Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Thanks, but I don't think so for two reasons:

1. The thing I'm thinking of, I feel was more of a documentary on people who had a medical condition that rendered them constantly angry, with the example of the guy I mentioned trying to contain his rage over a totally calm situation.

2. I'm pressure sure I watched it in my first year of university which ran from 2004-2005, whereas the Griff Rhys Jones thing was apparently in 2008.

this is from the right time period, but it's about teenagers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Make_Me_Angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Yeah I looked that up today before I posted - but the guy I'm thinking of was certainly an adult and there was no therapeutic element to it.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

An NES game borrowed from the opening notes of Wake Up Little Susie for its music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1AcbP0_SYs

For a long time, I thought I remembered it as being T&C Surf Designs, but upon watching a video of that game, that's not it. What could it be?

Pretty sure it's an NES game because I didn't have many Genesis games and even less for any system after that.

edit: May or may not have answered my own question.

I think it's this, but if there might be a closer match in another game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whsqy5CvgVE

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 22, 2024

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Snake Rattle And Roll for the NES, maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNJBMqYj4ZI

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Recently there was a mirror selfie style video posted of a lady in a skull blouse saying "it's time to get up. Wake up sleepyhead. Wakey Wakey eggs and bakey. GET UP" in increasingly aggressive tones. I want it for a ringtone. Where was it?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Superterranean posted:

Recently there was a mirror selfie style video posted of a lady in a skull blouse saying "it's time to get up. Wake up sleepyhead. Wakey Wakey eggs and bakey. GET UP" in increasingly aggressive tones. I want it for a ringtone. Where was it?

poo poo I think it was PYF

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1181678852624359465/1197308800013713538/hsv0b735o1dc1.mp4

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
There is nothing I do not love about that clip except not knowing if I am missing out on other amazing work from that same woman

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Dr. Quarex posted:

There is nothing I do not love about that clip except not knowing if I am missing out on other amazing work from that same woman

https://www.youtube.com/@noteasybeinwheezy/shorts

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Superterranean posted:

it was the first six hits on google for "wake up girl tiktok"

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8sxSCRJ/

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Thanks - I'll look harder myself next time.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
There was some old electronic (techno?) song that was shared on here (forgot with subforum) many moons ago - something that was kind of bouncy, but then all of the sudden some horrible vocals drop in saying the word "ZABBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."

I would really like to find this again for a good laugh, if anyone else knows what I'm talking about/where to find the track.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Years ago, I owned an audio tape from the 1980s or 1990s called Terror in the Toybox. It was essentially the audio equivalent of a Chick Tract: Playing Dungeons & Dragons will corrupt your children and turn them into demon worshippers.
It was full of hilarious hysteria and false information, and I would dearly love to listen to it again. Sadly, I haven't found any recordings online. Apparently it was based on a book, so a PDF or eBook would also be cool.

A Google search did turn up several posts on Reddit and other forums that also referenced the book, but nobody named the author. I'm pretty sure it was a woman - at least the audio version was narrated by a very worried-sounding female voice.
Also, in the time between the original book and now, several other projects with the same title have sprung up - some no doubt inspired by the original - which doesn't make the search any easier. :(

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dave Syndrome posted:

Years ago, I owned an audio tape from the 1980s or 1990s called Terror in the Toybox. It was essentially the audio equivalent of a Chick Tract: Playing Dungeons & Dragons will corrupt your children and turn them into demon worshippers.
It was full of hilarious hysteria and false information, and I would dearly love to listen to it again. Sadly, I haven't found any recordings online. Apparently it was based on a book, so a PDF or eBook would also be cool.

