Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
we got the Lisa Simpson voice in one of her first appearances and now we moved onto Marge

that was mega unhinged and truly one of the funniest 20 minutes I’ve ever seen

five scary men coming down the stairs
foresight is important
three wise kings at the side of Jesus
two many blueberries in the stew
ooooooonnnnneeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I haven't seen the episode yet but Lisa Gilroy is loving insane on Comedy Bang Bang so I expect the same out of this. She's so drat funny.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
VIP is a great show. I’ve done edit work for Dropout, and you’re in for some really strong performances this season.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
Vic's nana having great legs will surely top the list of 2024's most sexually confusing experiences

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I can't believe Sam didn't realize Jake was doing Starfox Quotes.

(MSN cut for time)

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
God that VIP was so weird. I knew it would be weird from this thread but it was even weirder.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Awkward Davies posted:

God that VIP was so weird. I knew it would be weird from this thread but it was even weirder.

I think you are confusing weird and awesome

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

bunnyofdoom posted:

I think you are confusing weird and awesome

It was both.

Watching Vic and Lisa lean into each other’s chaos was amazing. Vic is so good at the quick thinking required to make a convincing “straight man” that the whole episode felt effortless.

The first two episodes were amusing, but Gilroy was the first guest to really just lean in and challenge Vic to keep up. (Though I may be biased due to my CBB listening history) This is the energy that I think this show needs to really sing. Both Ify and Ana felt like they were relying a bit too much on Vic to lead, though perhaps that was also a bit on Vic for not quite settling into her role yet.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MrQueasy posted:

Both Ify and Ana felt like they were relying a bit too much on Vic to lead, though perhaps that was also a bit on Vic for not quite settling into her role yet.

I don't think so, I remember seeing somewhere that the filming order is completely different to how they decided to put them out, and Ana was one of the last.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Fantasy High thoughts (having not gotten all the way through previous seasons...)

Seems like we're having some weird interactions with Fortune (money and/or luck) or something this year? Half the bad kids returned home to some money-related issue (having to deal with a sudden unearned amount of money, suddenly having less money saved up than you thought, owing a record company a bunch of money, etc), there's some embezzlement scheme going on with the festival that Gorgug's parents will be hosting the next iteration of, and Gilear is having good luck all of sudden that gives him money, while Fig is having bad luck.

I looked on the reddit, and opinion seems split on what Fig's seeming demonic deal might be:
a) 'yellow', 'lemony', and dairy products being a reference to Gilear's lemon yogurt interest, with the deal being some curse that gave all of Fig's luck to Gilear
b) 'yellow' and 'dairy products' being a reference to the creamed corn monster from season 1, with the deal being with either the eldritch entities that empowered the corn or, somehow, with Doris, the lunchlady who no one else seemed to care about besides Fig, and whose hairnet got damaged in the bad luck incident.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Bobulus posted:

Fantasy High thoughts (having not gotten all the way through previous seasons...)

Seems like we're having some weird interactions with Fortune (money and/or luck) or something this year? Half the bad kids returned home to some money-related issue (having to deal with a sudden unearned amount of money, suddenly having less money saved up than you thought, owing a record company a bunch of money, etc), there's some embezzlement scheme going on with the festival that Gorgug's parents will be hosting the next iteration of, and Gilear is having good luck all of sudden that gives him money, while Fig is having bad luck.

I looked on the reddit, and opinion seems split on what Fig's seeming demonic deal might be:
a) 'yellow', 'lemony', and dairy products being a reference to Gilear's lemon yogurt interest, with the deal being some curse that gave all of Fig's luck to Gilear
b) 'yellow' and 'dairy products' being a reference to the creamed corn monster from season 1, with the deal being with either the eldritch entities that empowered the corn or, somehow, with Doris, the lunchlady who no one else seemed to care about besides Fig, and whose hairnet got damaged in the bad luck incident.

I think Fig is pregnant

Natroga
Apr 20, 2008

Bobulus posted:

It's absolutely a variation of a).

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Natroga posted:

It's absolutely a variation of a).

100% and I'm guessing we're going fey related antagonists for this season

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Oh, forgot to ask: how many episodes is fantasy high getting this season? People get that info from the discord, right?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Yup, 20.

