally released. So she should be able to do it no?

Funky Valentine posted:

Envy is run by Leviathan and so probably all the fishy demons are his people.

Makes sense to me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The Last Call posted:

Wouldn't she be more likely to show up again now that she got her legal issues taken care of? It's why we got that Helluva Boss episode finally released. So she should be able to do it no?

Makes sense to me.

True, but may be double edged there as she might be too busy with her career back on track. Steven Universe had the same problem.

Envy has been strongly implied to be an ocean, and Blitz' line suggests it's one of the only proper ones in Hell. I do get the feeling that the Rings are more or less continent sized each.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Husk looking like a Dr Seus character constantly throws me.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I assume the remaining three Sins don’t have any official art to go with their descriptions like Lucifer and Lilith do right? Either way I imagine we’ll formally meet them all eventually (also to clarify, is this version of Leviathan male or female?)

Ghost Leviathan posted:

True, but may be double edged there as she might be too busy with her career back on track. Steven Universe had the same problem.

Envy has been strongly implied to be an ocean, and Blitz' line suggests it's one of the only proper ones in Hell. I do get the feeling that the Rings are more or less continent sized each.

I forget, what SU character/actor are you referring to here?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Nicki Minaj voiced Sugilite in Steven Universe, who was then silent in any subsequent appearances.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nikumatic posted:

Nicki Minaj voiced Sugilite in Steven Universe, who was then silent in any subsequent appearances.

That's it, both names slipped my mind. (It's 40c today, they probably melted off)

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Husk looking like a Dr Seus character constantly throws me.

He looks like some half-remembered mishmash from Alice in Wonderland.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of busy designs, that Big Lady in Episode 3, the kaijiu demon? That was one hell of a design, almost verged on oc donut steele, I wonder if that was the point or if it's a self insert or just a genuine wacky design. Loved her anyway

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Larryb posted:

I assume the remaining three Sins don’t have any official art to go with their descriptions like Lucifer and Lilith do right? Either way I imagine we’ll formally meet them all eventually (also to clarify, is this version of Leviathan male or female?)

I forget, what SU character/actor are you referring to here?

I think Leviathan is female, to more of less balance the Sins. 3 males (Asmodeus, Mammon, Satan) and 3 females (Beelzebub, Leviathan and Belphegor). With Lucifer above them as Pride, but married to Lilith as an equal leader/ruler.

Plus Leviathan as a female sea monster comes up in the actual Book of Enoch.

Edit: No official designs yet yes, just the statement that Satan and Leviathan are the most "traditional/accurate" to their inspirations (big red demon and sea serpent respectfully). Which suggests Belphegor will not be particularly traditional (genderswapped for one thing).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jan 23, 2024

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently the candle goat that gave Loona her shot a few episodes back was from the Sloth ring so I assume Belphegor will be at least vaguely animal like at least (a lot of the Sins seem/are implied to be at least somewhat similar to the demons commonly found in their respective realms after all).

Lucifer seems to share some design similarities with Alastor while Lilith looks a bit more menacing (though we’ll see if that’s reflected in her personality)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Fans have been calling them Baphomets.

Kinda funny that Charlie's ended up basically in a business partnership with probably the closest thing to Lucifer among the sinners. And also a bit of the Joker. She has been compared to Harley Quinn itt.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

While I don’t mind her being an adorable cinnamon roll I hope we get some more moments where Charlie’s patience wears thin and she lets her inner demon come out (it’s happened at least once already).

Also as someone else mentioned, there’s a bit of a flaw in Charlie’s plan: the closer the residents of the hotel get the more attached they become to one another and as such may not want to leave even if they were offered redemption

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Fans have been calling them Baphomets.

Kinda funny that Charlie's ended up basically in a business partnership with probably the closest thing to Lucifer among the sinners. And also a bit of the Joker. She has been compared to Harley Quinn itt.

She’s even currently in a relationship with someone who sounds and acts like the HQ version of Poison Ivy

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

While I don’t mind her being an adorable cinnamon roll I hope we get some more moments where Charlie’s patience wears thin and she lets her inner demon come out (it’s happened at least once already).

