Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BrianWilly posted:

Can't wait for the 2037 Wonder Woman reboot starring pansexual bondage-enthusiast Diana Prince

finally, a DC character I could identify with

Codependent Poster posted:

Oh there's a point for that.

Because the movie is about stopping a bad guy who wants to kill Peter Parker's parents so he's never born.

"You know that story thread no one cared about in The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2? What if we tried it A-GAIN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

finally, a DC character I could identify with

"You know that story thread no one cared about in The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2? What if we tried it A-GAIN"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TMOMTtAMBI&t=14s

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want to find whomever at Sony that is really invested in Peter's parents and tell them just to stop, in the strongest possible manner.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When they were making ASM2 Sony asked Kevin Feige for advice and he told them to knock off with the Peter's parents stuff but I guess someone there just really has a bug up their butt about it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Ebon Moss-Bachrach essentially confirms he has been cast as The Thing.

Casting allegedly finished right before the strike last year, but hasn't been announced publicly.

That means that the rumors about Mr. Fantastic and The Thing have been more or less confirmed, but still no information/confirmation on Human Torch or Sue Storm (rumored to be Joseph Quinn and Vanessa Kirby).

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1749203948668363068

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

muscles like this! posted:

When they were making ASM2 Sony asked Kevin Feige for advice and he told them to knock off with the Peter's parents stuff but I guess someone there just really has a bug up their butt about it.

Said it before but someone at Sony must really think Spider-Man's parents are like Batman's or Harry Potter's. Or want them to be.

If the story is true, originally Stan Lee didn't care about them and didn't think others would either, but eventually after enough fan mail questions he wrote the Annual issue that explained things. And then after that and for so many years the comics went back to being silent about them again.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Apparently, it was literally this, but then they tried to turn it into Tom Holland and realized the timelines didn't match up, so they just gave up and removed all of the more explicit connections.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if they forgot/didn't realize the MCU is like 8 years ahead of real time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lobok posted:

Said it before but someone at Sony must really think Spider-Man's parents are like Batman's or Harry Potter's. Or want them to be.

If the story is true, originally Stan Lee didn't care about them and didn't think others would either, but eventually after enough fan mail questions he wrote the Annual issue that explained things. And then after that and for so many years the comics went back to being silent about them again.

At this point I look at Batman and just think "get over it.".

I'm so sick of Thomas and Martha Wayne.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like "psychic future-reading hero has to stop a villain whose goal is to alter the future" feels pretty reasonable as a set piece compared to, say, "Peter Parker's father is the most important man to ever exist."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like "psychic future-reading hero has to stop a villain whose goal is to alter the future" feels pretty reasonable as a set piece compared to, say, "Peter Parker's father is the most important man to ever exist."

I don't think Peter's parents are going to be important except in the fact that they're Peter's parents. I doubt this is a ASM situation where there's some mystery or importance to the actual characters outside of that. Purely a standard "Kill your parents so you're never born" type of thing. Either way the movie isn't going to be good but I don't think they're putting any undue importance on the characters of Richard and Mary Parker.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

ImpAtom posted:

Technically it's Peter Parker's father's sperm that is what is important here.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Seems like it would be much easier to just hire Peter's parents for a lucrative job that requires them to move away from NYC and prevents Peter from ever taking a field trip to see genetically engineered spiders.

If you've already invented time travel, then surely you have the resources to offer a $125k salary and moving expenses to Kansas City in 1998.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Seems like it would be much easier to just hire Peter's parents for a lucrative job that requires them to move away from NYC and prevents Peter from ever taking a field trip to see genetically engineered spiders.

If you've already invented time travel, then surely you have the resources to offer a $125k salary and moving expenses to Kansas City in 1998.

That's never how predestination works. 15 year old Peter Parker's Missouri highschool takes a field trip to NYC to see the state of the art Oscorp biolab.

