Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

khy posted:

I like plague because survivors are hosed no matter what they do. Don't heal at fountains? Then you're basically 'exposed' all map long.

Heal at fountains? You just gave me a wonderful ranged attack!

Try to do both and heal sporadically? Even better because now I have the ranged attack AND you're broken!

Streamers call her vommy mommy but I call her "Fun as poo poo".

I'm a big Remedy fan in general though, Alan Wake and Control are fantastic and I'm actually going to buy Alan Wake because I'm weak willed.

Plague owns a lot, especially at shutting down a lot of the really irritating stuff survivors like to pull. Even if they cleanse so much the fountains reset you're probably still okay, she's just that good. Also she's not played very often so survivors really don't know how to deal with her very well. Worst case scenario you're an M1 killer against a team that all go down in one hit and loudly puke their guts out every so often. Best case scenario you are a ranged goddess who will gently caress up every single poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Relyssa posted:

Plague owns a lot, especially at shutting down a lot of the really irritating stuff survivors like to pull. Even if they cleanse so much the fountains reset you're probably still okay, she's just that good. Also she's not played very often so survivors really don't know how to deal with her very well. Worst case scenario you're an M1 killer against a team that all go down in one hit and loudly puke their guts out every so often. Best case scenario you are a ranged goddess who will gently caress up every single poo poo.
Also: voice lines! If in cryptic fake Assyrian or whatever

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Good lord people get very rude when you slug them to death. For the crime of bringing multiple boil overs/breakouts/top tier flashlights. And an eyrie of crows offering. And repeatedly hanging out at the godawful main building. You shitheads knew exactly what you were doing.

I tried to hook one of them in the basement since it spawned in main and they wriggled out anyway. I only slug death'd the boil over users and the one that didn't bring it still got mad at me.

As pig, so they of course gave me poo poo for playing "one of the worst killers" also.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I got one of those when I was playing Nurse and they all rushed me in such a way it was faster to just leave them all down rather than hook anyone. My man if you want to hang around in visual range of me as Nurse I'm just gonna pop over there and down you too

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Good lord people get very rude when you slug them to death. For the crime of bringing multiple boil overs/breakouts/top tier flashlights. And an eyrie of crows offering. And repeatedly hanging out at the godawful main building. You shitheads knew exactly what you were doing.

I tried to hook one of them in the basement since it spawned in main and they wriggled out anyway. I only slug death'd the boil over users and the one that didn't bring it still got mad at me.

As pig, so they of course gave me poo poo for playing "one of the worst killers" also.

I get slugged and bled out semi-often, but I'm still trying to figure out the primary reason. I don't use boilover or anything like that, and if I'm not running unbreakable/power struggle, I commonly crawl myself towards the killer/nearest hook to make it easier for them to get it all over with. And yet, they often don't, they just pass over me as if I don't exist until they down my entire team, then vanish into the ether somewhere until everyone bleeds out or disconnects. Are they doing that just to be lovely or is there some sort of archive/challenge/daily that's encouraging that?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Generally to be lovely.

Edit for clarity: I play at a rather high level on a number of different killers. I'm talking facing 4 P100 swfs bringing bnps and meta perks.

The amount of times I *have* to bleed someone out is maybe once every 20 or so games and that's honestly being generous. There are absolutely times where slugging is necessary, but bleeding people out, let alone bleeding out 4 people is almost always down out of being lovely.

There is nothing inherently in the game that punishes that behavior and it absolutely pisses people off so that's why people do it.

There will be some killers who claim "oh well they have power struggle and they're on pallet!" Or "well they might have deliverance!". And like sure I guess if the only thing you absolutely completely care about is the 100% most conservative, boring, toxic way to play I guess. But just hook whoever you are most concerned about last, and if you have to take one more chase, take one more chase, that sounds way more fun and engaging for everyone than being a toxic idiot just making everyone tick down for 3 minutes.

Yes, sometimes the survivors are completely unrepentant dicks and you simply have to play that way, but it is vastly and mostly not the case, and killers are doing it because you tilted them so they want to actively waste your time.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 22, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kwolok posted:

Generally to be lovely.

