Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

Who cares, he stays healthy every year and they are a perennial division winner. “Josh Allen isn’t a winner” would be the worst take from the playoffs

It's a bad way to state it, but the Bills do have a problem in that they're $44m over next year's cap and their expensive guys are... tricky to move around to free up space.

$47m Josh Allen - Yeah you can move money forward, you expect him to be there at least the next 5 years, yadda yadda, but his 2025 cap hit is already $57m, then 52, 45 and 41. They already were moving his money forward, so they still probably do it, but that ball just gonna get bigger.

$28m Stefon Diggs - Fell off hard 2nd half of the season, don't save anything moving on from him the next two years. Have to hope he was just injured and rebounds or hope someone just sees the name and trades you too much for him.

$24m Von Miller - Looked like Vernon Gholston this year. Just shot after his ACL tear, has a $33m dead cap hit. Probably just have to June 1st him and turn that into $17 / 16 dead cap hits the next two years

Then you have Dion Dawkins and Tre'Davious White at $16m each, Knox at $14m, Milano, Taron Johnson and Mitch Morse each at $12m, all of which are either worth it (I think) or on extensions with more dead money then savings.

The last two years were the Bills going all in, and now they're going to have to do some belt tightening and reset a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I hope it's not too pearl clutch to think that's kinda bush league.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

AndrewP posted:

Who cares, he stays healthy every year and they are a perennial division winner. “Josh Allen isn’t a winner” would be the worst take from the playoffs

Ya if anything that Tweet is an indictment of the head coach.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Dawson Knox is dramatically overpaid to be a TE2.

This isn't exactly at the top of the list of Bills issues but I don't understand what they were doing at TE. Kincaid looked great while Knox was hurt. Then the millisecond he was healthy again they went right back to a 50:50 split. You drafted this dude in the first round why are you taking him off the field for Dawson "10 yards per game" Knox

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Docjowles posted:

This isn't exactly at the top of the list of Bills issues but I don't understand what they were doing at TE. Kincaid looked great while Knox was hurt. Then the millisecond he was healthy again they went right back to a 50:50 split. You drafted this dude in the first round why are you taking him off the field for Dawson "10 yards per game" Knox

Friends with Josh.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MJeff posted:

Yeah I think the hot water thing is kind of dumb. A funny prank to pull on a high school football rival but like...you're adults.

Ifgalra
Jun 19, 2023

ooouuuhh what the !!

MJeff posted:

It is, but it's also the kind of petty spitefulness that rivalries are built on.

Being completely uninvolved though, it's funny.

Nov 6, 2002

fake but lol

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1749473499402346879

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

These people I don't get. You could at least wait until they make the Super Bowl before making that appointment.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

One more Jason Kelce video I missed:

https://twitter.com/stolenkxsses/status/1749313081350705533

Kylie is Jason's wife, that dude was ungovernable last night :v:

https://twitter.com/nathalieabc17/status/1749232876611059894?s=46

(She’s in the very back, left of the guy in the chiefs sweatshirt.)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Getting kinda sick of all these fuckin Kelces

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

SilvergunSuperman posted:

bad news, the post-retirement media career Kelce era is only about to begin

probably will feel less unnecessary and obnoxious than Gronk at least

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
One of my favorite part of destroying the Bills annoying hype train every year is the crying and whining their fans do while hypocritically calling the Chiefs babies or spoiled by the refs or whatever. It’s just so great. That hot water thing is next level.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I mean, I get the annoyance at the over-exposure of the Kelces in general, but a large drunk shirtless man screaming into the night in support of his little brother is just too charming for me to deny.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'd be ok with the chiefs going to the Superbowl if it means more drunk rear end Jason Kelce without a shirt. Good foil to Taylor Swift.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

One more Jason Kelce video I missed:

https://twitter.com/stolenkxsses/status/1749313081350705533

Kylie is Jason's wife, that dude was ungovernable last night :v:

Kelce has clearly demanded this be taken down lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
for me:
- lamar jackson kicks a ton of rear end and it was really funny watching ravens fans hate on him for wanting to get paid as much as a rapist in the offseason lol
- taylor swift hate from tons of the nfl fanbase gives me insane power because it comes from nowhere and feels weird and offputting, so a chiefs win would generate a ton of content for me, personally.