A Google search did turn up several posts on Reddit and other forums that also referenced the book, but nobody named the author. I'm pretty sure it was a woman - at least the audio version was narrated by a very worried-sounding female voice.
Also, in the time between the original book and now, several other projects with the same title have sprung up - some no doubt inspired by the original - which doesn't make the search any easier. :(

Are you sure it wasn't Turmoil in the Toybox?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jrMoVWl5KA

Edit: I can't find an audiobook for that but the sequel Turmoil In The Toybox II had an audiobook version which looks like it was narrated by Joan H Robie
https://www.amazon.ca/Turmoil-Toybox-II-Audio-Joan-Robie/dp/0914984268

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jan 24, 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Word or phrase I saw within the last week or so either here or some random reddit thread and it was basically for a sentence that had never been used before. Like completely unique. I've got too many threads here alone to search to probably find it in short order (although I will as time allows) and if it was on reddit I'll never find it again lol. I don't know if it was a proper linguistic term or some internet neologism but if I find it I'll let you know so you can stop.

shame on an IGA posted:

it was the first six hits on google for "wake up girl tiktok"

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8sxSCRJ/

You're too late :smug: though I guess you should get credit for finding the source

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Word or phrase I saw within the last week or so either here or some random reddit thread and it was basically for a sentence that had never been used before. Like completely unique. I've got too many threads here alone to search to probably find it in short order (although I will as time allows) and if it was on reddit I'll never find it again lol. I don't know if it was a proper linguistic term or some internet neologism but if I find it I'll let you know so you can stop.

completely novel sentences?

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Are you sure it wasn't Turmoil in the Toybox?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jrMoVWl5KA

Edit: I can't find an audiobook for that but the sequel Turmoil In The Toybox II had an audiobook version which looks like it was narrated by Joan H Robie
https://www.amazon.ca/Turmoil-Toybox-II-Audio-Joan-Robie/dp/0914984268

As soon as I read the name "Joan Hake Robie" on the Amazon page, the memory came back. It was indeed "Turmoil", not "Terror". Thank you very much! :neckbeard:

EDIT: And now it gets weirder: The audiobook I remembered is actually called The Truth About Dungeons & Dragons, also by Joan Hake Robie. She did plug Turmoil in the Toybox Two at the end of the tape though, and I guess by sheer force of alliteration, that title was memorable enough to get stuck in my mind. Memory is a weird thing.

EDIT IN THE TOYBOX TWO: And here is the audiobook! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qgxK786Vnw The speaker sounds just as hysterically worried as I remember her.

Dave Syndrome fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jan 24, 2024

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hapax legomenon?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Runcible Cat posted:

Hapax legomenon?

That's it, it was from all the way back on the 30th of december jesus

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Rooney McNibnug posted:

There was some old electronic (techno?) song that was shared on here (forgot with subforum) many moons ago - something that was kind of bouncy, but then all of the sudden some horrible vocals drop in saying the word "ZABBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA."

I would really like to find this again for a good laugh, if anyone else knows what I'm talking about/where to find the track.

not sure if this is it but this is what it made me think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZjEg0UpMeY

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

barnold posted:

not sure if this is it but this is what it made me think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZjEg0UpMeY

That’s not the one, but it is loving funny

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

e: nm; I found it right away.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 26, 2024

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

A Schoolhouse Rock song, but I don't remember enough details to look it up properly. The last line of the song mentions infinity, and the cartoon is an ice skater doing a figure eight. The view flips 90 degrees so that the '8' becomes an infinity symbol.

https://youtu.be/p-yBnYM14qM?feature=shared

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 26, 2024

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Thanks!

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Someone in the weed thread made me think of this. There's a lot of chill electronic songs that overlay their beats with fun quotes from movies instead of lyrics. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this.

Spotify used to play this one for me and the audio seems to be from an old creature-horror movie. Possibly really old judging from the nuances of the accent and audio compression, but I suppose even movies from the early 80's can have that feel these days, but it gave me more "The Blob" vibes.

If my recollection was good, I could probably find it, since I can't I bet this is way off, but I have to start somewhere - the quote is something like:

"It wasn't a man! He took 5 slugs from my .45 and kept on going. What kind of person can take 5 slugs and walk away like it's nothing!"

My own attempts turned up Halloween 2, because I guess some dude shot MM 6 times, but this is not the correct reference.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
I've been trying to remember the name of a (I'm pretty sure) late 90's FPS game that had more of a story going on than other shooters. The game began in a mansion and slowly got more weird and surreal, there were journeys to other dimensions like a hellish place and an angelic place with I think voice acted pseudo-cutscenes. There was an LP of the game here, but that was years ago.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Darkest Auer posted:

I've been trying to remember the name of a (I'm pretty sure) late 90's FPS game that had more of a story going on than other shooters. The game began in a mansion and slowly got more weird and surreal, there were journeys to other dimensions like a hellish place and an angelic place with I think voice acted pseudo-cutscenes. There was an LP of the game here, but that was years ago.

