Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

23 and 24 were shaping up to be PSU best years in a while. Instead, 23 was wasted due to a busted offense and 24 will feature a nuclear OSU team

:sigh:

Remember, it all comes down to Will Howard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

We literally already do this. We called McCord naked boot to the short side for no gain like 70 times this year in red zone or short yardage.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Mid season is fine. Who gives a poo poo what happens mid season

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Remember, it all comes down to Will Howard.

Kansas Josh Allen is what I call him

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Nashville-native 5* QB George MacIntyre committed to Tennessee over Bama today

Vols, bitch

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Soul Glo posted:

Nashville-native 5* QB George MacIntyre committed to Tennessee over Bama today

Vols, bitch

Setting up for the "night the lights went out in Georgia" headlines

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
2 5* and a 4* QB room is pretty rad

He was also with Heupel at the 20pt beat down BasketVols gave Bama this weekend

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://vxtwitter.com/RyanCallahan247/status/1749458361437823455?s=20

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Good grief, he looks like he’s 14.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He’s a junior in HS so he’s what 16-17 now? Who knows when that pic was taken.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee usually does not have this kind of homegrown talent so this kid is a Big Deal, especially to not lose him to Georgia or Bama

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I just can’t believe Joe Milton sucked in that system.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Boy could throw a ball over them mountains though

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah he just couldn’t hit the mountain

I’m excited that Tennessee has the QB situation wrapped up with 5 stars for the nest four years, barring disaster. Hopefully they can sort out the secondary.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

And because of this reason, he will be drafted.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

A Sneaker Broker posted:

And because of this reason, he will be drafted.

Oh there’s 100% some OC looking at Milton with hearts in his eyes going “I can fix him”

I fully expect his pro day or combine to be stellar and him get drafted higher than he should

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh there’s 100% some OC looking at Milton with hearts in his eyes going “I can fix him”

I fully expect his pro day or combine to be stellar and him get drafted higher than he should

Not going to lie, I can see my Packers picking him up Day 3, developing him, then trading for a higher pick down the line.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Not going to lie, I can see my Packers picking him up Day 3, developing him, then trading for a higher pick down the line.

It’s not a house flip, nobody is going to give you a higher pick for a guy who has been sitting on the bench for 3 years.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It’s not a house flip, nobody is going to give you a higher pick for a guy who has been sitting on the bench for 3 years.

Laughs in Jimmy Garrapolo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

predicto posted:

Laughs in Jimmy Garrapolo

Garappolo was drafted with a 2nd rounder and traded for a 2nd rounder.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Garappolo was drafted with a 2nd rounder and traded for a 2nd rounder.

And spent an entire year starting.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Him being pretty also played into that trade.

He’s too drat pretty.

“Good-Lookin’ James”, they call him.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/jasonscheer/status/1749581721992118527?s=46

Buckle Up

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah it's this. He got closer to being an actual QB but he never really fully got there from an NFL perspective, and despite his measurables he's not really much of a rushing threat beyond falling forward to get the first in a pinch.

Dude is going to go somewhere 3-5 but I think his actual performance doesn't warrant more than round 5± or udfa as a grade.

He isn't broken (to be fixed) per se, I just think he is what he is and is basically maxed out already from a processing perspective which won't get easier in the NFL

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Ah yes, Anthony-Richardson-body dementia

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Joe would be a Hall of Famer if there was anything going on upstairs, great guy though

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t think Joe makes “bad” decisions per se. Like the decisions on who to throw to on any given play are solid. He only threw 5 picks in 2023. His completion % was like 65% which isn’t terrible.

His problem, and it’s still a big one, is he throws the ball just as hard to a guy that’s 6 yards away from him as he does one 60 yards away from him.

Come to think of it maybe that’s also why he only had 5 INTs

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

I don’t think Joe makes “bad” decisions per se. Like the decisions on who to throw to on any given play are solid. He only threw 5 picks in 2023. His completion % was like 65% which isn’t terrible.

