Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Empty Sandwich posted:

I did not know this

I did know that the letter A comes from Phoenician aleph, which is a stylized ox head that got rotated upside down by the time the Latin alphabet came around

"Get rotated herd" - Some Phoenician

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Phoenician cow-tipping

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

And if you do say it, don't say that he wore it better

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

Well obviously, he's freed the nipples.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Phlegmish posted:

Would you rather tell Andre that she wore it better?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
You can tell both that they are equally beautiful.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Inceltown posted:

Well, I'd happily tell him that NOW.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

I think he would've been pretty chill about it

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

don Jaime posted:

We're here to burgle your turts!

we are fresh out

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I was just in a target in houston, weird. Also had no clue Mos Def went by a different name now.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

He's been Yasiin Bey for 10 years or more now. I think he leaned harder into Nation of Islam in the early 2010s.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

He's been Yasiin Bey for 10 years or more now. I think he leaned harder into Nation of Islam in the early 2010s.

most definitely

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

https://i.imgur.com/AAk1OPU.mp4

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

What?

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I believe it is making a joke about people who have lost the part of their throat to cancer.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGiIfPyUtk8

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Pookah posted:

I believe it is making a joke about people who have lost the part of their throat to cancer.

It's kind of endearing that smoking is such a distant memory in society that the talk box is a forgotten reference.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

I was just in a target in houston, weird. Also had no clue Mos Def went by a different name now.

That's because he's not Mos Def. He's Ford Prefect.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

lobsterminator posted:

It's kind of endearing that smoking is such a distant memory in society that the talk box is a forgotten reference.

The first and only time I ever met someone using one, back in the mid-1990s, I had never heard of such a thing in my life. It was mildly terrifying for a few seconds there!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

lobsterminator posted:

Depends on where you live! The dispo I work in, we have a few regulars who use a voice box. Huzzah for Trump country :smithicide:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuh2w2sFRMI

This may be the only actually good anti-smoking ad to come out of the mid-2000s.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Another great addition to my collection of politicians with insane hair!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FTASzSPThM

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I straight up thought it was fax and a doo until retronauts or g cc or Jeremy perish or whoever cleared up that

And then I felt like the idiot I am since

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Charlie Brown finally getting older.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Drake is for young girls. Not sure about his music.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Amoeba102 posted:

Drake is forlikes young girls. Not sure about his music.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:thejoke:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

The General
Mar 4, 2007

I had no idea what to do with my hair so I just started shaving it all off. I definitely made the right choice.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I was gonna post Prince Adam but y'know, he somehow carries it off unlike these doofuses.

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

This one looks less "butchered hairdo" and more "hair that refuses to do anything flattering." I've known a few people that just have to say "gently caress it" when it comes to their hair, and just hope it never looks as bad as the first guy with different lengths chopped into it.

For myself, I have the choice of Pixie Cut or Tangled Mop. And yes, I do get mistaken for a lesbian a lot, but it's better than tangles upon tangles.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuh2w2sFRMI

This may be the only actually good anti-smoking ad to come out of the mid-2000s.

That has to be the only effectual "Truth" commercial ever made. I swear all the rest like when they did flash-mob style "die-ins" or whatever just made people so annoyed at the concept of anti-tobacco campaigns that they discounted any message from the ad.

story behind the Ultimate Dagwood:

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2024/01/the-3-foot-tall-cartoonishly-large-sandwich-and-the-detroit-lions-fan-who-ate-it-all.html

e: VVV yeah, most American thing is making the poison company make anti-poison advertisements and assuming they'd work in good faith.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dance McPants has a new favorite as of 22:21 on Jan 22, 2024

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

IIRC those anti-smoking campaigns were in fact paid for in part by the tobacco companies, which is why they were annoying and counter-productive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

The General posted:

Charlie Brown finally getting older.

https://www.whatisdeepfried.com/comic/weapon-brown/ (:nws: :nms:)