Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve never had a robe and finally bought one and fellas lemme tell ya

Pretty great

Where’d you get it? I’ve been thinking of getting one myself but every time I see one in a store they seem way pricier than I’d expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Are we talking a big fluffy thing or a robe for the sophisticated gentleman that also needs to keep a beer cold on the go?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Freaquency posted:

Oh hey I hacked the CCTV at the airport and got this footage of Android Apocalypse:

https://youtu.be/zAwcj6d8XTQ?si=IIuKnA7Ese_7JynE

First off, how dare you I :lol:'ed

3 DONG HORSE posted:

AA earned his wings a long time ago so the TSA lets him do what he wants

Second, :lmao:.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Shooting competition I think he said?

It's this.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm going to spend :20bux: on in-flight booze & internet to shitpost while eating this burger at 30,000 feet.

Best :20bux: I spent so far (technically $16 for internet and booze).

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’ve never had a robe and finally bought one and fellas lemme tell ya

Pretty great

I have a big fluffy one that I rarely use and never use right when I get out of the shower, but it IS great for bein extra cozy on chilly Sundays!

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

First off, how dare you I :lol:'ed

Second, :lmao:.

It's this.

Best :20bux: I spent so far (technically $16 for internet and booze).

How is that drink? I've seen them pop up at my local bar but nobody buys them because they're all tequila and Jameson freaks.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Really, a pineapple vodka seltzer? Can we just spend an entire page or two roasting that drink order. Shooting competition, completely legitimate reason to fly with a gun. Ordering a pineapple vodka seltzer out of anything they have have to drink on a plane?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's a'ight. Just another hard seltzer but I'm a sucker for pineapple flavor so that is a point in its favor.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Really, a pineapple vodka seltzer? Can we just spend an entire page or two roasting that drink order. Shooting competition, completely legitimate reason to fly with a gun. Ordering a pineapple vodka seltzer out of anything they have have to drink on a plane?

Drinking whatever you want and not caring what others think about it is cool now, sorry

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

It's a'ight. Just another hard seltzer but I'm a sucker for pineapple flavor so that is a point in its favor.

I love pineapple so much. It's the best fruit.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Also, its a plane, not like a whiskey bar or something. It was like 1 of 4 things with alcohol available.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like High Noon and I like pineapple. Don't let them shame you.

The alcohol is a healthy amount too

trilljester posted:

my man

Dole Whips at Disneyland are Tier 1

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

What, you guys don't fly around on a private jet with a fully stocked bar?? Is this America????

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I dunno when I'm drinking on a plane I get a tiny bottle of whiskey and a gingerale.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Do not get the loaded one with chili, mango, and cucumber. The plain one is just fine.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

I dunno when I'm drinking on a plane I get a tiny bottle of whiskey and a gingerale.

high fructose corn syrup though

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

kiimo posted:

I like High Noon and I like pineapple. Don't let them shame you.

The alcohol is a healthy amount too

my man

gently caress yes. I'll sit in that line, it's worth it.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I only drink 30 year aged scotch while smoking a Cuban cigar and wearing a three piece suit because I’m a Real Man and not a pineapple drinking dandy :smug:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I remember one of the first times I went back to KC after living in LA for a couple years. I go in a bar and order a Manhattan and some chode looks at it and says "huh. There's FRUIT in your drink!"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

trilljester posted:

The pineapple Spindrifts are GOATed

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Freaquency posted:

Are we talking a big fluffy thing or a robe for the sophisticated gentleman that also needs to keep a beer cold on the go?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I like to mix pineapple spedthrift or waterloo with a little orange juice or passionfruit syrup and some clear liquor when I'm in a tropical mood.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One of my friends from Wisconsin that I met up with in Missouri joked that the state has their own Bloody Mary technique which includes having a beer chaser. Said the rampant alcoholism helps take the edge off of living in the state.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I like those Chicago bloody marys with full hamburgers on the stick

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bloody Mary’s in Wisconsin are serious loving business

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Where’d you get it? I’ve been thinking of getting one myself but every time I see one in a store they seem way pricier than I’d expect.

Just one off of Amazon with the most ridiculous model posing with it:

https://a.co/d/0NYDp9y

It’s super warm and soft and has a hoodie so I’m happy

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

One of my friends from Wisconsin that I met up with in Missouri joked that the state has their own Bloody Mary technique which includes having a beer chaser. Said the rampant alcoholism helps take the edge off of living in the state.

This is very common in chicago too. I feel like the normal order is a pony of high life. I don’t know about anywhere else, but I’m sure more places do this.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Huh, just had an email that my TSA precheck renewal was due in six months, but you can renew online and for $70 for another five years. Easy decision.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The 7oz bottle of High Life with your Bloody means your breakfast is going to be greasy and amazing.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Red beers were a summer staple for my maternal grandparents, mostly because we did a ton of yard work on the weekends and got hot.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Drinking whatever you want and not caring what others think about it is cool now, sorry
:hmmyes:

Air Skwirl posted:

Yup. Buffalo Trace and ginger ale, back when I spent any time on planes without a mask. :sigh:

kiimo posted:

high fructose corn syrup though
I'm pretty sure the steady diet of game day wings overshadows any downsides to HFCS (this is not an attack on game day wings)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just one off of Amazon with the most ridiculous model posing with it:

https://a.co/d/0NYDp9y

It’s super warm and soft and has a hoodie so I’m happy

Oh hey that’s exactly my body type, gonna pick one up

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Huh, just had an email that my TSA precheck renewal was due in six months, but you can renew online and for $70 for another five years. Easy decision.

Mine + Global Entry was up in a few and the website was telling me I’d have to schedule another interview, but 48 hours after renewing I had an email saying I was good to go until 2029 :shrug:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I didn't have to do a second interview to renew my precheck and I renewed mine in 2021. I just paid online and that was it. Global Entry may be a different story though, I don't have that.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

trilljester posted:

Pineapple is disgusting

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

https://www.seriouseats.com/channa-masala-recipe

Gonna try this recipe as my first attempt at curry this week. I'm gonna use store bought garam masala. Very excited to try my hand at this because I loooove Indian food but it's so pricey around here.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Its Rinaldo posted:

Pineapple is disgusting

WTF. Top tier fruit for sure.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My friends have been having homemade Mexican food for our annual winter/January get-togethers but next year the organizer is thinking of doing Japanese curry.

Funny enough last night we all went to a Thai place and several of them (mainly the Wisconsiners) were struggling a bit on the "mild" curries.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Wife and I decided to go bougie and got ourselves the Amex Platinum card. Free access to lounges in most airports, $240 credit for Disney+, Walmart+ subscription, plus several other things. Basically I'll use it for all restaurants and hotels for when I travel for work.

One thing is a CLEAR subscription. I already have Precheck but maybe I can use both? :shrug:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Wife and I decided to go bougie and got ourselves the Amex Platinum card. Free access to lounges in most airports, $240 credit for Disney+, Walmart+ subscription, plus several other things. Basically I'll use it for all restaurants and hotels for when I travel for work.

One thing is a CLEAR subscription. I already have Precheck but maybe I can use both? :shrug:

Some large airports have a CLEAR Precheck line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Pineapple is disgusting

No pineapples, no onions, no pork chops… your palate is all hosed up