Edit for clarity: I play at a rather high level on a number of different killers. I'm talking facing 4 P100 swfs bringing bnps and meta perks.

The amount of times I *have* to bleed someone out is maybe once every 20 or so games and that's honestly being generous. There are absolutely times where slugging is necessary, but bleeding people out, let alone bleeding out 4 people is almost always down out of being lovely.

There is nothing inherently in the game that punishes that behavior and it absolutely pisses people off so that's why people do it.

There will be some killers who claim "oh well they have power struggle and they're on pallet!" Or "well they might have deliverance!". And like sure I guess if the only thing you absolutely completely care about is the 100% most conservative, boring, toxic way to play I guess. But just hook whoever you are most concerned about last, and if you have to take one more chase, take one more chase, that sounds way more fun and engaging for everyone than being a toxic idiot just making everyone tick down for 3 minutes.

Yes, sometimes the survivors are completely unrepentant dicks and you simply have to play that way, but it is vastly and mostly not the case, and killers are doing it because you tilted them so they want to actively waste your time.

Agreeing with all of this. To be clear, I hate slugging and especially bleeding people out but these were survivors who deliberately made hooking them as difficult as possible and it was pretty much the only option I had left. The vast majority of the time it barely even registers as an option for me, let alone a necessity.

Umbreon posted:

I get slugged and bled out semi-often, but I'm still trying to figure out the primary reason. I don't use boilover or anything like that, and if I'm not running unbreakable/power struggle, I commonly crawl myself towards the killer/nearest hook to make it easier for them to get it all over with. And yet, they often don't, they just pass over me as if I don't exist until they down my entire team, then vanish into the ether somewhere until everyone bleeds out or disconnects. Are they doing that just to be lovely or is there some sort of archive/challenge/daily that's encouraging that?

If you don't use boil over and even go so far as to seek out the killer and/or a hook when you're on the ground instead of crawling off into a corner somewhere then it's just the killer being a jerk. Most of the time if I end up slugging it's because I had the opportunity to down multiple people in one go and when I came back to hook the second or third person they crawled away and I am awful at figuring out where those survivors go off to.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

That or the ones who crawl away to an area where there aren't any hooks. If you're doing that when people are still left alive, fair. If you're doing that when you're the only one left, I'm not sure what you're expecting other than a slow death

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

That or the ones who crawl away to an area where there aren't any hooks. If you're doing that when people are still left alive, fair. If you're doing that when you're the only one left, I'm not sure what you're expecting other than a slow death
Hoping to find hatch?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Not really, I mean the ones who just go to a corner with nothing within a mile and park there

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1749507482534228454?s=20

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Nessus posted:

Hoping to find hatch?

Honestly the ones that look like they're trying to find hatch or who park near a hook and await death I will happily take on a journey to find the hatch. The ones that find a deadzone just to be a jerk can stay there.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I bought Skull Merchant, because all Survivors are awful and need to die.

And now I really like playing as her because every single game I get 10k deviousness points. Every. Single. Game.

She's so good to farm BP with.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

You're a monster

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

You're so loving valid

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Skull Merchant is fun as hell, live your best life

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

bit late to the convo on it but here's my Plague hot take:

Fun to play, the most infuriating irritating thing to play against. Why? Not only do you need to rely on teammates to all do the same thing, no other killer hard counters altruistic healing perk builds like Plague. She just shuts down an entire set of (relatively sub par) perks and it's so goddamn frustrating.

Yes I'm absolutely biased on this, but man when you like doing meme healing builds, mostly sans a medikit, and you load in and see a fountain... just ugh. The only killler I genuinely loathe to face as a survivor, and feel torn to play as a killer.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Yeah, I feel like Plague hard counters healing in a way that can feel kind of frustrating. One-perk counters like Mindbreaker countering Fogwise are annoying but understandable, but Plague cancels out a whole suite of perks and items.