All that would get you is a way more racist Spider-Man.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Is this supposed to be linked to MCU Spider-Man, because I don't feel like Tom Holland was 13 in Civil War

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

If we're going that direction they can also just bump into Peter's father on the subway the day Peter was conceived thus making him one second late to bonetown and Peter-Sperm probably losing the sperm race.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Arist posted:

Is this supposed to be linked to MCU Spider-Man, because I don't feel like Tom Holland was 13 in Civil War

Yes, but only in the weirdest loosest sense. It was originally going to be set in the Amazing Spider-Man universe and be set in the 90's, but they changed it to early 2000's to accommodate the Tom Holland age.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Aphrodite posted:

That's never how predestination works. 15 year old Peter Parker's Missouri highschool takes a field trip to NYC to see the state of the art Oscorp biolab.

All that would get you is a way more racist Spider-Man.

Ah, the Spider-Man: Lotus version.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

kiminewt posted:

If we're going that direction they can also just bump into Peter's father on the subway the day Peter was conceived thus making him one second late to bonetown and Peter-Sperm probably losing the sperm race.

The dastardly villain “Dick and ball puncher”! Aided by his accomplice “hot oven at crotch level man”!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
The Beekeeper is basically a comic book movie, everyone go see it. I love that Statham keeps doing these goofy rear end movies between this and the Meg 2, which was another comic book movie.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

The dastardly villain “Dick and ball puncher”! Aided by his accomplice “hot oven at crotch level man”!

The weirdest crime spree in New York in 2003. Some dude punching guys in the dick, and get this, all of his victims were named Richard Parker.

Madkal fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 23, 2024

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Madkal posted:

The weirdest crime spree in New York in 2003. Some dude punching guys in the dick, and get this, all of his victims were named Richard Parker.

SVU started in 1999, that means Ice Cube could be on this case.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aphrodite posted:

SVU started in 1999, that means Ice T could be on this case.

"Kids on the street are calling it nutpucker. Newest craze"

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aphrodite posted:

SVU started in 1999, that means Ice Cube could be on this case.

“You mean to tell me this dude gets off on punching other dudes in the dick?”

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ice Cube could also be there, you're not the boss of him.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

The_Doctor posted:

“You mean to tell me this dude gets off on punching other dudes in the dick?”

Yes but that's just Stabler

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Munch would be all over the dickpunch conspiracy.

RIP

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Madkal posted:

So it’s the Terminator, but Arnold just rochambeaus people? Couldn’t be worse than Genisys.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Retrowave Joe posted:

So it’s the Terminator, but Arnold just rochambeaus people? Couldn’t be worse than Genisys.

"I need your motorcycle, your clothes, and very specifically those steel-toed boots"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Cool...?

This is possibly the weirdest clip they could have picked to be the first look at the movie.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1749665169288909038

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Action packed!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean it just kind of solidifies it as Superhero Final Destination

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
It will be funny if it is actually good.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

I mean, the concept is solid enough that I'm kind of interested, which is at least something. It's just that it has so much baggage attached to it that keeps me from being interested enough to actually watch it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I doubt it'll be actually good-good but it could be Venom-style bad-good.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

ImpAtom posted:

I doubt it'll be actually good-good but it could be Venom-style bad-good.

Venom's defining quality is that it has an incredibly energetic lead performance by Tom Hardy, beloved actor.

I can't see Fifty Shades lady delivering that.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Sydney Sweeney

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Per Ryan Reynolds’ Twitter, Deadpool 3 finished filming

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Jamesman posted:

I mean, the concept is solid enough that I'm kind of interested, which is at least something. It's just that it has so much baggage attached to it that keeps me from being interested enough to actually watch it.

It’s like The Flash, in that I am extremely interested in it but also absolutely do not want to see it.

Every detail just raises so many questions, most of which are “fuckin’ what?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

The Aquaman 2 after credits scene:

https://twitter.com/CBMovieFan/status/1750088678012047623