Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shageletic posted:

One thing I found hard to increasingly believe was Kingpin actually being effective in getting 5he public to support towards the end of the 3rd season as he's killed like a dozen police officers the public is aware of?

Him running for mayor is gonna need aloooooooot of work

These days you'd probably get pretty far on an ACAB ticket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Question about Echo: anyone else see the weird European looking guy in the stands at the game in the second episode? That flashback is set in the 1100s or something so a dude in a leather jerkin with metal snaps is a little weird, right? He also seemed to have a dead eye and some scars? My guess was an Asgardian, but could potentially have also been a monster hunter from that Bloodstone society thing perhaps?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was definitely weird but I just assumed he was a Viking explorer who ended up down in Alabama.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

theironjef posted:

Question about Echo: anyone else see the weird European looking guy in the stands at the game in the second episode? That flashback is set in the 1100s or something so a dude in a leather jerkin with metal snaps is a little weird, right? He also seemed to have a dead eye and some scars? My guess was an Asgardian, but could potentially have also been a monster hunter from that Bloodstone society thing perhaps?

I think you just put more thought into Echo than the series writers put into Echo.

Seriously, that ending was infuriating to me. But I'm also a bit biased because I only know of her from Daredevil books and she was basically Taskmaster there, but somehow she got magical powers that let her turn her grandma into a pit figher?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

It was definitely weird but I just assumed he was a Viking explorer who ended up down in Alabama.

yeah, i figured viking or asguardian

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Asgardian is probably the safest choice. Dude just likes LaCrosse.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hey Eric Adams is somehow mayor IRL, so like, I can see it

If there's one thing real life has established, it's that New Yorkers will consistently vote in insane nutjobs for mayor

DeBlasio is somehow the most normie mayor in the last 30 years

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

koolkal posted:

If there's one thing real life has established, it's that New Yorkers will consistently vote in insane nutjobs for mayor

DeBlasio is somehow the most normie mayor in the last 30 years

I mean hell, Kingpin would probably be less corrupt and a better mayor than Rudy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bunnyofdoom posted:

I mean hell, Kingpin would probably be less corrupt and a better mayor than Rudy.

Kingpin could ACTUALLY put an end to organized crime, unlike Giuliani. He'd just tell them to knock it off.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Dawgstar posted:

Kingpin could ACTUALLY put an end to organized crime, unlike Giuliani. He'd just tell them to knock it off.

That is sort of like putting the arsonist im charge of the fire department because he will always know where the next fire is going to start.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dawgstar posted:

That's not too far off of how it went in the comics. He was effective when he wanted to be, but of course because it's comics he had to become cartoonishly evil again.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
WRONG THREAD

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 22, 2024

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
What If...? season 3 first look.

Basically no information other than these four promo shots.

The only confirmation is that Jeffrey Wright and Haylee Atwell are contributing voices. No other cast, release date, or episode titles confirmed.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1749508453893132290

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

What If...? season 3 first look.

Basically no information other than these four promo shots.

The only confirmation is that Jeffrey Wright and Haylee Atwell are contributing voices. No other cast, release date, or episode titles confirmed.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1749508453893132290

Or basically the only information you need is that there will be Marvel Gundams so get pumped for that

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I am stoked for Captain A-mech-ica

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The Captain America one is a clear Gundam ripoff, down to the red chin even, but the Black Panther one doesn't have a lot of Gundam design cues. That's definitely a 21st century mecha. And a bad guy one, with that face. If you told me that thing shows up in the second season of Aldnoah.Zero, I'd believe you

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really hope they start tapping into later things and different characters than just the core Avengers. Like Sam as Cap and Red Guardian are good signs. But it feels like they have barely touched anything post Endgame.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Double post, whoops

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

The Captain America one is a clear Gundam ripoff, down to the red chin even, but the Black Panther one doesn't have a lot of Gundam design cues. That's definitely a 21st century mecha. And a bad guy one, with that face. If you told me that thing shows up in the second season of Aldnoah.Zero, I'd believe you

They're all Gundams OP.

Except Evas which are not Gundams

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
A giant robot with a pilot inside is a Gundam. This is law.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Endless Mike posted:

They're all Gundams OP.