His problem, and it’s still a big one, is he throws the ball just as hard to a guy that’s 6 yards away from him as he does one 60 yards away from him.

Come to think of it maybe that’s also why he only had 5 INTs

Nico Time.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Updated my Big 12 prestige rankings following this past season.

Each season each team gets their conference record ratio (eg, going 5-4 gets you .556 points), runner-up in conference championship game OR being the head-to-head loser in a co-champion season is .5 bonus points, winning the B12CCG or being the head-to-head winner co-champion gets you 1 bonus point.

Kansas State now the Big 12 program with the most cred.

Not usually gonna be a lot of movement from season to season, though Iowa State leapt past Texas A&M and Colorado this year.

Poor Kansas still behind a program that's been in the conference less than half as long as they have :smith:

Also, Tech really suffered from being in the South those first 15 years or whatever. Won a lot of conference games, but no bonus points.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Judgy Fucker posted:

Updated my Big 12 prestige rankings following this past season.

Each season each team gets their conference record ratio (eg, going 5-4 gets you .556 points), runner-up in conference championship game OR being the head-to-head loser in a co-champion season is .5 bonus points, winning the B12CCG or being the head-to-head winner co-champion gets you 1 bonus point.

Kansas State now the Big 12 program with the most cred.

Not usually gonna be a lot of movement from season to season, though Iowa State leapt past Texas A&M and Colorado this year.

Poor Kansas still behind a program that's been in the conference less than half as long as they have :smith:

Also, Tech really suffered from being in the South those first 15 years or whatever. Won a lot of conference games, but no bonus points.

Avery Johnson vs Shedeur Sanders is gonna go so hard next season.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

My expectations for Nico are astronomical and I’m sure I won’t be disappointed

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

My expectations for Nico are astronomical and I’m sure I won’t be disappointed

He technically had the redshirt year so I expect big things.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Harbaugh 2 Chargers

(according to Twitter)

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Komet posted:

Harbaugh 2 Chargers

(according to Twitter)

He’s expected to take his DC and son (STC) with him. A lot of transfers incoming.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

A Sneaker Broker posted:

A lot of transfers incoming.

Probably fewer than most would expect, so long as they keep Moore and a bunch of internal folks. Most of the at-risk players were those thinking about going to the draft and Harbaugh has been pretty open about bolting (lol) over the past 2-3 years.

Some players could be bought out via the portal though! But I believe it's past the NFL draft declaration date - the outgoing portal opens for a month, but draft jumps aren't allowed.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

facialimpediment posted:

Probably fewer than most would expect, so long as they keep Moore and a bunch of internal folks. Most of the at-risk players were those thinking about going to the draft and Harbaugh has been pretty open about bolting (lol) over the past 2-3 years.

Some players could be bought out via the portal though! But I believe it's past the NFL draft declaration date - the outgoing portal opens for a month, but draft jumps aren't allowed.

Michigan backups are starters anywhere else besides maybe select SEC teams.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Do you really believe this?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

A Sneaker Broker posted:

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Do you really believe this?

I don't!

Michigan had lots of depth this year because the starters held on for another year (it was The Year) and then got hurt early. With the weak early schedule, that allowed a bunch of backups to get meaningful time and they developed pretty well. Michigan also nailed their portal picks that got much better over the year.

Currently, Michigan would have a very good and mostly proven starting 11 on defense. Every player after that is basically a complete unknown and they sure weren't 5-stars.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Can't find a good article on it but just about every game the commenters mentioned how many starters on Michigan's D averaged less than 30 snaps per game because of the depth and rotating players to keep them fresh.

But extrapolating that to say the backups are better than other teams starters is a stretch. The depth is still there (for now) and as long as Moore stays it shouldn't be a total collapse. As was said before we got that natty so who cares, I'm fine with a dozen 7-10 win seasons after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
How funny would it be if Brian Kelly jumped to Michigan?