Also as someone else mentioned, there’s a bit of a flaw in Charlie’s plan: the closer the residents of the hotel get the more attached they become to one another and as such may not want to leave even if they were offered redemption

She’s even currently in a relationship with someone who sounds and acts like the HQ version of Poison Ivy

That flare up of Charlies was after she saw (Ep4) Angel pushed against a bed, presumably NOT what had transpired inside the dressing room. Given how very quick she went from 0 to warped-voice and horns, she's probably got a thin rope underneath all the nice stuff. Had she seen the full extent of what went on, I think Val would've been a greasy stain.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Iymarra posted:

That flare up of Charlies was after she saw (Ep4) Angel pushed against a bed, presumably NOT what had transpired inside the dressing room. Given how very quick she went from 0 to warped-voice and horns, she's probably got a thin rope underneath all the nice stuff. Had she seen the full extent of what went on, I think Val would've been a greasy stain.

Yeah, much like Moxxie I’m pretty confident Charlie can and would kill someone if she was pushed hard enough (she’s eventually going to be leading a war against the angels judging by the trailer after all)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Well, there is always the chance they can all leave together. Heck, might be incentive to seek redemption so they can be reunited with their friends and family, and help others so they can come with, ha.

Iymarra posted:

That whole bit seems to demonstrate that like an experienced predator, Val is instinctively good at keeping his overt abuse behind closed doors and his victims isolated, and I wouldn't be surprised if the other Vees help keep up the facade, as they cool him down over Angel Dust and tell him to play the long game. After all, even in Hell, people have some standards, and the Vees do seem to be notably unpopular among the other Overlords for their more openly malevolent and predatory behaviour as much as their obnoxiousness. And heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he was actively trying to gross Charlie out to drive her off, though it could go either way.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, I wonder if we’ll ever meet this universe’s version of God one day and how big of an rear end in a top hat he’ll end up being

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, I wonder if we’ll ever meet this universe’s version of God one day and how big of an rear end in a top hat he’ll end up being

The opening (probably biased) tale of Lucifer and Lilith said Heaven was ruled by elders who worshipped goodness itself, which is represented by a large feminine angel figure. If there is a god, either they've been removed from the version of Genesis Charlie has been taught, or they're the "goodness itself" worshipped by the Angels.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

The opening (probably biased) tale of Lucifer and Lilith said Heaven was ruled by elders who worshipped goodness itself, which is represented by a large feminine angel figure. If there is a god, either they've been removed from the version of Genesis Charlie has been taught, or they're the "goodness itself" worshipped by the Angels.

Ah yes, forgot about that. In that case she might intervene later to keep the eventual war from getting out of hand. But yeah, it’s probable that Hell’s version of the story might be a little biased (though there are bad people in both realms like Adam)

I’m still holding onto the theory that Vaggie is a fallen Executioner though, it just makes sense with her design, full name, and what little we know so far unless an official source eventually says otherwise

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Ghost Leviathan posted:

He looks like some half-remembered mishmash from Alice in Wonderland.

All I can see

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ah, what a terrible day to have eyes and a functioning memory.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Larryb posted:

That's a problem for the show in terms of cast, but it shouldn't be a problem in universe. Not if they have faith in their friends.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lord_Magmar posted:

From the trailer, the line 'time to lend a hand, against the angels and their deadly threat' there's a figure shown (big face, feminine, doing an unhinged grin, looks angelic but more 'angelic' than the exterminators) so I wonder if that's God or Her proxy or something, or head of the actual angels (and in theory, the one making orders to exterminators to go stomp some demons)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, since there's a second season in the works and this series is reportedly going to last longer than Helluva Boss will overall I'll be curious when the Angel War implied by the trailer is going to happen (I wouldn't be surprised if that just signifies the end of the current arc as opposed to the end of the series as a whole)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Larryb posted:

Speaking of, since there's a second season in the works and this series is reportedly going to last longer than Helluva Boss will overall I'll be curious when the Angel War implied by the trailer is going to happen (I wouldn't be surprised if that just signifies the end of the current arc as opposed to the end of the series as a whole)

I'm thinking it's pretty obvious we're going to get the sinners fighting back on extermination day as the finale of the first season.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Larryb posted:

yeah, i wouldnt be surprised if they manage to beat back the angels but now its a whole "oh poo poo wars coming" type deal remains for next season. i assume we are seeing heaven this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i wouldnt be surprised if they manage to beat back the angels but now its a whole "oh poo poo wars coming" type deal remains for next season. i assume we are seeing heaven this week.

Yeah, Charlie openly defying the Angels and stopping their purge might piss them off enough to reconsider the deal they made to spare the hellborn and just declare open season on the whole place (you can kind of tell from the meeting that Adam in particular already wanted to)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 23, 2024