Though it seems pretty unlikely, we don't know that the mother of Steve Rogers isn't embedded in that robot so we can't rule it out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Endless Mike posted:

They're all Gundams OP.

Joe Fisto posted:

Most of the robots in Gundam aren't even Gundams!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
What if it's pacific rim

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

bunnyofdoom posted:

What if it's pacific rim

Those are Jaegers!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The one thing I wish What If would do a little of is incorporate characters from the other shows. It seems to always be remixed Avengers with a sprinkling of Guardians from time to time. When are they gonna do an episode where Moon Knight or Ms. Marvel or Kate Bishop show up? Like notably it would have been interesting to have an Ethan Hawke version of Moon Knight turn up on the "80s Avengers" roster from season 2.

Doubly so if it's a chance to use the side characters from those shows that aren't likely to turn up elsewhere. Lemme get Red Scarab or that idle rich take on Swordsman or something into a story.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
What If kate bishop and yelena belova got married

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

site posted:

That shouldn't be a What If, that should be main continuity.

But yeah, more people from those shows. Though I guess maybe the What If writers might not be able to use them because Marvel has fumbled the ball in regards to following up on new characters this phase. It took Kate 2 years to show up again after Hawkeye,. Moon Knight hasn't shown up anywhere else yet. Still waiting on anything to be brought up from Eternals. No idea when or where She-Hulk will show up again. I think we're lucky Kamala was used in about a year's time after her show.

But I guess that's part of why they've struggled recently. With the earlier stuff the characters were all showing up pretty regularly, but now that's not really happening.

Codependent Poster fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 22, 2024

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

What if it's pacific rim
That is Gundams vs. Godzillas, so obviously they are Gundams

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

And Hung out with Kamala and America!

Didn't do any hero stuff, just chilled.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Though if it’s set in a neo-noir world it’s a Big

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sanschel posted:

Though if it’s set in a neo-noir world it’s a Big

No! The robots in Big O are called Megadeuses! The Bigs are a type of Megadeus!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Where does Gurren Lagaan fall into this?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gripweed posted:

No! The robots in Big O are called Megadeuses! The Bigs are a type of Megadeus!

Well now I'm just gonna have Falco stuck in my head all afternoon.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Medullah posted:

That's not too far off of how it went in the comics. He was effective when he wanted to be, but of course because it's comics he had to become cartoonishly evil again.

Well he was always evil when he was mayor. He just wanted to move beyond petty organized crime and do the big poo poo real money does. They the real money people just laughed at him and made him look powerless.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Codependent Poster posted:

That shouldn't be a What If, that should be main continuity.

But yeah, more people from those shows. Though I guess maybe the What If writers might not be able to use them because Marvel has fumbled the ball in regards to following up on new characters this phase. It took Kate 2 years to show up again after Hawkeye,. Moon Knight hasn't shown up anywhere else yet. Still waiting on anything to be brought up from Eternals. No idea when or where She-Hulk will show up again. I think we're lucky Kamala was used in about a year's time after her show.

But I guess that's part of why they've struggled recently. With the earlier stuff the characters were all showing up pretty regularly, but now that's not really happening.

What If Someone Noticed The Giant Celestial Hand Coming Out Of The Ocean?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Opopanax posted:

What If Someone Noticed The Giant Celestial Hand Coming Out Of The Ocean?

They did! It was on She-Hulk! So let's get Tatiana Maslany, who we already know is a phenomenal voice actor, into a studio to put She-Hulk on a nice cheap cartoon where less chuds will get mad about it anyway.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

I really hope they start tapping into later things and different characters than just the core Avengers. Like Sam as Cap and Red Guardian are good signs. But it feels like they have barely touched anything post Endgame.

There was Hela teaming up/falling in love with Wenwu.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A celestial the size of the planet showed up and had a conversation with someone, the one in the ocean probably doesn't even phase people.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
If the MCU is like the real world, people don’t care about world changing events if they don’t directly impact them. If Johnny Merican can’t see the weird arm, he doesn’t care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Joe Fisto posted:

If the MCU is like the real world, people don’t care about world changing events if they don’t directly impact them. If Johnny Merican can’t see the weird arm, he doesn’t care.

If some peaks of the Himalayans swapped around like a game of Three-cup Monte but it happened the day of the Superbowl the story would be on page A3.