Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Hey Aston Villa if you really want Morgan Rogers that desperately give us £10m and he's yours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/CDEccleshare/status/1748258187197784342

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

They should have photoshopped a rainbow armband onto footage of him playing in Saudi Arabia.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nobody saw him play in Saudi Arabia

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheEuropeanLad/status/1748280362478776682

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
everything up until now was embarrassing for him, but that's just embarrassing for Ajax fans

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

vyelkin posted:

everything up until now was embarrassing for him, but that's just embarrassing for Ajax fans

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Darius Vassell arriving in Turkey and the fans are weeping and setting off flares in the airport but it's a club that's won 4 European cups :sad:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

vyelkin posted:

Wonder how many of those sales are to Liverpoo fans who want to appear classy and cosmopolitan

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
finally the world gets to see how embarrassing ajax fans are

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Liverpool and Ajax fans with their europa and conference league trophies jumping together chanting "Bedankt Suarez!"!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

yeah this is definitely true and not made up at all

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

wait it’s real, what the gently caress

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
https://www.ajaxlife.nl/articles/2024/januari-2024/shirtverkoop-henderson-breekt-binnen-24-uur-al-record-bij-ajax

fastest-selling is not the same as best-selling but still weird yeah

google auto translate posted:

Ajax always measures the first week what a player’s shirt sales do after he has been attracted. According to the club, Henderson’s shirt is the fastest-selling shirt ever. He wins with ease from Dusan Tadic and Daley Blind. Henderson’s shirt was sold more often within 24 hours than that of Tadic and Blind in a week.

Precise numbers are never mentioned, but Ajax says that this is already the fastest selling shirt of a player. Henderson's just not gonna beat the Marleyshirt sales. Within 24 hours, he went even faster. Boss over boss, right?

[...]

Online sales are like a madman. Not just in the Netherlands. The Ajax shirt with Henderson on it is now also eagerly in the retraction within Asia. The reason for this may be that Liverpool has always invested heavily in the countries there. As captain of The Reds, Henderson's shirt was sold there a lot anyway.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
"Online sales are like a madman."

:hmmyes:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Insane. Having said that, who buys a Daley Blind shirt?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Xabi posted:

It's weird. It's almost like he spent the first half of his career there, and his father is a club legend.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Xabi posted:

someone who wants to supplement their collection of Dusan Tadic and Jordan Henderson shirts that they also can't wear in public

whostolemyhat
Jan 15, 2014

quote:

it is now also eagerly in the retraction within Asia

Yeah I bet, the star of any side is a 33-year-old water carrier

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Nice to have further confirmation that Dutch people are loving weirdos

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012

Xabi posted:

Perfect gift for your friend who's a ref.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

whostolemyhat posted:

Yeah I bet, the star of any side is a 33-year-old water carrier

its so completely surreal

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Brighton have signed another ginger Argentinian.

https://x.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1748661652231254399?s=20

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

quote:

Jordan Henderson says his move to Ajax is a "football decision", adding "sometimes these things don't work" of his time in the Saudi Pro League.

Henderson only joined Al-Ettifaq in July but had his contract cancelled so he could join the Dutch giants.

He also reiterated his apology to members of the LGBT+ community upset at his move to Saudi Arabia, where same-sex sexual activity is illegal.

"My beliefs haven't changed and they never will," said the midfielder.

"I said six months ago that if I offended anyone or if people feel like I let them down then I apologise for that and I'll apologise again.

"I haven't changed as a person, I never have."

Nice of him to admit that he's always been an unthinking shill, going whichever way gets him the most affection or money and never learning anything

quote:

Despite his short stay, the former Sunderland trainee would not criticise the league and said he would not advise players against going.

"I think a lot of people would like me to sit here and criticise the Saudi thing and everything that went with that but that certainly wasn't the case and not something that I'm doing to do," he said.

"I've got full respect for the league and Al-Ettifaq the club and the people over there. They really made me feel welcome. Unfortunately sometimes these things in life just don't work out, in football and life in general.

"If you look at big players that are there and loving every second of it and staying there for a long time. You might get players who don't settle and don't stay for a long time, or whatever it might be, things can change quickly.

"I would definitely not sit here and speak badly of the league, the clubs or anything like that."

greazeball fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 20, 2024

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

he's legit very, VERY good and you should be expecting a nine-figure bid for Colo from Chelsea in a year or two

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Lost in the Hendo chat, Perisic is going back home to Hajduk Split first on loan and the probably permanently when his contract runs out in the summer. Sad about his injury but what a pro. Glad he played for us.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

A New Bald to Manchester United

https://twitter.com/David_Ornstein/status/1748768740336918706

me stakeholders will be pleased

whostolemyhat
Jan 15, 2014

But of a career change for the Hood

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

He does have the potential to be scary good. Tottenham under Ange would probably suit him well too.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Mourinho to newcastle please.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Jippa posted:

Mourinho to newcastle please.

Howe would this work?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

kri kri posted:

Howe would this work?

Poorly, hopefully

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1749373759377875175?t=5M0HVjcdkIF7lHHoOzJKMg&s=19

Lmao.

Just ban sales between clubs owned by the same people. If the deal is for a fair market value someone else will come in for them.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Choosing to believe he's transferring to the Somali militant group

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1749373759377875175?t=5M0HVjcdkIF7lHHoOzJKMg&s=19

Lmao.

Just ban sales between clubs owned by the same people. If the deal is for a fair market value someone else will come in for them.

Probably a good long term idea but gently caress every club that bought it's way to success before it was made a little bit harder tbh

I hate arsenal fans

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Benzema also wants to flee Saudi Arabia and apparently his likely destination is his boyhood club Lyon where maybe he can save them from relegation

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Jose posted:

I hate arsenal fans

hermyownee
Jun 5, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Lmao.

Guardian is saying £30mm. Even if that is inflating miggy's value, I'm not confident we can replace him for that, let alone improve the squad. I also have no idea how ffp works. Does selling him for more than we paid get us extra brownie points or something?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Can a Newcastle fan explain if they have an up and coming Almiron replacement in the squad that would make it worth selling him for a relatively small sum?