Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
sous vide + blowtorch for the char. i don't edit posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I did some smothered pork chops yesterday.

This Dutch oven has really upped my food game. I like adding the flour and getting that fond

Assorted chicken wings tonight. I lollipop'd 6 of them. Simple rub of red pepper, tumeric, oregano, paprika, onion n garlic powder.

Then did 3 with a chicken rub and some baking powder and another 3 with just balsamic

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

slow cooked roast in shawarma spices, pita, tahini, Sriracha (not pictured), veggies, couscous

Looks like a pita full of cum. The meat looks amazing though, just without the cum.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
Pork chops and mashed potatoes

The pork chops were in remembrance of my kitty, who died last month. She once stole a pork chop off my brother-in-law's plate

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No. 6 posted:

Looks like a pita full of cum. The meat looks amazing though, just without the cum.

Probe this homophobia

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

bird with big dick posted:

Probe this homophobia

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

My wife told me I have to brush my teeth when I get home, lol.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004

Shredded Rotisserie chicken, dill, spinach and pastina in a bone broth whisked with lemon and egg yolk. Garnished with fresh dill and feta

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Made okonomiyaki for the first time. Didn't shred the cabbage fine enough so it was too thicc and undercooked in the middle. Now my stomach hurts. It was good tho

No photos bc it was ugly af lol

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 15, 2024

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Roasted chicken with a sage-vermouth pan sauce that was like 30% butter, so frickin good. Baked sweet potato and sautéed spinach for sides.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Cauliflower steak w/ chimichurri, quinoa w/ sauteed porcini mushrooms (and butter) with kale and pickled radishes, rosemary cornbread, roasted butternut squash, a side salad, and dessert was chocolate pot de creme.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Squid and vegetables

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I was feeling lazy and didn't want to cook so I decided to try a new Ramen place and it was just inedibly bad, so I threw it out and decided to cook the frozen pizza that's been sitting in the freezer forever but I forgot about it and burned the poo poo out of it so I finally gave up and just ordered a 'za

It was an expensive night of laziness and now I'm hungry and cranky waiting for the 'za to be delivered :argh:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

update: ate the pizza and now I'm content

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

update: ate the pizza and now I'm content

What'd you git

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

cheese + potato pierogis and veggie soup. the pierogis came from a bag, tho

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

That looks absolutely amazing, but it's always weird seeing certain foreign (euro, UK?) sausages. They look like overstuffed fat thumbs. I've never seen that here.

I want to eat them.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Egg and silken tofu with chili garlic sauce

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004

NLJP posted:

Egg and silken tofu with chili garlic sauce

That looks awesome

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That looks absolutely amazing, but it's always weird seeing certain foreign (euro, UK?) sausages. They look like overstuffed fat thumbs. I've never seen that here.

I want to eat them.
Those are some (Australian) supermarket brand chipolatas. I'm curious what the difference is that you're seeing though; they just look like normal sausages to me. I tried googling "American sausages" and from the pictures I could find there didn't seem to be any significant difference?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tiggum posted:

Those are some (Australian) supermarket brand chipolatas. I'm curious what the difference is that you're seeing though; they just look like normal sausages to me. I tried googling "American sausages" and from the pictures I could find there didn't seem to be any significant difference?

Most often the sausages I see are just longer and skinnier. There's a big German and Italian population here so that might have something to do with it. I never see little fat sausages. Anything you get from a grocery store would probably have different dimensions.

I don't know why I noticed this.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Most often the sausages I see are just longer and skinnier. There's a big German and Italian population here so that might have something to do with it. I never see little fat sausages. Anything you get from a grocery store would probably have different dimensions.

I don't know why I noticed this.

They probably just look thicker because they're short. I think they're probably made using the same casing as any other regular sausage. You can get much thicker sausages, but they're generally the long kind not short ones like this.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Just a basic Pep from this place https://gusnewyorkpizza.com/

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Cooking again!

I got a 2.44lbs English roast on sale for like $10. I'm making a pot roast! These are always hit or miss for me so I hope this one turns out. I've only ever made a few ever.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

smashed em. truffle cheddar. some sauteed onions. brioche buns

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

cheese + potato pierogis and veggie soup. the pierogis came from a bag, tho

your posts in this thread are amazing

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

all I can see is the hair on that cheese :(

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

your posts in this thread are amazing

thank you

Crusty Nutsack posted:

all I can see is the hair on that cheese
lol yeah. i should've taken a picture afterwards but i was hungry

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'd still eat anything with those onions on it

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

pubic

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Anyone who wouldn’t eat that cause of a hair doesn’t deserve that meal

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Execution is great but truffle anything that's not actual truffles is gross poo poo made with overpowering artificial flavouring that tastes nothing like actual truffle

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Butterfly Valley posted:

Execution is great but truffle anything that's not actual truffles is gross poo poo made with overpowering artificial flavouring that tastes nothing like actual truffle

I've come around on it tbh. i think it's how many pubs sold me truffle fries while i was drunk over the years. you're absolutely right about it, and i know you're right, but it gets me nostalgic for grad school, etc

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Cooking again!

I got a 2.44lbs English roast on sale for like $10. I'm making a pot roast! These are always hit or miss for me so I hope this one turns out. I've only ever made a few ever.

i should make a pot roast soon. i almost bought london broil on sale the other day for soup but decided to hold off. it would've been great for it. I'm not sure I've ever even made one

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Butterfly Valley posted:

this is exactly my experience also.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just made a pot roast last weekend for the first time in maybe a decade and used this recipe based on a friend's rec and it turned out great. The websites format is annoying as gently caress and I don't think there's a "print recipe" button so I just cut and pasted the actual recipe parts into notepad and printed that. Don't skip the horseradish cream, it's great.

https://whattocook.substack.com/p/early-dismissal-pot-roast?fbclid=IwAR3isE00vq5u1hfMReXA_FCCgsf3hegBJlpCcrk1BJ7u8TLbzOykSM3YpDQ

It's a bit of work but it's so much better than the lovely pot roasts my parents used to make which was just "throw a hunk of meat and some carrots and some potatoes into a dutch oven and leave in at 350 for 4 hours."

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Butterfly Valley posted:

Even then a little goes a looong way, too much of the good stuff is still nasty

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's coming along well. Although I probably shouldn't have added that extra cup of beef broth at the end because I thought there wasn't enough liquid. Also it smells heavily of worchestershire so I might have added a bit too much. I have faith. :)

My plan is to wait until it falls apart. It's been going for about 6.5 hours so far. My plan was 8-10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Very lazy dinner. Sausages and giant beans on toast.