Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

swickles posted:

You can just say it was SpaceX

It's not. It's Electroimpact, who's CEO used to pay employees $1000 for having kids and/or getting married, refused to hire women, and ran for mayor on a platform of "Muslims are evil".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

The video with the CEO was shared here. People have been dunking on Boeing there in general since the whole “window fell out” thing happened

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
I had a flight from sfo get canceled on Thursday due to max 9 grounding. Thankfully could book a 1 stop connecting through Denver to get home around the same time. Had ~10 minutes to catch the connecting flight, so cut it close and also got COVID for the second time during my travels.

Thankfully not too bad - tired, a little achy and like, congested sinuses draining into my throat our the most annoying things.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have a scheduled flight on a Max 9 Friday on Alaska Airlines, and I'm betting that's gonna be canceled / delayed if they can't find a -900 to replace it.

Guess I'll just have to spend more time in the bay!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I do not want to go in tomorrow. I'm on peer support and stuff happened over the weekend so it'll be busy. Mostly telling admin staff that it's okay to be upset at having to handle incredibly distressing material and field workers my 10+ years of accumulated horror stories.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Any of y’all use marijuana gummies to help get to bed?

Do you feel rested afterwards or is it a sleep that doesn’t actually get you energized?

Yes and yes, though fairly low dose ones and as mentioned taking it two hours before bed helps. Honestly at this point they’ve become associated enough in my brain that I take one and I get sleepy regardless of what time of day it is, not something that I can do easily take recreationally anymore

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LeeMajors posted:

Haley is going to lose by 30 here haha, it rules

Oh she's gonna get her poo poo kicked in by Trump but the non-trump candidates needed to coalesce around someone and it wasn't gonna be desantis

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thaddius the Large posted:

Yes and yes, though fairly low dose ones and as mentioned taking it two hours before bed helps. Honestly at this point they’ve become associated enough in my brain that I take one and I get sleepy regardless of what time of day it is, not something that I can do easily take recreationally anymore

I need to start doing this.

You got a brand / dosage amount that work well for you?

I think the responsible thing for me to do is start with enough cbd to kill an elephant.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Oh for fucks sake. Decided to get a drink at the corner bar after work and took the only open seat at the bar and it's between two different couples very clearly on their first or second date.

It's a sports bar, I came here to get in an argument with a guy missing at least one tooth about the Chiefs' shot at the Superbowl.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I got in to a weird 1am fight about the Mariners at the old 13 coins (rip). My local dive bar is pretty good though and you'd find someone to argue with you about the Chiefs there.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think the responsible thing for me to do is start with enough cbd to kill an elephant.

For sleep I take about 10mg about 3 hours before bed.

Im not sure what the interactions are like depending on mass but im only about 163 pounds but puts me out like a light and stops me having anxiety when I'm tryna sleep.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Spoeank posted:

Oh she's gonna get her poo poo kicked in by Trump but the non-trump candidates needed to coalesce around someone and it wasn't gonna be desantis

If they wanted to support an old school republican there’s one on the D ticket, they just lack the courage.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Air Skwirl posted:

Oh for fucks sake. Decided to get a drink at the corner bar after work and took the only open seat at the bar and it's between two different couples very clearly on their first or second date.

It's a sports bar, I came here to get in an argument with a guy missing at least one tooth about the Chiefs' shot at the Superbowl.

The last time I was out near someone on an early date, it was a guy telling his date she really needs to listen to Joe Rogan while she kept trying to change the topic to anything else.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

It was loving cold in Missouri.

Range shack cat was very cuddly.

Also cold in St. Louis.

Funny enough my friend I'm staying with works at the St. Louis Boeing plant building F-18 Super Hornets.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/MrEAnders/status/1749220491020349666?s=20

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Honestly, it should probably be a shot of the Wicked Witch of the West's toes curling back up

T-Square
May 14, 2009

PROS: I lent my friend my copy of BotW a few months ago and he loved it so much he went out and bought TotK and tore through it. He returned BotW to me over the weekend and sent along TotK with it.

CONS: I don’t wanna do work today all I wanna do is play more TotK this poo poo has hooked me in exactly the same way BotW did when I played it the first time and I couldn’t be happier

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

T-Square posted:

PROS: I lent my friend my copy of BotW a few months ago and he loved it so much he went out and bought TotK and tore through it. He returned BotW to me over the weekend and sent along TotK with it.

CONS: I don’t wanna do work today all I wanna do is play more TotK this poo poo has hooked me in exactly the same way BotW did when I played it the first time and I couldn’t be happier

I think it might be my fave game of all time, op.

I still haven’t beat it. Still got the fourth temple to go.

Have barely explored sky and depths.