i dont know who to root for. drat

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Jason Kelce saved us from the boring shots of Taylor Swift sitting in the box so I'm thankful for that. Dude also drank beer with Bills fans before the game... he's pretty okay in my book. Travis is slightly less insufferable than Mahomes at this point.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Still insane that zero teams made any effort to lure Lamar away. There’s like… less than 10 that have credible alternatives or couldn’t do it cause they are already locked into a terrible QB contract? Like yeah the Ravens almost certainly end up with him but… at least loving try!!! The MVP is (ostensibly) a free agent and you don’t even pick up the phone?

Everyone else deserves to lose to them for the stupid collusion scheme. This is my conference championship round hot take

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Victorious Radia posted:

for me:
- lamar jackson kicks a ton of rear end and it was really funny watching ravens fans hate on him for wanting to get paid as much as a rapist in the offseason lol
- taylor swift hate from tons of the nfl fanbase gives me insane power because it comes from nowhere and feels weird and offputting, so a chiefs win would generate a ton of content for me, personally.

i dont know who to root for. drat

Lamar deserves a super bowl W to cap off that entire stupid offseason of people pretending it was legit for teams like the Falcons to be uninterested in him at the same time the Browns pulled the poo poo they did

unless they play the Lions, anyways

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Docjowles posted:

Still insane that zero teams made any effort to lure Lamar away. There’s like… less than 10 that have credible alternatives or couldn’t do it cause they are already locked into a terrible QB contract? Like yeah the Ravens almost certainly end up with him but… at least loving try!!! The MVP is (ostensibly) a free agent and you don’t even pick up the phone?

Everyone else deserves to lose to them for the stupid collusion scheme. This is my conference championship round hot take

You don't understand it would've been so much effort to put together an offer sheet. That's like so much work man. There's words and numbers and stuff

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/WuforMVP/status/1749289551351210384?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

No shame in losing to Lamar at home.

But also consider

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

I liked how when he caught that first deep pass he seemed as surprised as everyone else in the world was that he caught it.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
For real, I was like why are the announcers not making a bigger deal out of this miracle.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Ort posted:

For real, I was like why are the announcers not making a bigger deal out of this miracle.

My wife, who has only started watching football because of Swift, was like isn't that the guy who can't catch?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
O/U on number of days before Diggs requests a trade: 14

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Scipiotik posted:

My wife, who has only started watching football because of Swift, was like isn't that the guy who can't catch?

lol. Although you need to be more specific when it comes to the Chiefs these days

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:smith:

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Gonz posted:

If he does, the Bills should definitely ship him out while they can still get a day 2 pick in return

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Gonz posted:

Are the Vikings interested? He actually doesn't suck rear end in the playoffs for them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gonz posted:

I posted in the AFCE thread, but 20 years ago, you'd definitely see the Raiders or Football Team trade for Diggs. Today, probably a bit trickier, but I think it's 50/50 they could get a 2nd for him from someone thirsty for weapons, and that'd both solve and cause the Bills a bunch of problems.

Nov 6, 2002

Maybe Tepper will make Diggs his big (toilet) splash of the off season.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

TW that poo poo man.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Was just gonna say that'd be perfect for the Panthers. Honestly not a terrible trade for them. Trade this years 3rd or like next years 2nd.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

nah we'll get the Brian Callahan/Tee higgins wombo combo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Scipiotik posted:

https://twitter.com/rradryan/status/1749254020143739219?s=46

And yes, r/taylorswift now just has normal GDTs

https://twitter.com/rradryan/status/1749253701112311916?s=46

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/stressfulwaters/status/1749480875492798879

Incredible.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

But also consider

Ravens have a good OC and receivers now!

I’m a true believer in this offense now after watching them adjust to the Texans’ blitz-every-down plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The337th posted:

probably will feel less unnecessary and obnoxious than Gronk at least

Lmao tell me you’re a chiefs fan without telling me you’re a chiefs fan