But also, they have a google doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTbsN0JheIEOr6MtxKl1gmXifqlROJxLJJzygMZwFIj__zirtM1AUyfYfMFa7ILT0yxC10wWfaTq11E/pub

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Five cast member Breaking News today with Sam, Grant, Elaine, Oscar, and Amy.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Slightly sad Amy has gotten better at Breaking News. Wanted to see her crack 100 in one episode :,)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/DontLaughNews/status/1749464651015041113

Holy poo poo. Holy holy poo poo

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Thank you.

quote:

Any info on the season(s) coming after Fantasy High Junior Year?

Yes. It will be titled “Never Stop Blowing Up.”

That sounds interesting. Based on the title, I'm picturing all the rpg characters competing on a reality TV show about fame.

Edit: use the misfits and magic system where dice explode when you roll the highest number, and make successes that exceed the threshold by ten or more have a chance to backfire, like when the most successful people on a reality show get hated.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 22, 2024

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

If it's not Dungeons and Drag Queens Season 2 (or Intrepid heroes) then I'm not interested! :colbert:

Not actually, but still.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Grant's been there the whole time!

EDIT: OK that was great and actually kinda cute at points.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 23, 2024

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

starting to wonder how much those prods really sting
this better not awake anything

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Amy making The Face and Sam's utter dismay was beautiful.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Amy making The Face and Sam's utter dismay was beautiful.

Hell, one of the first ones where Amy didn't lose.

Of course Amy lost it at the magician hate, after all she has her three exes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And of course Grant loves magic!

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hell, one of the first ones where Amy didn't lose.

Of course Amy lost it at the magician hate, after all she has her three exes

completely forgot about that amy lore, it makes it so much better

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Apparently Izzy and Brennan had a baby, and Brennan just accidentally disclosed it on some podcast.

(I’ll post the link when I get more context)

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

MrQueasy posted:

Apparently Izzy and Brennan had a baby, and Brennan just accidentally disclosed it on some podcast.

They revealed it in an incredibly elaborate and produced bit on their patreon bonus episode for WBN, so I think not accidental.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

T - 7 years or so until we get "Dimension 20: Kid's Quest" then sounds like.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Holy poo poo awesome and congrats to both!

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

CatstropheWaitress posted:

T - 7 years or so until we get "Dimension 20: Kid's Quest" then sounds like.

Maybe. One of the takeaways was "hey, we're not saying their name or showing their face to the internet until they can consent to that, so we're going to use a bunch of cutesy pseudonyms" which seems wise.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I remember on the Lie Detector episode of Game Changer, one of Brendan's truths was that more than anything he wanted to be a dad. So happy that it's happened for them.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Guessing we'll be getting a few non-Brennan sidequests after Junior Year.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

MikeJF posted:

Guessing we'll be getting a few non-Brennan sidequests after Junior Year.

Dimension 20 is in production for a year+, so we'll probably have at least one more Brennan season before the sidequests.

But congrats to them, that's very happy news!

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

MrQueasy posted:

Definitely not accidental. They announced it at an improv show they did in LA last week that I went to. Said they hadn't said anything on socials yet, but I assume they knew about the release schedule, etc.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

bbcisdabomb posted:

Dimension 20 is in production for a year+, so we'll probably have at least one more Brennan season before the sidequests.

But congrats to them, that's very happy news!

I think you're right here, with the timeline mentioned here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5SguWs4JwI

Also, I think Rashawn implied yesterday Izzy was pregnant during Burrow's end. Haven't watched it yet, but I've seen clips of here where it looks like she's hiding her stomach

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Nice to get a full rp episode with the Bad Kids again, and I really like Kalina being back, looking forward to more shenanigans with her

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Ally was absolutely on fire that episode.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

MrQueasy posted:

That's awesome! Been hoping it would work out for the two of them since I saw the lie detector episode of Game Changer. It's great to hear that Brennan's #1 wish came true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Ally was absolutely on fire that episode.
There were a lot of moments that hit pretty hard during that episode. "Chaos stops being cute" is such a hammerblow after how Ally's played Kristen for several seasons, which if that was how it was played on the long term was just a masterstroke.

Plenty of moments in that ep also just gave me flashbacks to stress from highschool. Somehow filled me with more dread than any given combat scenario.