Must take a weekend or leave so that I may game.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I literally went with whatever was ubiquitous in local shops and struck my fancy, my usual is Jackpot which makes 10 mg gummies in a variety of flavors and strains, but I haven’t really attended to any others out there. The Huckleberry Sativa is my go to since I always preferred sativas over indicas back when I smoked flower, it tended to minimize the couch-lock and lessen anxiety, but by my vague understanding largely informed by Bill Walton everyone reacts differently to different strains, your best bet will be to sample a couple things until you find the right vibe. Scientific method!

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Couple hits off a pen and a 5mg melatonin, then get the vivid rear end weird dreams. I was an underwater shark man, competing against other shark men hunting giant sea monsters off of Catalina last night. Woke up during the championship round tho.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Indicas for me are largely more relaxing and conducive to sleep. Sativas tend to be more energizing and are more likely to cause me anxiety and keep me up. Though I use concentrates in vape cartridges, not edibles. Plan 2+ hours for an edible to take effect.

If you do concentrates, get a terpene chart if you like to pay attention to flavor and the different effects terpenes can have on the high. For instance, I've heard certain terpenes can help reduce the anxiety, like limolene. Haven't looked into that part though.

Nervous fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 22, 2024

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Also lol we get 5 and 10MG gummies and I take half of a 5 and am zonked. The Camino brand gummies are good though, and while I don’t take them specifically to sleep, I do sleep pretty dang good if I’ve taken one at least like 2 or 3 hours before bed

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rectal Placenta posted:

Honestly, it should probably be a shot of the Wicked Witch of the West's toes curling back up

The GBS TRUMP thread has you covered. Good stuff in there.

great username posted:

Rob dropping out of the election

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Staying with a friend in St. Louis and they got a new 9-month old dog with the whippets tail. She hit me in the right eye with it while sitting on the couch.

Cricket now giving me the side-eye before I go to bed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
timg plz

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hi Cricket

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

Staying with a friend in St. Louis and they got a new 9-month old dog with the whippets tail. She hit me in the right eye with it while sitting on the couch.

Cricket now giving me the side-eye before I go to bed.

Cricket wants some of the emergency wings you have packed away.

Also please pet Cricket for me.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I just renewed my passport and they sent my old one back to me. Can I just toss this in the garbage? I actually wasn't expecting it back and I don't know what I should do with an expired passport.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

I just renewed my passport and they sent my old one back to me. Can I just toss this in the garbage? I actually wasn't expecting it back and I don't know what I should do with an expired passport.

They send it back I think cause some people like to keep them as like travel mementos. You could like cut it up yourself and toss it if you're worried but it should have come back with a hole punch through it that renders it invalid

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Yeah, you can keep it as a souvenir or just run it through a shredder.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
drat, flying out of St. Louis today has been… a thing. First off the Southwest Airlines attendant at the bag check in never had to check in firearms before, so that took some time. Then TSA had me take off my outer shirt to go thru the backscanner (and take my CPAP out of its designated travel case). To top it off, Three Kings didn't have any staff come in due to the ice storm so I was literally the last person to place an order before they closed the kitchen.

Had to get a burger instead of wings. At least they gave me a free beer for the delay.

Downside is I'll have to eat this on the plane since my order came out 3 minutes before they started boarding.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Downside is I'll have to eat this on the plane since my order came out 3 minutes before they started boarding.

Sounds like quitter talk to me. Get chewing!

Also, unless you have an empty flight, or are boarding early, it takes like 10-15 minutes from start of boarding before I'm usually on the plane.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Also, unless you have an empty flight, or are boarding early, it takes like 10-15 minutes from start of boarding before I'm usually on the plane.

The food arrived when I heard they were starting to board, and I'm in the A group. This is also a full flight thanks to the ice storm in St. Louis getting all delayed/cancelled folks shuffled around.

I'm going to spend :20bux: on in-flight booze & internet to shitpost while eating this burger at 30,000 feet.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Taking my tuxie girl to the vet today, hopefully she gets the clear for her spay because her yowling when she is in heat can get really distracting.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Oh hey I hacked the CCTV at the airport and got this footage of Android Apocalypse:

https://youtu.be/zAwcj6d8XTQ?si=IIuKnA7Ese_7JynE

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

drat, flying out of St. Louis today has been… a thing. First off the Southwest Airlines attendant at the bag check in never had to check in firearms before, so that took some time. Then TSA had me take off my outer shirt to go thru the backscanner (and take my CPAP out of its designated travel case). To top it off, Three Kings didn't have any staff come in due to the ice storm so I was literally the last person to place an order before they closed the kitchen.

Had to get a burger instead of wings. At least they gave me a free beer for the delay.

Are you going on a hunting trip or are you a professional body guard? because I'm trying to think of other reasons to bring a gun when flying.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maybe he's hunting body guards.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

AA earned his wings a long time ago so the TSA lets him do what he wants

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Air Skwirl posted:

Are you going on a hunting trip or are you a professional body guard? because I'm trying to think of other reasons to bring a gun when flying.

Shooting competition I think he said?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I’ve never had a robe and finally bought one and fellas lemme tell ya

Pretty great