That said, my bigger issue is that she's just a huge indictment of the game's lack of tutorialization. There are so many killers that really, *really* need ingame guides, like Pinhead or Plague. The tips on the loading screen don't count. Stuff like "When you're fully infected, you will spread the plague, so don't get on generators with healthy survivors and be careful about working on generators with infected ones" or "Rescuing infected survivors will infect you, so don't cleanse right before unhooking someone who's infected" or "Plague can see where you cleanse and use that fountain to attack nearby targets so maybe don't cleanse next to a generator another survivor's working on if you don't want them to loving hate you"

When I'm playing as or against Plague, it's just so nakedly obvious so many people truly have no idea what to do against her. Pinhead isn't so bad now that they finally fixed the chains hassling you while you try to solve it thing with him but so many people just never ever grab the cube and let their teammates take the fall even if they're injured and death hook.

The game also really, really, really needs to plainly spell out "If you're refusing to take chases and hide everywhere when you have 0 hooks and your team all has 2, you are being selfish as gently caress, no I don't care if you're bad at chase, let the killer find you for God's sake" somewhere, ideally in multiple places. Just basic strategy like that. I don't care if you don't make a full-on tutorial, put it in the text-only guidebook the game has built in, or loading screen tips, or something, please please please.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I was kidding about hating Skull Merchant. But god, I legit hate Plague.

She's the only killer who has a completely unavoidable power. You can crouch thru Hag's and SM's traps. (You can even undo them if you find them.) You can dodge Huntress, Trickster, Victor, etc. You can defeat Ghostface just by looking at him!

But against Plague, if you want to power the exit gates, you have to go through those infected generators, so you WILL get sick at some point in the match. Hell, you can't even unhook or heal a teammate without it happening. And not just a minute of being Exposed, like Oni or Shape. You're injured, you can't heal, oh and Iron Will doesn't work.

It's like she's Trapper, but every generator, vault, pallet, and locker can become a trap, and she has infinite traps to spread around the map, and instead of taking time to stop and set up a single one, she can just spray multiple of them around an area without even having to stop a chase. Granted, they aren't permanent, but triggering one resets it AND can generate (again, potentially infinite) additional traps that will automatically get spread for you into the exact areas where survivors are conveniently forced to go.

Survivors can untrap themselves, and they do get a health-state back when they do (unlike Trapper) but they have to travel to certain spots to do so, and it just makes you stronger when they do. Plus, what are they going to do after that? Do a gen and get re-infected??

BrewingTea fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 25, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

All the Plague hate is entirely correct and justified. However, as I main a low-tier killer, Pig, having a nice broken killer to use occasionally when I get frustrated with the game really helps. Got bullied one too many times by nonsense medkits and FTP/BU combo shenanigans? Time to play a game or two of a killer that completely shuts down all that. I definitely would not play her every game, as I don't think most survivors deserve to be subjected to that, but I appreciate having a relief valve of sorts.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

BrewingTea posted:

I was kidding about hating Skull Merchant. But god, I legit hate Plague.

She's the only killer who has a completely unavoidable power. You can crouch thru Hag's and SM's traps. (You can even undo them if you find them.) You can dodge Huntress, Trickster, Victor, etc. You can defeat Ghostface just by looking at him!

But against Plague, if you want to power the exit gates, you have to go through those infected generators, so you WILL get sick at some point in the match. Hell, you can't even unhook or heal a teammate without it happening. And not just a minute of being Exposed, like Oni or Shape. You're injured, you can't heal, oh and Iron Will doesn't work.

It's like she's Trapper, but every generator, vault, pallet, and locker can become a trap, and she has infinite traps to spread around the map, and instead of taking time to stop and set up a single one, she can just spray multiple of them around an area without even having to stop a chase. Granted, they aren't permanent, but triggering one resets it AND can generate (again, potentially infinite) additional traps that will automatically get spread for you into the exact areas where survivors are conveniently forced to go.

Survivors can untrap themselves, and they do get a health-state back when they do (unlike Trapper) but they have to travel to certain spots to do so, and it just makes you stronger when they do. Plus, what are they going to do after that? Do a gen and get re-infected??

The difference is, if you don't cleanse, ultimately she has ZERO ability in chase. Yes you are one hit, but she has to earn that hit. If you have trouble in chase this is going to feel oppressive but it should feel almost exactly the same as if a ghostface stalks you to full. Her pressure is immense largely and only because most people simply cannot take chase or because they all can't stop cleansing.