You might could ask the retro fps thread. Those people are weird though. I post there all the time

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Milo and POTUS posted:

You might could ask the retro fps thread. Those people are weird though. I post there all the time

Thanks

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Darkest Auer posted:

Sounds like Clive Barker’s Undying.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Darkest Auer posted:

maybe requiem avenging angel? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Requiem:_Avenging_Angel

or clive barker's undying?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Barker%27s_Undying

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

If it's on the older side, maybe "Killing Time"? I haven't played it myself, but looking through videos, it hits some of the right notes.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Requiem starts briefly in Heaven and then descends straight into Hell for a couple of levels before sending the player to Earth.

That sounds more like it, there are definitely travels to the past and sorta-demonic areas included, but I don't recall any "angelic" places.

I replayed both during the pandemic :)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Well, the FPS thread got it, it was https://store.steampowered.com/app/292390/Realms_of_the_Haunting/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hell yeah I'm counting that as an assist.

databasic
Jan 8, 2024
Does anyone remember a very old front page SA Photoshop thread or article that featured a Fed Ex or USPS warning to delivery people about dogs? There was a picture of the dog wearing the deliveryman's shoes that basically launched my interest in internet absurdism. Other sites were involved but my early 00's teenage self could not handle how funny it was to warn a Fed Ex guy about a dog stealing his shoes. Iirc every muscle in my torso ached from laughing and UNTAGGED SPOILER: that wasn't even the start of the internet.

I still think about that dog sometimes.

databasic fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 1, 2024

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

databasic posted:

Does anyone remember a very old front page SA Photoshop thread or article that featured a Fed Ex or USPS warning to delivery people about dogs? There was a picture of the dog wearing the deliveryman's shoes that basically launched my interest in internet absurdism. Other sites were involved but my early 00's teenage self could not handle how funny it was to warn a Fed Ex guy about a dog stealing his shoes. Iirc every muscle in my torso ached from laughing and UNTAGGED SPOILER: that wasn't even the start of the internet.

I still think about that dog sometimes.

Yes, we remember. It's one of the most well-known bits of SA forums-generated content.

https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/safety-message-from/1/

databasic
Jan 8, 2024
Ty from the bottom of my heart :sparkles:

Historically I tend to lurk. Cultural relevance is an inaccessible enigma to me.
This is not an apology.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Darkest Auer posted:

Already answered but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_oS9XBxlwM

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jelly posted:

Someone in the weed thread made me think of this. There's a lot of chill electronic songs that overlay their beats with fun quotes from movies instead of lyrics. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this.

https://youtu.be/ztOWSvNoBio

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Jelly posted:

Spotify used to play this one for me and the audio seems to be from an old creature-horror movie. Possibly really old judging from the nuances of the accent and audio compression, but I suppose even movies from the early 80's can have that feel these days, but it gave me more "The Blob" vibes.

If my recollection was good, I could probably find it, since I can't I bet this is way off, but I have to start somewhere - the quote is something like:

"It wasn't a man! He took 5 slugs from my .45 and kept on going. What kind of person can take 5 slugs and walk away like it's nothing!"

My own attempts turned up Halloween 2, because I guess some dude shot MM 6 times, but this is not the correct reference.

pretty sure its this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giHqnr2wpv4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

databasic posted:

One time in elementary school, I was visiting a relative in the hospital. There was a TV on that showed a scene with some guy betraying someone. The guy literally peeled part of his cheek off and I had never seen anything like it, and it horrified and scarred me for years. I had never seen gory prosthetics before and avoided watching things like that for years. I will not gain any psychological comfort by finding the source.

This sounds like Murdoc from Macguyver. There’s a scene where he peels off part of his cheek while a woman watches in horror. It’s not particularly gory, but it terrified me as a kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ-K4-DkU5s