Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
HM-2s & Heartbreak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Malaria posted:

He's just fat and listens to the lamest black metal possible

thread title??

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

it would be cool if we got a giant huge and jacked kanye west pumped full of HGH and he did a track with, idk, six feet under or something

1995 called

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Oldstench posted:

HM-2s & Heartbreak

I wanna hear this record

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Yeezyhammer - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Galactic Terrorvortex Fantasy

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Dying Yeetus

EDIT: Kanyebal Corpse

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
Woods of Yeezpres

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

New Dragonforce album is coming out in March. I'm gonna snag that because I'm a simp for this band.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
You all say this about Kanye but by far the most likely combo is a collab between him and Dave Justine producing some of the most hosed vibes known to music

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

it would be cool if we got a giant huge and jacked kanye west pumped full of HGH and he did a track with, idk, six feet under or something

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

zy

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Honestly I feel Ike like a Ye + Varg collabo EP is more likely to happen than you think.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Donda Baldrs

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
Yeezum

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Burzum chat feels like a good excuse to post a video that I think amuses me and me alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIRlC3UUjM

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

What's with those pits where people like, sit on the floor and do crunches. I feel like I have only seen this recently

moxieman
Jul 30, 2013

I'd rather die than go to heaven.
lol what. Please post a video.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ZVepnelVE

I can't get the timestamp on mobile but 1:07
I s2g this isn't the only place I've seen this but it's the most recent and therefore the one I can actually find on YouTube

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Isnt that rowing not crunches lol

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

They're rowing a viking ship because viking metal, most likely.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

It's rowing a Viking longship lol

It's a lot of fun cause it's dumb as gently caress

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Oh OK I thought everyone suddenly cared about core strength

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Killingyouguy! posted:

Oh OK I thought everyone suddenly cared about core strength

I saw it when I saw Amon Amarth like 7 years ago from the balcony. It was hilarious and awesome

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
May I introduce you to a Finntroll moshpit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMatNDi5xrc

I was actually there, not in the pit but at the periphery. I think I can actually see myself near the right edge of the screen at a few points on the video.

It was a blast, and weirdly wholesome to see. :3:

Nordick fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 23, 2024

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

gently caress it, I'm moving to Finland.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

Modal Auxiliary posted:

gently caress it, I'm moving to Finland.

This is my dream!

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

remigious posted:

This is my dream!

Avatar checks out. I'll let you know if I find anything with an extra bedroom.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Killingyouguy! posted:

What's with those pits where people like, sit on the floor and do crunches. I feel like I have only seen this recently

If you were lucky it was a cockroach mosh

https://youtu.be/nwH-KiD8HeM?si=5mKWijPTnHVffIhI

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Snowy posted:

a cockroach mosh

It caught on in a... flosh

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Dying Fetus announced a new tour with 200 Stabwounds and Full of Hell. Their one Michigan date is on my birthday. gently caress yeah.

edit: ugh 200 Stabwounds isn't on that date. I hate when bands do this, they announce a tour and split the openers and you have to find the fine print to see who is where.

I'm still going though.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 24, 2024

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Malaria posted:

Dying Fetus announced a new tour with 200 Stabwounds and Full of Hell. Their one Michigan date is on my birthday. gently caress yeah.

edit: ugh 200 Stabwounds isn't on that date. I hate when bands do this, they announce a tour and split the openers and you have to find the fine print to see who is where.

I'm still going though.

post on Instagram i saw said 200 is on all dates. check again for edits or updates to whatever post you saw

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
ill be at that DF show in Pontiac, too. should be fun.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Malaria posted:

I'm still going though.

skipping PA entirely...bastards

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
When tours collide... RIP to anyone attending this show:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
doors at 4pm on a tuesday hell yeah

well i can at least walk there straight from work

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
that toursmash gig is gonna be wild. I'm super grateful for the DF/200 Stab Wounds/FoH tour stopping in Albany. Can't wait.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Holy poo poo. I'm going :)

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I know some will sneer at me for this, but I am a huge Dragonforce mark and I've recently been listening to them heavily again. A few of my favorite selections:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojH4NzklnIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmnaRBTiE1Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wywg4IlQqKU

I was a junior on high school when Inhuman Rampage came out and it kind of defined a summer for me. I know their gimmick is extremely cheesy, but I think they are self aware enough that it works. Sometimes I just want to take a break from all the tough guy caveman poo poo and listen to something with a positive message. Even if "steel", "honor" or "swords" are used every other line. It's the poo poo I listen to just to have fun.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I’ve listened to Sonic Firestorm and Inhuman Rampage once each, and they’re a bit too much between how nonstop their music is and the ultra-slick production, but I really like Valley of the Damned. It hits a perfect little nook of speedy power metal that I love.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I’ve listened to Sonic Firestorm and Inhuman Rampage once each, and they’re a bit too much between how nonstop their music is and the ultra-slick production, but I really like Valley of the Damned. It hits a perfect little nook of speedy power metal that I love.

Yeah that's fair. The other thing is that the band sticks to the same song structure which generally follows Verse>Chorus>Verse>Chorus>Musical Interlude>Verse>Chorus>Outro. That's why all the songs are like 7 minutes long. They do have a few songs on Sonic Firestorm which has like a half time interlude and the music varies up a bit in tempo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Vargatron posted:

I know some will sneer at me for this, but I am a huge Dragonforce mark and I've recently been listening to them heavily again. A few of my favorite selections:

dragonforce was my gateway drug band and their first five albums still have some highlights. they're a one trick pony, but the trick is still fun.

their recent stuff has sounded, uh, really bad though. that zelda song was insufferable

i think if you're going to give them a fair shake you ignore through the fire and flames and the meme stuff and just listen to valley of the damned and the power within - those are the album highlights and they do some interesting things. the rest of it is like "yep, that's dragonforce", with sonic firestorm being the best of the lot.