So yes maybe the first phase of her power is unavoidable but everything that can actually down you is (save for red puke). Ultimately Oni has a crazy good power in chase, trickster and victor too (Also if victor just runs right up to you not sure how you can avoid it), but plague doesn't really have anything if the survivors are good at not cleansing.

Kwolok fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 25, 2024

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah, most games I play as Plague amount to no one cleanses, I have to chase people around shittyass maps with her nine foot tall rear end everyone can see coming and then I lose, gg

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
How common do you find it for killers to deny a mercy hook and slug to prevent hatch when there's two people? seems like I've been running into this a lot lately but it might just be bad luck. I mean running into a killer's face and getting left on the ground. killers could slug whenever they want as far as I'm concerned as long as they don't do this poo poo.

idontpost69 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 25, 2024

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
It's the smart thing to do and they changed Adept Killer to require a 4K.

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023

Doomykins posted:

It's the smart thing to do and they changed Adept Killer to require a 4K.
yeah I guess, no mercy for both sides.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

idontpost69 posted:

How common do you find it for killers to deny a mercy hook and slug to prevent hatch when there's two people? seems like I've been running into this a lot lately but it might just be bad luck. I mean running into a killer's face and getting left on the ground. killers could slug whenever they want as far as I'm concerned as long as they don't do this poo poo.

The amount of times I've given someone hatch or otherwise tried to be even the slightest bit nice only to be met with trash talk and "ez baby killer" poo poo from the person I let go really sours on me on doing it ever.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Post-PTB Updates

-Onryo now locks in just two stacks of condemn on hook, so four in total, and anything beyond that can be removed. This is to discourage tunneling
-Onryo has a power meter with a charge time of 10 seconds. It empties when projecting and applies condemn to anyone near a powered TV. If the meter is empty, no stacks are applied (but meter is not emptied). This is to discourage teleport spam for the sack of stacking condemn

-Blight’s Compount 33 nerfed to 11% turn rate bonus and the rush distance to earn it reduced to 3m. Stacks 3 times
-Blight Tag now puts rush on a 20s cooldown after any attack (hit or miss), breaking a pallet, or failing to slam
-Adrenaline Vial removed the turn rate penalty and added back the rush speed bonus at 5% (was 10%)

-Billy’s Greased Throttle and Thompson Mix works all on chainsaw attacks not just successes
-Air Filter and Idler Screw buffed to 20% and 30% respectively

-STBFL now loses stacks on obsession hit or special attack to avoid cheese via Plot Twist, letting wounds expire, erc
-Quick Gambit now back to the original 6/7/8% repair bonus

They also have a watch list for stuff they’re concerned about and will keep an eye on: Grim Embrace/DMS combo, Generator Changes (regression limits and nerf to tapping a regressing gen), Onryo and Hillbilly reworks.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Post-PTB Updates

-Onryo now locks in just two stacks of condemn on hook, so four in total, and anything beyond that can be removed. This is to discourage tunneling
-Onryo has a power meter with a charge time of 10 seconds. It empties when projecting and applies condemn to anyone near a powered TV. If the meter is empty, no stacks are applied (but meter is not emptied). This is to discourage teleport spam for the sack of stacking condemn

-Blight’s Compount 33 nerfed to 11% turn rate bonus and the rush distance to earn it reduced to 3m. Stacks 3 times
-Blight Tag now puts rush on a 20s cooldown after any attack (hit or miss), breaking a pallet, or failing to slam
-Adrenaline Vial removed the turn rate penalty and added back the rush speed bonus at 5% (was 10%)

-Billy’s Greased Throttle and Thompson Mix works all on chainsaw attacks not just successes
-Air Filter and Idler Screw buffed to 20% and 30% respectively

-STBFL now loses stacks on obsession hit or special attack to avoid cheese via Plot Twist, letting wounds expire, erc
-Quick Gambit now back to the original 6/7/8% repair bonus

They also have a watch list for stuff they’re concerned about and will keep an eye on: Grim Embrace/DMS combo, Generator Changes (regression limits and nerf to tapping a regressing gen), Onryo and Hillbilly reworks.

Just rework Quick Gambit entirely, it's a dogshit perk that encourages poor gameplay. Onryo changes sound good on paper, will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Very happy to see they came to their senses on STBFL and didn't make it so the obsession could force you to lose stacks with no input from you.

Nerf blight's basekit into the ground, please.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I am astounded, they nerfed sadako into the ground for no reason. At least when her win rate finally craters she'll hit that 50% ratio w/l they like to see in their excel sheets

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Relyssa posted:

Just rework Quick Gambit entirely, it's a dogshit perk that encourages poor gameplay. Onryo changes sound good on paper, will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Very happy to see they came to their senses on STBFL and didn't make it so the obsession could force you to lose stacks with no input from you.

Nerf blight's basekit into the ground, please.

Her changes are terrible, she can't build condemned quickly, tvs still turn off, she has no chase power and she has a very loud lullaby so she can't stealth. Inserting a tape is still quick and you can just hold them now forever with no penalty. At this point I want them to explain exactly how they expect people to play her

E: they also technically nerfed pig since ambush attacks now remove stbfl stacks

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 25, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Her changes are terrible, she can't build condemned quickly, tvs still turn off, she has no chase power and she has a very loud lullaby so she can't stealth. Inserting a tape is still quick and you can just hold them now forever with no penalty. At this point I want them to explain exactly how they expect people to play her

her changes are great because playing against condemn onryo sucks so this will put a stop to it forever

honestly though the hook locking in condemn needed to be toned down because that would've been absolutely awful to go against

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

E: they also technically nerfed pig since ambush attacks now remove stbfl stacks

Does lullaby loudness matter anymore? Survivors now have the heartbeat terror radius sensing feature and pretty much every streamer I watch turns it on.

E: Oh right I forgot, lullaby is not terror radius. Serves me right for never using the feature lol

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 25, 2024

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Relyssa posted:

her changes are great because playing against condemn onryo sucks so this will put a stop to it forever

honestly though the hook locking in condemn needed to be toned down because that would've been absolutely awful to go against

Good news, she's just going to tunnel you because that's the only play style left that can give her a win

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Good news, she's just going to tunnel you because that's the only play style left that can give her a win

I already run anti-tunnel perks because every other killer already tunnels every game, so this won't change a thing

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Umbreon posted:

Does lullaby loudness matter anymore? Survivors now have the heartbeat terror radius sensing feature and pretty much every streamer I watch turns it on.

E: Oh right I forgot, lullaby is not terror radius. Serves me right for never using the feature lol

If I remember correctly, Onryu has the specific problem where her lullaby is loud in a way where if you're just listening to it in the distance it's easy to miss or think you hear it when it's not there because it's just static, but when you have subtitles on you get QUIET STATIC as soon as she gets anywhere near you and it blows up the whole point of the character.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Umbreon posted:

I don't use it either, but I thought that it also lit up for lullabies?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Lurks With Wolves posted:

If I remember correctly, Onryu has the specific problem where her lullaby is loud in a way where if you're just listening to it in the distance it's easy to miss or think you hear it when it's not there because it's just static, but when you have subtitles on you get QUIET STATIC as soon as she gets anywhere near you and it blows up the whole point of the character.

Just have the heartbeat visual indicator on and you will immedaitely get visual feedback when you are within her lullaby no matter what, no subtitles needed.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

At a certain point, what's the point of having all these varied play styles if it's going to collapse down into this?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Those Sadako changes look basically like "on death hook you can do the thing" which is kinda dumb while also you can just slap a tape in and out one second and be fine, so, a bad m1 killer what else is new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nessus posted:

At a certain point, what's the point of having all these varied play styles if it's going to collapse down into this?

If anything the ptb sadako discouraged tunneling, because if you hooked a guy at 5 condemned because he was a moron you could then ignore him because he suddenly has to play super safe or you kill him at one hook, and if he hosed up a second time and got into a chase / gave you a hit you could then punish his sloppy play. This made survivors really mad because it's not fair that they don't have eight or nine free escapes for bad plays so here we are